champions league final tickets 2011

Associate
It will be interesting to see whether they manage to sell all the tickets this year. Any touts buying the tickets are gambling on their being an English finalist. Without an English side in the final, I doubt they'd even be able to get their money back on the tickets let alone make a profit.
I thought tickets being tied to personal identification would edge out most of the touts and scalpers?

If an English side makes the final though, they'll be selling the tickets on for anything up to £1,000 I'd imagine. I remember back in 2007 when Liverpool got to the final in Athens, tickets were going for £800 a go and that's with all the added cost of traveling to Athens.
Ah yes - I remember it well, Chinese Year of the Fluke. ;)

Don
I thought tickets being tied to personal identification would edge out most of the touts and scalpers?

They have been for years. Back in 2005 tickets were tied to peoples personal ID and electronically scanned. Your ticket could also be used as your visa to get into Turkey too and I know of people that not only got into the stadium with 'somebody elses' ticket but used it as their visa too.

Until these ticket scanners can determine if the person in possession of the ticket is the person that purchased the ticket, it means **** all.

Ah yes - I remember it well, Chinese Year of the Fluke. ;)

True, Milan's first goal came from a dive to win a free-kick and then a huge deflection from the resulting free-kick.

Soldato
OP
do you really think they will ID 90,000 fans, also what if you had lost your wallet, the night before the game or a million other reasons you could come up with as to why you dont have ID.

do you really think they would stop someone from going in who had a ticket but no ID?

well I'm not really sure but if they did decide to step this up this year
who knows?

It is UEFA and the final is in England I would always expect the worse but if someone did offer me 2k for both tickets I'd be tempted to sell
for sure!

Soldato
Dont know if it was mentioned but anyone watch Sunday supplement the other day they made a good point.

They are all up for "Financial fair play" but they aim to sell as many corporate seats as possible and sell the tickets are a stupidly high price.

Families can't afford that really its far to much :(

Associate
I am looking for two tickets for the final as although i've got season tickets for United I won't qualify.

What would be the best way of getting hold of some?

If anyone is selling please let me know.

Soldato
OP
I am looking for two tickets for the final as although i've got season tickets for United I won't qualify.

What would be the best way of getting hold of some?

If anyone is selling please let me know.

very hard to find imo

damnit so gutted!
hate uefa wish I could throw eggs at them right now

Soldato
Is it still possible to buy tickets as a Man Utd fan? If not how could they have possibly sold out before even knowing who's in the final?

Don
Is it still possible to buy tickets as a Man Utd fan? If not how could they have possibly sold out before even knowing who's in the final?

I assume Utd will have some sort of priority system where by you're going to have to be a season ticket holder and have been to x amount of CL games for you to buy a ticket from the club, when they go on sale.

Beyond that, you'll have to remortgage your home and buy one from a tout.

Caporegime
I assume Utd will have some sort of priority system where by you're going to have to be a season ticket holder and have been to x amount of CL games for you to buy a ticket from the club, when they go on sale.

Beyond that, you'll have to remortgage your home and buy one from a tout.

Man Utd have 55,000 season ticket holders, with 25,000 tickets available. So less than 50% of those will get tickets. I failed at the lottery and even though im not a season ticket holder I do go to several games a season when I can. It's a 4 hour drive for me each way which I would call more dedication than someone who walks down the street to the game but has a season ticket. If I can get a ticket for <£500 I will buy it but anything over that and it will be a beer and pork scratchings.

The system is crap tbh. People should be able to purchase tickets for the final as soon as the champions league starts for that year. At least then it give more people a chance than the massive OMG MaNUtD in da final. Need ticket rubbish.

Back
Top Bottom