charles and camilla attacked

DM

DM

Permabanned
nikolii comes across as ill informed as most of the people I have heard who are upset with the raise in tutiton fee's.

The downside you have to pay more for you education, lets remember its upto 9k and only some uni's will be able to charge that.

Plus side you pay less each month, will be earning 6k more a year before payments are paid back.

It will weed out the amount of people who go with no real idea of what they want to do an just drift through.

Imagine if it was free, how many people would use it as an excuse to do nothing! Shouldn't need to foot the bill for them.

9K is high but think long term.

There we go the voice of reason, thank you.

Soldato
Tbh, this country needs to riot about something more important, like the wars that we are involved in and the budget cuts and deficit we are in.

Not education, especially higher education.

I love how people believe they have rights, especially human rights.

People have lost the concept of why people attend University, especially 20-30 years ago.

Now everyone wants to go University because Labour have socially engineered these retards to think THEY NEED to go.

Soldato
You might have a point lixxus, but if we don't do the budget cuts then we won't ever cut the deficit. We can't keep spending when there is simply no money to spend, cust have to be made, and dramatic ones at that.

Associate
Do you know how the changes will effect you?

Yes- I won't be going to uni at all! Unfortunatly, we are in that zone between being able to afford it and being too poor and getting state support. I hope that the situation has changes somewhat when I am old enough to go to uni but somehow I think not. There is simply no way I am going to get myself into 10s of 1000s pounds worth of debt- even if they do say it will earn itself, which I am beginning to doubt these days.

I'm not sure who I am more angry with at the moment, the government or these violent and vandalous protesters.

Soldato
Zero debt but unlimited liability. Work that out, any sensible person would definitely not subject themselves to an unlimited liability if they had a choice and that in itself would mean that prospective students from poorer backgrounds will balk at the thought of entering university as they would be liable for extra taxes for the rest of their lives.

The level of debt is immaterial as it is wiped off after 30 years anyway and it is charged at 9% of your income over the threshold. What you are suggesting is that they pay that 9% forever with no top end to the amount they pay.

Good god, how dumb have you got to be not to get this.

Getting back to your "people who don't share my view are ignorant and stupid" argument I see!

"zero debt and unlimited liability"? Forgive my ignorance and explain that one to me please.

Will the debt not rack up pretty quickly for people not paying it back, since the interest is 3% above base rate isn't it? Whilst graduates may not have to pay back the money whilst their wage is less than 27k, the interest on their hefty debt continues to accumulate. It matters little if the debt would be struck off after 30 years if you happen to fall in the pay bracket where you take 25 years to pay off a snowballing debt.

The average wage of graduates exceeds that of those who didn't go to university. Graduates will tend to pay back more in tax to fund their education anyhow, and putting graduates into debt at the start of their careers further exacerbates the difficulty getting onto the property ladder and starting a family. I would have rather they just increased funding for universities from the tax pot and abandom the ridiculous arbitrary expansion of higher education places.

Associate
Tbh, this country needs to riot about something more important, like the wars that we are involved in and the budget cuts and deficit we are in.

Not education, especially higher education.

I love how people believe they have rights, especially human rights.

People have lost the concept of why people attend University, especially 20-30 years ago.

Now everyone wants to go University because Labour have socially engineered these retards to think THEY NEED to go.

I totally disagree with this idea of needing to go- I value knowledge rather than being able to vomit up words in the order you have been told, and then being completely lost as soon as you have to do something other than what you have been taught. Unfortunately, most employers for higher jobs expect you to have a degree and I can't help but think I will be at a disadvantage no matter how much I actually know.

Soldato
Did anyone see the interview on BBC News at 6 with Charlie Gilmore.

A reporter had cornered him yesterday when he was smashing up Oxford Street and was even tooled up to do it. What a disgrace, he intended to cause as much trouble as possible. He also looked and sounded like he was on drugs.

I suppose the good thing is that who in their right mind is going to employ him now that his moment of idiocy is spread across the media.

Soldato
Getting back to your "people who don't share my view are ignorant and stupid" argument I see!

"zero debt and unlimited liability"? Forgive my ignorance and explain that one to me please.

Will the debt not rack up pretty quickly for people not paying it back, since the interest is 3% above base rate isn't it? Whilst graduates may not have to pay back the money whilst their wage is less than 27k, the interest on their hefty debt continues to accumulate. It matters little if the debt would be struck off after 30 years if you happen to fall in the pay bracket where you take 25 years to pay off a snowballing debt.

The average wage of graduates exceeds that of those who didn't go to university. Graduates will tend to pay back more in tax to fund their education anyhow, and putting graduates into debt at the start of their careers further exacerbates the difficulty getting onto the property ladder and starting a family. I would have rather they just increased funding for universities from the tax pot and abandom the ridiculous arbitrary expansion of higher education places.

Don't know where you got 3% from, my impression was that it wasn't changing from what it is now, which is either RPI or a collective bank base rate + 1% (source).

And if you want things in education I'd rather spend the money on, how about the 20% of 11-year-olds who have substandard literacy? Higher education can wait until we've fixed that, as far as I'm concerned.

Man of Honour
steve-h said:
Maybe he doesn't agree with governments sending hundreds of thousands of people to war, spending trillions on said war... and then saying "lol well we can't afford to pay for this uni thing anymore, teeheee!"

Or maybe he hasn't picked up a history book in his life and understood or stopped to think for one single second that in excess of a million British and Commonwealth troops died in both World Wars fighting for the very freedom he is taking to excess.

He is taking a metaphoric **** on the graves of every single one of them and that picture truly makes me sick to the core.

Shame on him and every knuckle dragger that wrecked peaceful protest for genuine and non violent protesters.

Associate
considering the Americans even disagree how conservatives are going about things and are not to happy to be fair.
thanks to wikileaks for sharing this.

Man of Honour
considering the Americans even disagree how conservatives are going about things and are not to happy to be fair.
thanks to wikileaks for sharing this.

Given the train wreck that is the US economy and how despised they are due a shockingly bad foreign policy, I confidently say that they can shove their grumblings sideways up their arse.

Man of Honour

A graduate tax is like the current setup, but with unlimited liability depending on earnings...

No, I suggest you go back and read the proposals again, because you clearly haven't understood them. The interest rate, if you aren't paying it back, is 0. The rate then increases to a maximum of RPI+3% when you are earning more than £41k a year, from zero at the £21k point.

There aren't any studies that show what the average graduate earns since the massive expansion of higher education...

Associate
by saying yhea we should be there don't pull out that's silly we wouldn't save millions doing so. and voting for people who do nothing about it.

Back
Top Bottom