Caster Semenya could be forced to undertake hormone therapy for future Olympics

Yu-Ting didn't appeal. Khelif did but then retracted the appeal.

Yeah I am not getting where you are trying to go with this... My question to @dowie is what the "obvious reasons" were that they either didn't appeal or later retracted the appeals as he repeatedly states in the bits I quoted.

If you have a question for me, please rephrase.

Last edited:
Not really interested in sport as really, genetic advantage is everywhere. Money comes into sport more and more too.
You can't win an Olympic medal in the big events without having some genetic advantage.

Sport can never truely be fair anyway. One of the reasons i don't pay much attention to it.

Like f1. Money Talks.. And I don't consider it a sport. Although f1 is an extreme example

As technology progresses and we understand more sport is going to be a harder and harder concept to juggle. Especially in terms of hormone levels, chromosomes gender, sex.

No easy solutions here. Only come in as I've seen quite a few articles around this. I suspect it will only get worse.

Last edited:
Yup. You'd think that would be obvious given they've failed two tests from different labs.

@Richie is that now obvious to you or are you still confused?

Given your propensity on this forum to nitpick people's posts, especially in response to yourself; I wanted you to be explicit in what you meant by "obvious reasons" as you had used this term in 4 separate posts rather than stating exactly why they didnt appeal/withdrew their appeal. By stating exactly what, to you, those obvious reasons were; it would remove the possibility of a person confusing what you were meaning by "obvious reasons".

Can we get it from the horses mouth then?

So you're just playing dumb and it's some personal issue again?

No. Before I enter the discussion on the points you have made, I wanted to know what you meant by "obvious reasons" so we can discuss in good faith and not end up in your usual circular multi-page argument about what words were used and how you didn't say this it or that i.e. a dowie-hole.

So far, instead of just answering the question, you have just responded with silly laughing reactions, deflection and ad hominem attacks (which is ironic considering you call people out for the very same thing)

It's up to you if you want to answer a very simple question directly or continue to deflect but I shall not ask again after this post so, how you respond, is upto you.

Worth noting if they had gone to CAS and presented evidence they were eligible to compete in the female category the results are always made public. Until then the original test results can’t be released officially unless the athletes themselves give their consent… and neither of those things are going to happen.

Worth noting if they had gone to CAS and presented evidence they were eligible to compete in the female category the results are always made public. Until then the original test results can’t be released officially unless the athletes themselves give their consent… and neither of those things are going to happen.

And in that vacuum of uncertainty, there is always doubt about the legitimacy of their inclusion, all the while free to compete. I don't blame the athletes, I blame the weak as category testing of the IOC.

At this point, there's no point doing weigh-ins, just identify as making a weight class. Put your weight in your passport, that's all they care about. I know I'm being facetious, but that's just how the whole situation looks in my eyes. It can't be taken seriously and is a mockery to female competition when equal footing with the male sports is the dream.

The Olympics have never been serious frankly, it's had some facade of being a just competition but it's always been corrupt. All this whining about fairness whilst anyone with means is on hormone therapy to boost their performance in between testings that make it look like they're 'clean' and they're literally just letting some countries openly get away with it now.

Last edited:
The Olympics have never been serious frankly, it's had some facade of being a just competition but it's always been corrupt. All this whining about fairness whilst anyone with means is on hormone therapy to boost their performance in between testings that make it look like they're 'clean' and they're literally just letting some countries openly get away with it now.
Almost like it is all for political gain.

Meh - only really makes a difference in "running race" type comps. The skill and technique in swimming, gymnastics, pole volt etc. is incredible to watch. They are super humans. It certainly inspired my 4 year old.

The good thing is, is that its just some people playing sports/games, so at the end of the day it really doesn't matter.
You dont play combat sports... People get hurt and people have long standing injuries and disadvantages to their life as a result of their competition.

I do wonder how "sport" can ever escape this now.

Its fantastic lgbt+ is becoming more and more accepted day to day. Sport is just one of those areas that was always going to get messy with.

I feel for those involved. But I think the progress in day to day life is worth the consequence of making sport a headache

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom