Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
What problem are you trying to solve here?

A few things spring to mind... Minimise the number of people whose only contribution to the forum is to buy cheap hardware they spot, reduce risk of old inactive accounts being used for scamming because the account holds no real value for the owner anymore, encourage a bit more activity across the forums

Associate
A few things spring to mind...

Minimise the number of people whose only contribution to the forum is to buy cheap hardware they spot, Nothing wrong with that, no different to people posting items they find/buy on eBay

reduce risk of old inactive accounts being used for scamming because the account holds no real value for the owner anymore, This seems like something that could be a valid concern

encourage a bit more activity across the forums It'll only encourage spamming of messages just to meet the arbitary number of messages they now must post. Those who are active will remain active, those who aren't will do/spam the bare minimum

Caporegime
Nothing wrong with that, no different to people posting items they find/buy on eBay

But why should people who no longer actively contribute to the community very much continue to receive community benefits?

Just logging in weekly to hoover up some cheap hardware having barely posted in the forums for the last 5 years is just leeching really and I suspect is one of the behaviours the mod team are looking to cut down on.

Soldato
We should also judge the quality of those new posts.

I volunteer my services as both a quality checker and swinger (of the ban hammer).

thank you please.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Its quite literally one post a week to maintain access, if across the entire forum covering all aspects of computers, hardware, software, hobbies, travel, motors, food, tv, music, sport etc etc you cant manage a single post a week then.... I dont know what to suggest really.

I think ive probably made 15 posts in the warhammer thread alone in the last 3 days...

Soldato
Its quite literally one post a week to maintain access, if across the entire forum covering all aspects of computers, hardware, software, hobbies, travel, motors, food, tv, music, sport etc etc you cant manage a single post a week then.... I dont know what to suggest really.

I think ive probably made 15 posts in the warhammer thread alone in the last 3 days...
Honestly this. It's not a lot I go through phases of posting more and then going offline for a bit and tbh my most used area is GD so my postcount isn't an accurate reflection but it's not hard to engage with people.
e; then again thinking about it, I can't remember the last time I used the MM, it's going to be years ago, but it's nice to have as a frequent poster

Last edited:
Associate
I don't understand what happens if you have a sale thread active then lose access because you might be one post short in a 90 day period, the whole thing is a complete joke really isn't it?

If you can't check how far off you are in a 90 day period how are you to know if you will lose access with an active sale post in the forum?

The whole rule change is a bit of a joke is it not?

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't understand what happens if you have a sale thread active then lose access because you might be one post short in a 90 day period, the whole thing is a complete joke really isn't it?

If you can't check how far off you are in a 90 day period how are you to know if you will lose access with an active sale post in the forum?

The whole rule change is a bit of a joke is it not?
Post twice a week instead of once a week and you'll never even need to think about it.

Associate
Post twice a week instead of once a week and you'll never even need to think about it.

But not everyone may be able to do that? Having some active removal of people from this forum puts a lot of questions around active for sale threads, it's a valid concern that wouldn't be an issue if you got access at a certain post count, now you have to be active every 90 days.

It's such a silly rule that's going to catch people out albeit maybe small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom