Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Caporegime
Sorry for your loss fella..some right sick idiots in this world....i remember a few yrs ago in our area the police were warning people not to let their cats out at night as some scumbags were using cats as footballs:(...a few local cats were found with their heads chopped off as well amongst other cruel stuff being done to them...thankfully my cat passed away yrs ago so we didnt have to worry about these idiots.

RIP Teddy

Soldato
I think it has to do with the image of a defenseless cat, fairly new to an area and venturing out for it's first times, being struck this way (by some imbecile) and then trying to find it's way home. Not being able to and dragging itself into a shed to die. Horrid. Nothing like that happened to a human today in the news.

Associate
I thought the same.

A cat being shot, although a despicable act, is hardly shocking. Just flick through some of todays new stories and you'll come across stuff like this:

Babysitter in Glasgow abandoned disabled girl outside

Police investigate stabbing of a teenager in front of his parents

Milly Dowler murder accused in court

just to name a few.

so because there are other terrible things going on in the world we can't feel angry about what happened to the OPs cat :confused:

Soldato
:(

I feel bad about liking shooting reading this. Even though the culprits will be yobs who've never leaned how to respect and correctly use a rifle/air rifle, it's the correct training that I'm an advocate of.

Soldato
Associate
So sorry to hear about your loss, id be devestated.

Lets hope karma takes it course the ******** *****

Id seriously be serveying the area for people with an air rifle.

alx

alx

Soldato
this is a community. if OP was linked to one of those stories then im sure everyone would be outraged too.

Exactly, and there's always something worse that's happened in the world. Doesn't mean you can't feel angry or upset about a particular story/event.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
so because there are other terrible things going on in the world we can't feel angry about what happened to the OPs cat :confused:

I think my post has been misunderstood somewhat. What I meant is that it's hardly shocking that there are people out there who would do something like shoot a cat for no reason at all. Hence why I linked those news articles to demonstrate why I'm not shocked

Associate
it IS worse. its like bullying at a top level ,like a 'strong' man beating his wife/kids

a cat is a defenseless animal and the person doing it knows for a fact that it cant harm them back. chances are theyd never dare shoot a human because theyd be too terrified of being shot back

Don't take this personally, but its viewpoints like yours that help explain the massacres that have happened over the course of time.

To ever consider an animal as being more valuable than a human, to me is a sign of mental illness.

This. To anyone who is totally dispassionate about this and is unable to form emotional bonds with animals for whatever reason, they frankly are like members of the family; much more so than the scum-bags who would go out of their way to shoot something that they must (barring significant mental impairment) know somebody probably loves and cares for could ever be to anybody else.

It is, in my eyes, a case of the cat being of more worth to society than the scum-bag could ever hope to be.

No one is trying to argue the worth of a cat, they are nice pleasant creatures that can help make a home.

However again, to consider the life of a feline over that of a human being just cheapens people as a whole.

I would happily kill 20,000 cats for one chav scum that I despise

_ST

_ST

Associate
Really sorry for your loss.

On a separate note I noticed jp_bl_68 was in here bawling his eyes out.

I'm almost in tears reading this. I'm sorry for your family's loss. I don't know what else to say.

When he quoted the text below agreeing about no problem with whaling and that it was the cute factor, well if this isn't the cute factor I don't know what is. Double standards or what LMFAO

Quote: Originally Posted by AcidHell2 View Post
But it's ok to put hooks in fish mouths and wrap them in nets for hours. Cute animal syndrome.
assuming it's the same as last time it was posted.

Quote:Originally Posted by snowdog
As above...
Where do you guys who scream ''awww poor things'' draw the line ? Are you vegetarians ?

jp_bl_68 Sums it up for me. What's so bad about whaling?

I can bet anyone that came in here saying what is so bad about the OP poor cat being shot all hell would break lose from jp_bl_68

Funny how I and others express concern over whaling and he mocks us with cheap jokes when we care for an animal, yet he clearly cares for animals himself, or is it just selected animals he cares about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Really feel for you, I would be sick to the core with rage knowing what Ted must have gone through.

Seriously report it to the Police though. The chances are that whoever shot the cat lives very close by indeed as I doubt Ted could drag himself that far. Whoever it was needs some sort of caution / big time telling off.

Actually does it not seem a bit strange that you found him in a box? Would he really have been able to get into that? Was it low down? Perhaps the neighbour you spoke to was feeling guilty or knew more than he was letting on?

RIP Ted :(

Back
Top Bottom