Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I unfortunately do far more reacting than posting these days :(

I blame Facebook and other social media platforms for this. Far easier to react than post a comment, particularly if you are just browsing briefly.

A few things spring to mind... Minimise the number of people whose only contribution to the forum is to buy cheap hardware they spot, reduce risk of old inactive accounts being used for scamming because the account holds no real value for the owner anymore, encourage a bit more activity across the forums

The cynic in me says they'd like MM to die off and not have the responsibility of it if and when things go wrong (Not that I've personally ever had an issue, bought a few things, don't remember selling anything). I could be wrong, but just a guess

Last edited:
Associate
The cynic in me says they'd like MM to die off and not have the responsibility of it if and when things go wrong (Not that I've personally ever had an issue, bought a few things, don't remember selling anything)
This is exactly what I am thinking, give it another year and we will see an even tighter rule change. I mean they have already cut out a large portion of people that can use it already.

Caporegime
But not everyone may be able to do that? Having some active removal of people from this forum puts a lot of questions around active for sale threads, it's a valid concern that wouldn't be an issue if you got access at a certain post count, now you have to be active every 90 days.

It's such a silly rule that's going to catch people out albeit maybe small.
I think you're over thinking it a bit.

If you're that worried about having a thread open and losing access, post a few extra times - if you've got time to be on the forums advertising your stuff and doing deals, you've got enough time to make a couple of posts around the forum.

If you do lose access with a thread open, then buyers will see the red marker on your post and know that you won't be able to continue posting in the thread for the time being. Then you make a handful of posts somewhere and your access is back and everything carries on. Don't really see the drama.

Soldato
Looks like I’ve fallen foul of this change, which is fine and I accept. What happens to existing for sale posts? I posted one yesterday but can now no longer see any updates. Does the post get removed along with my access?

Caporegime
The cynic in me says they'd like MM to die off and not have the responsibility of it if and when things go wrong (Not that I've personally ever had an issue, bought a few things, don't remember selling anything). I could be wrong, but just a guess
Doubt it, if they didn't want it, they'd just close it.

Associate
Looks like I’ve fallen foul of this change, which is fine and I accept. What happens to existing for sale posts? I posted one yesterday but can now no longer see any updates. Does the post get removed along with my access?

It's happened already, lol rule change is so stupid and unnecessary

Man of Honour
I can still see a post in the MM from you from Saturday. It's still open to reply to.

Last edited:
Associate
I can still see a post in the MM from you from Saturday. It's still open to reply to.
Well it will be but he won't be able to get to his own thread
Whoever thought this rule up must have been on drugs lol

And to top it off that the poor guy won't know how many posts he needs to make in other forums to get back into his own for sale thread

Absolutely stupid

Last edited:
Soldato
Like most others, i don't actually see what this changes? I come on for the yearly secret santa and i hop on if my pc needs a replacement or an upgrade and sometimes i just browse. I don't often reply to things though so now i've got to go spam a message in every subforum once every 3 months :(

Caporegime

And to top it off that the poor guy won't know how many posts he needs to make in other forums to get back into his own for sale thread

Absolutely stupid
If he's finished primary school, it shouldn't take long for him to figure out how many posts he's short.

Soldato

Absolutely stupid

Thanks for confirming. It’s not the end of the world bit it could have caused issues if someone had replied and wasn’t aware of the changes.

I know a justification isn’t needed but I still view the forums always daily. There are forums and threads that take my interest but I don’t have the time to post as I once did due to work, kids etc.

Soldato
But not everyone may be able to do that? Having some active removal of people from this forum puts a lot of questions around active for sale threads, it's a valid concern that wouldn't be an issue if you got access at a certain post count, now you have to be active every 90 days.

It's such a silly rule that's going to catch people out albeit maybe small.

Set a weekly reminder.

Use eBay/Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom