*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Soldato
I get hounded by ads for that, I assume they're garbage given how hard they're marketing it.

Took me 30 seconds to find what appears to be identical minus the branding for 44p.

Have noticed many brands doing exactly this.

It’s too small to cover a car. You’ll constantly be pumping (oioi)

I would get 2x IK

1x Multi 12
1x Foam 12 Pro (with electric pump)

100% this, although not particularly cheap.

Soldato
So back again as still completely undecided on whether to go PPF or Ceramic coating. Completely undecided and know each has it's own benefit. I've been warned about using a jet washer with PPF though due to edges peeling.

I think my biggest issue though is sourcing a company to do either. Can anyone here recommend anywhere West Midlands based or even slightly further afield. I don't mind travelling to get the best results

Soldato
So back again as still completely undecided on whether to go PPF or Ceramic coating. Completely undecided and know each has it's own benefit. I've been warned about using a jet washer with PPF though due to edges peeling.

I think my biggest issue though is sourcing a company to do either. Can anyone here recommend anywhere West Midlands based or even slightly further afield. I don't mind travelling to get the best results

What is it you’re trying to achieve?

Associate
Anyone have or used one of these? https://hydrouk.co/products/hydro-spray-bottle

I can't run a pressure washer from my flat so this could be a good alternative if it's as good as they claim.

Looked into a rinseless wash with a bucket and sponge?

Marolex do a pump foamer and sprayer also but a majority just need lots of pumping unless get a battery one or hack one with a portable pump.

Soldato
I'm after a long hose and a short/stubby gun for my pressure washer. I've got a Nilfisk C110 4-5 PC Xtra Compact so both need to be compatible with that. Any recommendations and/or suppliers to get them from?

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
That cloth tape wrap looks nasty.

On the hose? It might be the photo, in the flesh so to speak mine seems good quality, and hard wearing. Have had mine well over a year being dragged across the ground and no issues yet. It doesn't feel like tape, it feels more like a hard rubber rather than a cheap layer of fabric glued to the outside.

Soldato
Protecting from stone chips and road debris. Plus the ease of cleaning to continue the "pop" in colour and shine.

Stone chips and debris protection will require PPF. A ceramic gives you abrasion and chemical resistance to the clear coat.

Ease of cleaning comes from use of ceramic-based sealants - if something embeds itself into the PPF it won’t be much easier to clean.

PPF can begin to dull over time as well, so it might not give you the pop you’re looking for. It also isn’t as optically transparent as a ceramic coating.

You could ceramic over the top of a PPF to give protection and ease of cleaning. Make sure the car is machine polished properly before application though.

Soldato
Stone chips and debris protection will require PPF. A ceramic gives you abrasion and chemical resistance to the clear coat.

Ease of cleaning comes from use of ceramic-based sealants - if something embeds itself into the PPF it won’t be much easier to clean.

PPF can begin to dull over time as well, so it might not give you the pop you’re looking for. It also isn’t as optically transparent as a ceramic coating.

You could ceramic over the top of a PPF to give protection and ease of cleaning. Make sure the car is machine polished properly before application though.
cheers for the info. I have read about PPF "yellowing" over time. Tough choice.

Maybe I need to go see cars which have had either done to get a clearer idea of what I'd want.

Soldato
Finally got a car that’s worthy of cleaning myself and properly. Pretty new to this but done a lot of research. My cars getting ceramic coated as we speak.

I was gonna get Bilt Hamber products because I’ve heard good things and the guy coating my car also recommends it.

Is this a pretty solid way to do a ‘standard wash’.

1. BH Touchless snow foam all over let dwell for ~5 mins, then rinse off
2. BH Auto-Wheel on wheels, let dwell, scrub if needed, rinse.
3. BH Auto-Wash contact wash with 2 bucket method.
4. Final rinse and then dry.

Does that sound like about right?

I’ve got an old Karcher pressure washer, can someone recommend a good snow foam lance. As well as a good brush set and mits for the contact wash?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom