charles and camilla attacked

Soldato
I don't agree with the rises. I understand Fox's point - but it just feels like the students are getting walloped a huge amount to fill a hole in the defecit. I would have supported a 50% rise, maybe even a 75% one. But tripling it is taking the mick a bit.

After all, even though it's not a conventional debt, it is still a debt and as soon as you hit that threshold you're paying it until you either dip below or it's paid off.

Man of Honour
The Crown Estate does not belong to the Royal Family, the Monarch has no claim to the Crown Estate Profits. So many people are fooled into thinking this.

Only if you ignore the historical precedent that created the civil list and pretend the attempts by various governments to annex the crown from their property are legitimate ;)

Man of Honour
I don't agree with the rises. I understand Fox's point - but it just feels like the students are getting walloped a huge amount to fill a hole in the defecit. I would have supported a 50% rise, maybe even a 75% one. But tripling it is taking the mick a bit.

After all, even though it's not a conventional debt, it is still a debt and as soon as you hit that threshold you're paying it until you either dip below or it's paid off.

It could be worse, it could be a graduate tax which you remain liable for no matter how much you've paid off...

Permabanned
The Crown Estate does not belong to the Royal Family, the Monarch has no claim to the Crown Estate Profits. So many people are fooled into thinking this.

Only in return for the civil list. Stop the civil list and you break the agreement and the crown estate revenues revert back to the reigning monarch who does in fact "own" them.( Reigning Monarch being different from simply the Queen as an individual)

In 1760, George III reached an agreement with the Government over the estate. The Crown Lands would be managed on behalf of the Government and the surplus revenue would go to the Treasury. In return the King would receive a fixed annual payment – what we call today the Civil List.

http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/tce_faqs.htm

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Maybe he doesn't agree with governments sending hundreds of thousands of people to war, spending trillions on said war... and then saying "lol well we can't afford to pay for this uni thing anymore, teeheee!"

My goodness i'd like to punch you so much right now.

you do realise that the Cenotaph is a monument to the brave soldiers who defended freedom from the German Empire and the Nazi Reich? they were wars which absolutely incontrovertibly cannot be considered frivolous in any way.

those men and women weren't "forced" to go to war, they WANTED to help defend their country.

your ignorance and arrogance sickens and astounds me.

Last edited:
Soldato
"errr the peasants are revolting!"

Hmm I think there are boundaries and the student demonstrations are starting to move over those boundaries.

Man of Honour
That picture of someone peeing on the statue of Churchill is horrificly disrespectful :mad:

Understandable though that they dont recognise the significance of the statue. Many of them are so utterly thick that they believe Churchill is a dog from an advert.

That and a statue doesnt hit back of course, Churchill wasnt exactly known for having a calm temperament. Had someone tried to urinate on him in person he probably would have had them sent to the tower for 30 years :)

Back
Top Bottom