Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics

wanna let me in on the secret? or is it your job to bust balls and see if the newbs can take it?

hurfdurf is a caricature of the authoritarianism and irrational prejudices currently labelled as "progressive". I have no idea if it's a character they're playing as a deliberate caricature or if it's the position they really hold. With ideologies like that, it's difficult or impossible to tell the difference between genuine extremism and parody of extremism. Poe's Law.

hurfdurf is a caricature of the authoritarianism and irrational prejudices currently labelled as "progressive". I have no idea if it's a character they're playing as a deliberate caricature or if it's the position they really hold. With ideologies like that, it's difficult or impossible to tell the difference between genuine extremism and parody of extremism. Poe's Law.
I see. Must be getting old. In my day we called the a ****.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ah yes, it's authoritarian to be anti racist, homophobic or transphobic.... the enlightened centreism strikes again!

is you trying to say that you're such a hard case that no-one dare say it to you, you having the Pride sign etc, or is it because mommy won't let you talk to grown ups?

It's more of a reflection of the cowardice of those who are so mean spirited online than how hard I am.

Yes, what about them? Oh yeah, it's a genetic abnormality and not the normal state. So like Caster they're atypical.

If you were following the context of the conversation... It was an extra example of animals showing a difference to gender binary. Other than "the few" that can change sex, its much more than a few, but whatevs.

Worth noting that genetic abnormalities are one of the things that can drive evolution... There was a time when the Y chromosome did not even exist as we know it.... And it is currently "dissappearing", or at least changing amongst humans.

Maybe you should get yourself checked? :p

Ah yes, it's authoritarian to be anti racist, homophobic or transphobic.... the enlightened centreism strikes again!

It's authoritarian to be authoritarian and a devout supporter of every fashionable form of irrational prejudice and discrimination. Which you are.

It's not surprising you're so hostile to "enlightened centrists". They're the people who actually support the concepts that "progressives" hate so much they've corrupted them. Concepts such as equality, tolerance, diversity and liberalism. They're also moderate, which gives extremists like yourself another reason to be hostile to them. They're also the only people who have any chance, even the slightest chance, of stopping the "progress" towards ever more authoritarianism and irrational prejudice, so they're the only threat to the "progress" you favour.

And no, "anti-racist" does not mean "defining people by their "race", judging people by racist stereotypes and discriminating against people because of their "race" and using threats and force and violence against anyone who objects to that". No matter how often "progressives" say it is, it is not. You are winning. You might win completely. But you'll still be liars, even if you brainwash people into believing the lie and force anyone who sees through it to be silent.

Here are my positions on those subjects, which used to be called liberal before...people...like you destroyed liberalism and is probably what you call "enlightened centreism".

Race: It's not real. Defining people by how much suntan they have is wrong and silly. Defining people by obviously inaccurate descriptions of how much suntan they have (which is what belief in race is) is even more wrong and even sillier. I think my position on racism was most eloquently expressed by Martin Luther King when he talked about his dream of a society in which people were "judged not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character".

Homosexuality: Not significantly different to heterosexuality and the distinction between the two is relevant only on an individual basis for sex and sexual relationships and only in that they require compatible orientations. For example, I think that Stjepan Hauser is sexy. In the highly unlikely circumstances of me making a pass at him, whether or not he's homosexual would be relevant. No distinction should be made in law, at all in any way, at any point in the spectrum of homo-/heterosexuality. I'd tolerate a distinction made on an individual basis and not politicised, as long as that distinction included tolerance. I wouldn't require approval, but I would require tolerance. So, for example, I would allow a person to disapprove of some part of that spectrum and to express their disapproval and to withold their personal approval of it, but I wouldn't allow them to politicise it.

Trans: Too broad a term and it's being deliberately used to promote sexism as a result. Which I'm sure you approve of. I make a distinction between sex and gender precisely because I'm not sexist, so of course I make a distinction between transgender and transsexual. They're completely different things. Since I'd prefer gender to be restricted to what it really is (trends that should never be applied to any individual) and for artifical gender to be done away with entirely (leaving only trends that are biological, e.g. height), I think the entire idea of transgender shouldn't be relevant. It's only of any relevance because of enforced gender, which I would prefer to not exist. If everyone has gender freedom, changing gender is an irrelevant idea. Sex is completely different, as it's physiological. My position on that is "close enough". It's impossible to nail down a hard and fast definition of sex that applies in all cases, so I go on "close enough" as a principle. If someone has a physiology that fits a "close enough" definition of one sex, that's the sex they are. If they have their physiology changed to be close enough to the other sex, they've changed sex.

Phobia. I'm sick of you people lying about what a phobia is. Do you ever tell the truth? Is it a point of honour with you to lie about everything, or is it just that lying is a useful political tool in some ways?

It's more of a reflection of the cowardice of those who are so mean spirited online than how hard I am.
I'm guessing you surround yourself with like-minded people offline.

Or you choose not to be so ridiculously PC offline.

Chances are the kind of conversations we're free to have on here would crop up much less often IRL. Ie you wouldn't normally talk openly about sensitive topics at work. Most people are more interested in maintaining a professional working relationship than pushing some PC agenda in the workplace.

Which leaves you only talking about such things in your circle of friends or in the hareem you keep telling us about.

If someone has a physiology that fits a "close enough" definition of one sex, that's the sex they are. If they have their physiology changed to be close enough to the other sex, they've changed sex.
There's a link on the BBC news site today, about a "trans-man" - who indeed does look like a man in the photo - who just "carried his own baby."

As in, got pregnant and gave birth. And still thinks he's a man.

As in, he has a man's womb and a man's ovaries and... seriously, wtf. It's like those people who say a "trans-woman" can have a "woman's penis".

The vast majority aren't buying it because it goes completely against what experience teaches us to be true. Ignoring the very, very rare people who are genuinely intersex (<1%), a man doesn't have a womb and can't give birth.

That's the trouble with people like @hurfdurf. They are trying to subvert reality and substitute a very bizarre fiction instead. Where girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys.

It's like those people who say a "trans-woman" can have a "woman's penis".

That is part of the argument with lesbians and TERFs - if a SJW takes an absolutist position re: a trans-woman is a woman no ifs no buts then there can be some absurd but logically consistent arguments that follow.

For example penis in vagina sex can be defined by SJWs as "lesbian sex" if the person with the penis defines themselves as female. Lesbians and straight men who don't want to date trans-women are "transphobic" etc..

t5AcJhf.jpg

It's authoritarian to be authoritarian and a devout supporter of every fashionable form of irrational prejudice and discrimination. Which you are.

It's not surprising you're so hostile to "enlightened centrists". They're the people who actually support the concepts that "progressives" hate so much they've corrupted them. Concepts such as equality, tolerance, diversity and liberalism. They're also moderate, which gives extremists like yourself another reason to be hostile to them. They're also the only people who have any chance, even the slightest chance, of stopping the "progress" towards ever more authoritarianism and irrational prejudice, so they're the only threat to the "progress" you favour.

And no, "anti-racist" does not mean "defining people by their "race", judging people by racist stereotypes and discriminating against people because of their "race" and using threats and force and violence against anyone who objects to that". No matter how often "progressives" say it is, it is not. You are winning. You might win completely. But you'll still be liars, even if you brainwash people into believing the lie and force anyone who sees through it to be silent.

Here are my positions on those subjects, which used to be called liberal before...people...like you destroyed liberalism and is probably what you call "enlightened centreism".

Race: It's not real. Defining people by how much suntan they have is wrong and silly. Defining people by obviously inaccurate descriptions of how much suntan they have (which is what belief in race is) is even more wrong and even sillier. I think my position on racism was most eloquently expressed by Martin Luther King when he talked about his dream of a society in which people were "judged not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character".

Homosexuality: Not significantly different to heterosexuality and the distinction between the two is relevant only on an individual basis for sex and sexual relationships and only in that they require compatible orientations. For example, I think that Stjepan Hauser is sexy. In the highly unlikely circumstances of me making a pass at him, whether or not he's homosexual would be relevant. No distinction should be made in law, at all in any way, at any point in the spectrum of homo-/heterosexuality. I'd tolerate a distinction made on an individual basis and not politicised, as long as that distinction included tolerance. I wouldn't require approval, but I would require tolerance. So, for example, I would allow a person to disapprove of some part of that spectrum and to express their disapproval and to withold their personal approval of it, but I wouldn't allow them to politicise it.

Trans: Too broad a term and it's being deliberately used to promote sexism as a result. Which I'm sure you approve of. I make a distinction between sex and gender precisely because I'm not sexist, so of course I make a distinction between transgender and transsexual. They're completely different things. Since I'd prefer gender to be restricted to what it really is (trends that should never be applied to any individual) and for artifical gender to be done away with entirely (leaving only trends that are biological, e.g. height), I think the entire idea of transgender shouldn't be relevant. It's only of any relevance because of enforced gender, which I would prefer to not exist. If everyone has gender freedom, changing gender is an irrelevant idea. Sex is completely different, as it's physiological. My position on that is "close enough". It's impossible to nail down a hard and fast definition of sex that applies in all cases, so I go on "close enough" as a principle. If someone has a physiology that fits a "close enough" definition of one sex, that's the sex they are. If they have their physiology changed to be close enough to the other sex, they've changed sex.

Phobia. I'm sick of you people lying about what a phobia is. Do you ever tell the truth? Is it a point of honour with you to lie about everything, or is it just that lying is a useful political tool in some ways?

tldr

That's the trouble with people like @hurfdurf. They are trying to subvert reality and substitute a very bizarre fiction instead. Where girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys.
thank God it's not just me who thinks he/it/they talk tripe.

Latent insecurity and over compensation from the alt right posters
You asked earlier about people being emboldened to say things online that they wouldn't say to your face.

Do you often call people incels to their face in real life, hurf? Or accuse them of being alt-right facists?

I'm just curious ;)

You needn't reply, btw. I'm familiar with the concept of trolling.

Latent insecurity and over compensation from the alt right posters

It's because you're interesting. Like someone who's chosen to tattoo a hairy penis on their forehead and then strenuously denies that it's there, even when looking in a mirror. Like calling me "alt right", for example, when I'm so left-wing that I think communism is a good idea on paper (but impossible to implement in reality). It's a bit sad, but interesting. In small doses.

I hope you're an inventive troll. Poe's Law applies so strongly to "progressives" that there's no way of telling.

Why I wonder has this thread (allegedly) on hormone therapy treatment for Caster Semenya turned into some bizarre discussion about @hurfdurf?

I resurrected the thread after a few months to break some news and offer a one liner that quite frankly is my best effort for a long time, and it's descended into this. :(

Joining a women's football team now. We'll finally get to see her tackle.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...arts-new-journey-after-joining-football-team?

Back
Top Bottom