*** Car Wash / Valet / Detailing Thread ***

A combo product that tries to clean and protect is usually a disappointment.

Always get discrete products for something with such contrasting tasks.

A combo product that tries to clean and protect is usually a disappointment.

Always get discrete products for something with such contrasting tasks.

I’ve used others to great effect, including Gtechniq Ceramic Wash, which is quite good.

BH Touch On is also good, and the best I’ve personally tried.

Neither work well as shampoos, but they’re a great way of quickly getting some hydrophobicity with little effort. Bathe+, however, did absolutely nothing :/

I need to buy a DA polisher. I don't want to spend more than £100 including the backing plates and a set of pads. The In2Detailing ones look good for the money. I'm only going to use it a few times a year so is a 750W one powerful enough? I won't be doing a full paint correction, only removing swirl marks.

I need to buy a DA polisher. I don't want to spend more than £100 including the backing plates and a set of pads. The In2Detailing ones look good for the money. I'm only going to use it a few times a year so is a 750W one powerful enough? I won't be doing a full paint correction, only removing swirl marks.
It'll be fine I'm sure.

When I was getting my Caravelle detailed the detailer had one of the early in2detailing units, and we worked together, me on that one, to two stage the Caravelle. So I am quite sure it'll be fine for what you are wanting to do.

EDIT: For reference, at the time I had a Meguires G220 v2, and have recently upgraded to the Milwaukee M18FROP15.

Last edited:

I’ve heard good things about this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ginour-Cordless-Detailing-Batteries-2000-4000OPM/dp/B0CQJL94Z1/

15mm orbit is ideal for cutting speed :-)

Last edited:
Tbh if it works as it should, it’ll do the job. Easy to get caught up in carbon fibre, cordless machines costing £700+

Reality is, they won’t make you any better :P

Not entirely true. True for someone who might only do it a few times a year at most. But for someone using it much more often, lighter weight, less vibration, and less noise are all "features" that do have significant value.

I couldn't justify the Flex stuff, for example. But did fork out for the Milwaukee kit as it was worth it for me. I do have access to the Flex mini-polisher though.

Back
Top Bottom