*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

I think I will get a clay mitt too, do you think I could go any cheaper than the g3 or don't bother going cheap?
I personally wouldn't get anything else as I know it works and isn't too expensive.

Plus you can use it a good few times. Car condition dependant of course.

I wash the car first... then use car shampoo again just more concentrated in a bucket.

Last edited:
I tried removing the cigarette smell with some enzyme cleaner on the carpets. Now the car smells like vomit :(
I assume this is the product reacting with the dirty carpets?

The product is just "spray on clean fabric and it let dry".
I suspect I'm now going to have to wet-vac it...

Last edited:
What decent snow foam do you guys recommend? I have tried cheap as in the Demon Foam with it's own adaptor that comes with the container plus in a proper snow foam gun (original Autobrite) and it's rubbish. Also is there any better tar remover than Autoglym Tar Remover which I have had great success with? I just used the last of mine so need to order a new bottle so thought I would check witrh the experts first.

What decent snow foam do you guys recommend? I have tried cheap as in the Demon Foam with it's own adaptor that comes with the container plus in a proper snow foam gun (original Autobrite) and it's rubbish. Also is there any better tar remover than Autoglym Tar Remover which I have had great success with? I just used the last of mine so need to order a new bottle so thought I would check witrh the experts first.

I’ve found Bilt Hamber Touchless to be the most effective at removing road grime and salt build up - typically the most important thing for a snow foam.

It’s also more concentrated than others so you don’t need as much.

I think I will get a clay mitt too, do you think I could go any cheaper than the g3 or don't bother going cheap?

Clay bar for me personally - Bilt Hamber Soft Auto Clay, works fine with water rather than "wasting" quick detailer on it

Clay bar for me personally - Bilt Hamber Soft Auto Clay, works fine with water rather than "wasting" quick detailer on it

Always find water catches a little too much. I used to use water and a bit of dish soap, but the local detailer recommended baby shampoo instead as it’s more slick.

Works really quite well and still cheap as chips.

I've just had delivered some Bilt Hamber Touchless and Bilt Hamber Touch on.

Looking forward to trying them out, never used Bilt Hamber before.

What is everyones go to tyre dressing? Always liked Meguiars Endurance

Last edited:
I've just had delivered some Bilt Hamber Touchless and Bilt Hamber Touch on.

Looking forward to trying them out, never used Bilt Hamber before.

What is everyones go to tyre dressing? Always liked Meguiars Endurance

I’ve been using poor boys natural look

I find Michelin tyres suck at absorbing the gel type dressings and it leaves a patchy finish

I bought two 'clay towels' to try which I will use optimum no rinse as a lubricant on my car. On my wifes car which is more dirty the DIY detail iron remover as per a video I saw him and Pan do. I bought the DIY detail one and the carpro one which are supposed to cause no marring compared to clay. I know I'd end up repeatedly dropping clay!

Back
Top Bottom