Cat was put down today after being shot by an air rifle

Some scrotes shot my GF's cat in the eye with an air pistol at point-blank range. It survived, but it still makes my blood boil how anyone can do things like this to a defenceless animal. I feel for your loss OP, hope you find the scumbags who did it.

I wonder how they'd like to be shot through the spine?

No. The killing is unnecessarily cruel and the cat clearly has an owner. How are you not seeing the multitude of differences between this and the act of whaling?

Because they both suffer, whether it has an owner or not makes no difference they both feel pain. Just because it has an owner and seems cruel to you might not for someone else, just like you don't with whaling. It is because you do not care for all animals that is why you clearly cannot see the difference.

Seems to me that you know you are wrong but just feel you need to get the last word, well guess what you can have the last word because I am done with you. You have made yourself look stupid in the process so it makes me happy. You come back with ridiculous remarks that quite frankly make no sense, it is all about the feeling of pain for an animal whether it has an owner or not. I am reading your posts out to friends here and I must say you are keeping us very amused so thanks. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Got to agree these people are cowardly scum!!!!

But amazed at what acts people would do to these scum, stuff the rifle where the sun don't shine, shoot him with it, give him a hiding, etc.

But in my thread Jon Venables Gets Free Guitar Lessons!!!!!

I made it known what l would do to peodo's, murders ,etc and l got jumped on big style. But its funny not one of them have come in the thread and preached " he might have come from a broken home he needs educting, help, etc"

When l asked about the victims rights, hardly aword was said if any.

Sorry folks prefure not to say what l would do to these scum, who do things like this to defenceless animals.

In case l get jumped on by these people!!!!

OOPS SORRRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST - PLEASE DELETE.

But amazed at what acts people would do to these scum, stuff the rifle where the sun don't shine, shoot him with it, give him a hiding, etc.

I made it known what l would do to peodo's, murders ,etc and l got jumped on big style. But its funny not one of them have come in the thread and preached " he might have come from a broken home he needs educting, help, etc"

Sorry folks prefure not to say what l would do to these scum, who do things like this to defenceless animals.

Because they both suffer
To the same degree? Lobster and shellfish are caught and then cooked alive. Where are the greenpeace/hippy-types protesting this?

whether it has an owner or not makes no difference
It makes a huge difference, legally speaking.

I am reading your posts out to friends here and I must say you are keeping us very amused so thanks. :D
Glad to be of service :p

I would say it makes me wonder about the mentality of some people but sadly things like this are becoming common place it seems.

I'm very sorry to hear this, RIP kitty.

I feel for your loss OP, god knows what I'd do if someone did that to my cat.

I think child offenders get their just desserts in prison...

Out of interest, does anyone know what the likely sentence would be if the perpetrator was convicted in a court of law?

Given that it was the use of a 'firearm' in a public place, potentially it could be up to five years and a large fine, but it's unlikely. If it was an under-age kid ie, under 18 to be unsupervised/in possession of firearm, then most likely a fine and a ban from owning firearms. If it was on private land without permission then it'd be armed trespass, which is a little more serious. But in most cases the punishment is not executed to its fullest extent.

Very sad day for our family today.

We only got our cat Teddy from the CPL about 5 weeks ago, and only started letting him outside 2 weeks ago. Last Thursday he went out and didn't come back. My mum went out to hand out leaflets in our local area today and bumped into a neighbour, who said they'd seen a cat matching his description limping under their hedge late last week.
By a process of elimination and assuming he was trying to make it back to our house, she finally found him lying in a box in another neighbour's shed and immediately took him to the vets.
At first it looked like he'd been hit by a car, but the vet found that he'd been shot by an air rifle, and the pellet had passed through his spine, paralysing his back legs. There was nothing they could do for him except put him to sleep.

I can't begin to fathom how anyone could do something like this, he was wearing a collar with a bell, so obviously belonged to someone.
With his back legs paralysed he must have had to drag himself into our neighbour's shed, which just breaks my heart.
He was five years old, and wouldn't hurt a fly.

R.I.P. Ted, you didn't deserve to go out like you did.

HaMMus let me start by giving you a huge internet hug. Sadly this is not news to me as there are many twisted individuals out their walking the streets, that would think of a much loved member of the family as a empty crisp packet, sad but true. This is one of many reasons why I have house cats. I genuinely find this thread upsetting, on a positive note HaMMus no one can hurt the little fella now.

Are you on Lawrence St by any chance? I saw some posters for a missing cat up that way.

My condolences, anyway. Poor thing :(
I always worry about our cats because we have some proper little scrotes living next door who would most probably do something like this given the chance.

Sorry to hear that, must be heartbreaking.

That's just not on. I'd be tempted to get it in the local rag and someone might know the kids (presumably) that decided that would be a good idea. Might save someone elses cat from a similar fate.
Good advise from alexhull24, something to think about HaMMus.

Back
Top Bottom