*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

My car had a ceramic coating applied during the previous ownership, I think approx 1 year ago. It's great in that the water beads nicely but every time it rains, the car is left with little marks all over it. Where the rain has dried, it seems to collect dust or dirt and leave it all over the car. It's really annoying especially given how much it rains here. It's often raining overnight so I'll have cleaned the car one day and it looks dirty again in the morning.

I've done some searching but not really found a solution to this. I don't recall it being such an issue on previous cars i've had without a ceramic coating.

Should I look at changing the products I use for cleaning, like my car shampoo, or will that make no difference? Longer term I will go and get it detailed again and possibly have this coating removed + take advice on whether to reapply

Last edited:
try using a water spot remover

Any advice for chrome window trims?
I have a 2021 Tiguan and mine look like they have water stains. Tried a water spot remover and polish by hand but nothing is improving it. It does look better when wet.

Looking for a tar remover, anyone got any recommendations? Usually look at the Bilt Hamber stuff and I think it's the Cleanser Fluid from they're range, but possibly a bit ott?

i know the DIY detail one, is a tar remove , bug remover etc, id have theck the name
might be fallout remover they call it, i will be getting some at some point, i got some AG stuff ive never tried , which i should try as i think i have tar spots

Speaking of machine polishers, I’ve built a bit of a collection recently.

Firstly, I detest batteries and cordless stuff. Running out mid way through and needing to purchase extra batteries just to operate = stupid IMO

Das 6 Nano is a prime example. It’s a great machine but runs out too quickly. Thankfully it comes with two batteries as standard.

I picked up an UDOS 51e. Great machine with rotary and 8/12/15/21 random orbit strokes.

It’s unbelievably heavy though. Couldn’t use it to do a whole car, but the pace at which it removes defects is actually a little scary.

I then picked up a Das 6+ Pro. Cracking weekend warrior machine. Don’t need anything more. 15mm stroke. Light. Great power and stability.

Can’t see myself needing anything else tbh.

If you’ve ever wondered what buffing trails look like from rotary polishing:

(Before)

(After)

The guys over at Lake Country Manufacturing recently recommended Labocosmetica Fiero to me for refining. I must say it is amazing. Results above speak for themselves IMO.

Quick question, just started with new snow foam lance, washed car with polar wash, rinsed then used polar seal and it went on all milky looking. I'm not sure if this is normal or should I have rinsed through the snow foam lance with water between polar wash and polar seal

I then picked up a Das 6+ Pro. Cracking weekend warrior machine. Don’t need anything more. 15mm stroke. Light. Great power and stability.

Can’t see myself needing anything else tbh.
I've been looking at this one...

Is the one you mention better? I'm only likely to use it 3 of four times a year max.

I've been looking at this one...

Is the one you mention better? I'm only likely to use it 3 of four times a year max.

I’m sure it’s fine, but it’s a 700w motor - probably closer in cutting potential, and staling resistance to the Das6 V2, which is £90 ish from memory.

The Das6 Pro+ V2 is £144 with code DW10 from this site: https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/products/das-6-pro-plus-v2

1000w motor, 5 and 6 inch backing plate

It would probably be my pick for the same money.

Pair it with Lake Country HDO Blue foam pads and Scholl Concepts S20 black or Sonax Profiline Perfect Finish for a very capable single stage setup.

I still only do single stage on front bumper and smaller areas because the end result is so good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom