Change to MM access after 1st January 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason anyone needs to "count to 15 and look at a calendar" is because the incredibly stupid rule change.

No one should need to do anything like that once they have opened a for sale thread or wants to sell something to a member of the forum in the first place, either you have access as you hit the rules or you dont, don't take that away from people just because certain people with an ego trip think they have not contributed enough over the years

But of course.no point in arguing the point, you are adamant that this is a great change, no worries, time will tell

The amount of people that can use the for sale forum has already be splashed over the years
It's amazing how upset you are by a change that pretty much only affects people that are still here for the sole purpose of leeching off the market whilst doing their level best not to put any effort into contributing to the community at all.

For any regular community member the required post rate is so low as to be a total non issue. If you're worried about whether you've got 14 or 16 posts in the last three months, it's a 30 second task to check the count, or better yet, just contribute to something on the forum.

It improves security against scams from either compromised old accounts or just members that consider their old account throwaway and the admins have added little colour markers to easily see if someone currently has valid access, as well as encourages more community engagement.

"either you have access as you hit the rules or you dont"

This is still the case - if you meet the criteria you have access, if you don't, you don't. Extremely simple.

Your entire argument seems to boil down to being worried you can't count to 15 and you might post a thread and then lose access because of it, it's such a weak complaint it's laughable really.

The principle of this seems fair but the lack of warning is ridiculous - your post states that you would warn people but you haven’t?

I’m literally on the verge of confirming a transaction in the MM, am I meant to now randomly spam 15 messages just to get access back fast enough to be able to continue a conversation I was already halfway through? It’s silly

Doing something like this without warning is, frankly, ridiculous… did you forget that people might be midway through a transaction?
Lol. Just lol.

Mins of spam posting 15 posts you mean? What meaningful posts are you going to post on "minutes"
Maybe they should be meaningful posts in certain forums. I'm sure folk kick off at that. It's just making sure folk post to use MM maybe me but don't see an issue. A few mins of bs posting to gain MM access seems more than fair imo

Let's just roll over and let more rules come into play for the MM, what a complete joke of a community. Someone here has a issue with peoples posts in this forum that they have decided to take the MM away from a load of people for the single purpose of an ego trip, it does not "help security" in any way. Most people are going to spam post to get access back, and then you have people that have spent YEARS and YEARS here that may not post that much anymore that will one day want to rock up and possibly buy or sell something and find it's gone.

As I said before something stinks far more then the reasons this is being done for and know doubt we will find out in the future.

Who cares anyway, I have used it once in my life but I thought I would be some kind of vocal point for others that may also see my point of view.

Let's just roll over and let more rules come into play for the MM, what a complete joke of a community. Someone here has a issue with peoples posts in this forum that they have decided to take the MM away from a load of people for the single purpose of an ego trip, it does not "help security" in any way. Most people are going to spam post to get access back, and then you have people that have spent YEARS and YEARS here that may not post that much anymore that will one day want to rock up and possibly buy or sell something and find it's gone.

As I said before something stinks far more then the reasons this is being done for and know doubt we will find out in the future.

Who cares anyway, I have used it once in my life but I thought I would be some kind of vocal point for others that may also see my point of view.
:cry:

It's amazing how upset you are by a change that pretty much only affects people that are still here for the sole purpose of leeching off the market whilst doing their level best not to put any effort into contributing to the community at all.

For any regular community member the required post rate is so low as to be a total non issue. If you're worried about whether you've got 14 or 16 posts in the last three months, it's a 30 second task to check the count, or better yet, just contribute to something on the forum.

It improves security against scams from either compromised old accounts or just members that consider their old account throwaway and the admins have added little colour markers to easily see if someone currently has valid access, as well as encourages more community engagement.

"either you have access as you hit the rules or you dont"

This is still the case - if you meet the criteria you have access, if you don't, you don't. Extremely simple.

Your entire argument seems to boil down to being worried you can't count to 15 and you might post a thread and then lose access because of it, it's such a weak complaint it's laughable really.
This is the bit I don't get: are you saying that people that are selling stuff on MM are somehow, I don't know, running a business or something, and should be punished? You use the word "leeching" which is an extremely derogatory term. This says a lot about the thinking behind this decision. In reality, the people that *buy* the stuff on MM are benefitting just as much as the sellers, so 100% the community is benefitting from this! People in MM aren't selling garden hoses, are they? They're buying and selling nerdy stuff, for nerds! This is good! It's also *great* for the environment (recycling rather than binning). And finally, you're keeping money out of ebay's pockets -- how is that a bad thing!?

I think what I'm so riled up about is that nobody has yet explained why this change is needed. "It automatically enforces a rule that has existed for ages" -- well maybe it's a bad rule!?

And by the way, before I get the derogatory replies, this affects me in the tiniest of ways (I've sold maybe 4-5 things over 10 years, netting maybe £200). I'm upset at the personal level, as I feel like I'm being kicked out of a community that I have been in for a long time and feel personally connected to.

In my opinion you are alienating some of your most long-running and loyal members with this rule enforcement, and nothing good will come of it!

This is the bit I don't get: are you saying that people that are selling stuff on MM are somehow, I don't know, running a business or something, and should be punished? You use the word "leeching" which is an extremely derogatory term. This says a lot about the thinking behind this decision. In reality, the people that *buy* the stuff on MM are benefitting just as much as the sellers, so 100% the community is benefitting from this! People in MM aren't selling garden hoses, are they? They're buying and selling nerdy stuff, for nerds! This is good! It's also *great* for the environment (recycling rather than binning). And finally, you're keeping money out of ebay's pockets -- how is that a bad thing!?

I think what I'm so riled up about is that nobody has yet explained why this change is needed. "It automatically enforces a rule that has existed for ages" -- well maybe it's a bad rule!?

And by the way, before I get the derogatory replies, this affects me in the tiniest of ways (I've sold maybe 4-5 things over 10 years, netting maybe £200). I'm upset at the personal level, as I feel like I'm being kicked out of a community that I have been in for a long time and feel personally connected to.

In my opinion you are alienating some of your most long-running and loyal members with this rule enforcement, and nothing good will come of it!
You don't post so no one cares

It's a sad reflection on the members market focused users if the only contribution they can now conjure up once a week is nothing more than spam.
Well rather than bring out the hammer on everyone that doesn't apparently particpate in the wider forums regularly, the hammer should just come down on those that are clearly here for the MM only.
I only post when I have relevant advice to offer or the question I want answering cant be found via the search function, which I am now being seemingly being sanctioned for, GD spam aint my thing and I dont come here everyday.

It's literally policy to use the search function for info which I do, however it seems there's little point now and I may as well just post a thread even if its been answered 100 times before.

Last edited:
Reactions: beh
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom