Chances of UKIP winning General Election?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is inciting hatred against people based on their religious beliefs tolerated so much on here? That is an honest question.

If you think someone is inciting hatred against people because of their religious beliefs, feel free to RTM them and I am sure the moderators will act in a similar way.

However just because someone doesn't agree with your religious beliefs doesn't mean they are inciting hatred against them.

Why is inciting hatred against people based on their religious beliefs tolerated so much on here?

This "inciting" phrase that gets bandied about is such a lot of liberal idiot nonsense. It is just another Liberal ploy used to arrest people who think differently from them.

People have opinions on a topic, they are generally that person's personal opinion based on their reaction to a previous post. They may be valid, they may be BS, nobody cares.

The idea that they would wish anyone to not only share that opinion but worse, to go out and act on it in an aggressive manner is just utterly insane beyond words.

Now I don't like Scientologists, I wish all the insane weirdos would just drop dead and their bodies dumped into a volcano on Teegeeack.

Now while that sounds like I'm inciting all you easily led sheeple into doing my homicidal bidding, I don't actually want any of you to drop anyone into a volcano.
I am simply expressing my contempt at yet another BS religion that is alien to the UK :)

I hope UKIP\Cons sort our schools out and stop these religious nut jobs from trying to force Islam on the children.

No school should teach religion.

Tell that to all the C of E schools up and down the country. If you closed all faith based (and therefore faith funded) schools tomorrow you wouldn't be able to teach the next generation of students. Not even close.

Now I don't like Scientologists, I wish all the insane weirdos would just drop dead and their bodies dumped into a volcano on Teegeeack.

Now while that sounds like I'm inciting all you easily led sheeple into doing my homicidal bidding, I don't actually want any of you to drop anyone into a volcano.
I am simply expressing my contempt at yet another BS religion that is alien to the UK :)

Heh! Now, I want you to know. Don't hold back. Let the force flow freely.

Last edited:
Tell that to all the C of E schools up and down the country. If you closed all faith based (and therefore faith funded) schools tomorrow you wouldn't be able to teach the next generation of students. Not even close.

Who said anything about closing down schools? oh that's right you ;)
Just don't teach religion job done. Let the person chose when they are older.

I totally disagree. Schools shouldn't teach children to be religious, but they should teach children about religion and the various prominent world faiths. If you don't understand them and their histories, then the world makes a lot less sense.

Religion is an important part of world history, and although its role is considerably diminished in Western society, religion still shapes world events. Maybe scrap Religious Studies (a joke subject that almost nobody pays attention to) and roll it in to History and Current Affairs (which could replace Religious Studies in the curriculum)? That way, students will learn about religion in the context of events that have happened/are happening. I guess remaining impartial is the challenge there though, especially when more pious parents are likely to have interesting definitions of impartiality...

Last edited:
I think teaching Christianity as history is missing the point of religion.

As for teaching the history of most other religions, what is the point?
They are about as relevant to the UK as netball is to the Inuit.

If they taught Islam as a current social problem then that would be helpful, but they won't, Ofsted is still living in Magic Pony Land. Pretending Islam is anything other than Christianity's idiot brother is pointless.

If they taught Islam as a current social problem then that would be helpful, but they won't, Ofsted is still living in Magic Pony Land. Pretending Islam is anything other than Christianity's idiot brother is pointless.

So there is no point teaching about the Christian led Crusades across the world to thwart the perceived threat of foreign religions? That is a massive part of our history and heavily involves Islam and other religions.

This "inciting" phrase that gets bandied about is such a lot of liberal idiot nonsense. It is just another Liberal ploy used to arrest people who think differently from them.

People have opinions on a topic, they are generally that person's personal opinion based on their reaction to a previous post. They may be valid, they may be BS, nobody cares.

The idea that they would wish anyone to not only share that opinion but worse, to go out and act on it in an aggressive manner is just utterly insane beyond words.

I don't really have too much of an issue with people disagreeing with any religion. I am a Catholic and if someone thinks Catholicism is rubbish then they are entitled to hold that opinion. What does happen far too often on here is that people are insulted for being religious. Comments along the line of "people of religion X are horrible" are thrown around far too often.

There are things posted about people based on their religion that would not be tolerated if the same things were said about people based on their sexual preferences. If one is going to get all self righteous (not directed at you) about people saying bad things about "homosexuals" then it is absurd to not apply the same standards to others.

I don't really have too much of an issue with people disagreeing with any religion. I am a Catholic and if someone thinks Catholicism is rubbish then they are entitled to hold that opinion. What does happen far too often on here is that people are insulted for being religious. Comments along the line of "people of religion X are horrible" are thrown around far too often.

There are things posted about people based on their religion that would not be tolerated if the same things were said about people based on their sexual preferences. If one is going to get all self righteous (not directed at you) about people saying bad things about "homosexuals" then it is absurd to not apply the same standards to others.

Problem is, you're a Catholic. You're evidently too stupid to realise that religion is all a lie and therefore your opinion doesn't count. Also, paedo.

:rolleyes::p

It is quite funny how much the 'enlightened' atheists have in common with religious zealots really, isn't it? Intolerance, division along religious lines and an overarching sense of superiority; these are the traits of the religious zealot, but also the traits of the atheist internet warrior.

Last edited:
Problem is, you're a Catholic. You're evidently too stupid to realise that religion is all a lie and therefore your opinion doesn't count. Also, pedo.

:rolleyes::p

It is quite funny how much the 'enlightened' atheists have in common with religious zealots really, isn't it? Intolerance, division along religious lines and an overarching sense of superiority; these are the traits of the religious zealot, but also the traits of the atheist internet warrior.

Paedo please, we are not Americans.

Its idiot statements and views like that that make it essential that religion as a topic is taught in schools to hopefully help the kids see it for the trouble causing nonsense it is and with any luck turn away, or at least come at it with a balanced view.. not one that their imaginary friend is better than someone elses even ignoring the fact we're fighting a couple of loosely based religious wars and people are being killed all over the world based on religious ideology (and no, not just Islam).

Islam is no more a problem than christianity or judaism, they're all pretty fighty if you find the extremists, they're all perpetuating global conflicts, they're all just as unwilling to accommodate others based on their firm belief that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

To be honest you couldn't teach modern history without including the conflict between the 3 main abrahamic religions, all of which are just as bad and mad as each other.

Just don't teach religion job done. Let the person chose when they are older.

Problem is that this countries school system was built by the church not the state, most newer schools have been state funded but a large amount maybe even the majority are still part funded by the church. If you tell them they can't teach religion any more they will simply withdraw funding and then the education system will collapse.

Problem is that this countries school system was built by the church not the state, most newer schools have been state funded but a large amount maybe even the majority are still part funded by the church. If you tell them they can't teach religion any more they will simply withdraw funding and then the education system will collapse.

That's incorrect. The vast majority of state religious schools are fully funded by the state. The church may own the land, or even have built the school, but continued funding comes entirely from the state.

My personal opinion is that the state should not be funding schools that discriminate on anything other than proximity, ability or special needs.

That's incorrect. The vast majority of state religious schools are fully funded by the state.

Nope, they are part funded by the state but most of the funding comes from one of the local diocese, I.E in 2000 my school had a new tower block built that was paid for in full by the diocese of Wrexham because the government wouldn't fund it (they reckoned the portable classrooms they supplies in the 1980's which had all rotted were still good enough).

That's incorrect. The vast majority of state religious schools are fully funded by the state. The church may own the land, or even have built the school, but continued funding comes entirely from the state.

My personal opinion is that the state should not be funding schools that discriminate on anything other than proximity, ability or special needs.

I dunno, my school was state and religious, and we most certainly relied on money from the Diocese.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom