*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

Will do if we get an overcast day next week I will try them both out :)

I'm planning to use this method from 24 minute mark in this video where I dont empty the whole bottle on the car but do a squirt on the towel and one on the panel...

first time I've watched this one

i didn't realise you could do rinseless wash then ceramic gloss with clay towel

Used the G3 mitt tonight for the first time! Massive improvement, you can hear it going from rough to gliding over it after a few passes. Didn't take long at all. Never used traditional clay so can't compare, but only downside to the mitt is that it's pretty firm, so getting in to smaller gaps/details isn't as easy.

Buffed off as I went then used ceramic spray afterwards. Hadn't used that before either.

Gave my Partners Car a Quick Wash!

Pre Washed with 50ML of Autobrite Citrus Pre Wash + 100ML of Advanced Foam.

Wheels Turtle Wax Redline

Shampoo was Autofinesse Lather

Dried with a sprits of Carplan Supergloss (Hidden Gem IMO - Paintwork Feels like Glass and Beads incredibly)

Then used Turtle Wax Tyre and Trim (Cheap Aldi Special Buy)

Came up really well IMO - It hadn’t been cleaned in over 6 months i believe.

Also - Turtle Wax Redline is genuinely a great product for the money, I paid £20 for 5 Litres.

Now there are more potent Fall Out Removers but being a dedicated Wheel Cleaner with some Fall Out Chemical it works really well and being only £4 Per Litre is an absolute steal in my eyes.

Last edited:
Not bad for half an hour's work.

bhf4jpq.jpeg

G3u0iuF.jpeg

TpoaDDq.jpeg

Morning all!

I’m about to run out of bolt hamber wheel cleaner, only issue I’m finding is the supplied bottle is more of a jet and not spray, if that make sense? Do people put this product in a different “hand pump” style bottle to apply?

Thanks

Well I finally got round to getting my act together and get geared up for my 1st ever 'detail'.

Got a P-15 DA from Infinity wax https://www.infinitywax.com/products/infinity-wax-p-15-professional-dual-action-polisher and just waiting on my pads being delivered and the Svizzer MC 300 to be collected.

I used my G3 clay mitt for the 1st time today and dunno if it`s a placebo effect, but already the car looks to have popped a bit of colour. I could feel quite easily where the contamination was. I used up what was left of my old foam to spray, dwell, rinse, spray then clay mitt. Rinse then dry off with my m/f towels. Next time I foam will be with the B H Touch Less. And what a difference it makes having a proper cannon instead of a cheapo. MJJC Pro V2 is just so much better.

That`s part one done and happy so far. I`d have taken some pics but it`s already tucked away in the garage, away from the birds :)

Back
Top Bottom