• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Associate
Which 4090 do you have ?

ASUS TUF non OC

Removing the tape shouldnt be an issue as far as warrenty is concerned, if the cables do indicate the version / manufacturer / batch of the adapter, and you have one of the known bad ones, the burden of proof lies with the manufacturer to show that your action caused a defect within the first 12 months - as it's (potentially) a known bad connector iof you find the 150V wires - then you've not caused the defect.

Soldato
ASUS TUF non OC

Removing the tape shouldnt be an issue as far as warrenty is concerned, if the cables do indicate the version / manufacturer / batch of the adapter, and you have one of the known bad ones, the burden of proof lies with the manufacturer to show that your action caused a defect within the first 12 months - as it's (potentially) a known bad connector iof you find the 150V wires - then you've not caused the defect.

See now the thing is ASUS TUF is one of the cards burning up their connectors .. so nothing to do with these 150v-300v cables in the adapter then..

I think there is more going on with this mess than just the adaptor and a combination of different things causing these failures.. Time will tell...

Associate
See now the thing is ASUS TUF is one of the cards burning up their connectors .. so nothing to do with these 150v-300v cables in the adapter then..

I think there is more going on with this mess than just the adaptor and a combination of different things causing these failures.. Time will tell...

As it's a fairly recent discovery that there are (at least) two types of adapters, we'll have to wait and see if people with the burned adapters can let us know if they were using the 300V or 150V wires. I dont think its down to the wires either, but the type of wire used may be the best way to tell what version of the plug you have. As there seems to be one that is more fragile than the other.

Then again, Pauls hardware on YouTube has the 300V cables, with the weaker soldering method so it's still a roll of the dice. I need the card for work, and sold my old one so not much I can do.

Last edited:
Caporegime
that exposed wire isn;'t going to melt anything, maybe there's cables where 2 wires are shorted together though from cuts on both the wires insulation

Last edited:
Caporegime
It still shows a real lack of quality control does it not? These are the cables nvidia are reccomending and they're being made to pathetic standards.
well I'm guessing they were assembled by kids in china or malaysia so totally normal standards when yor pay 5pence per connector

Last edited:
Associate
unknown.png

I cant help but post this meme as its too good

Permabanned
Doesn't even look like me

why would someone who registered on here over a decade ago have a reddit account from 22
People get banned on there for anything.. even being a bit of a non crowd follower with a dissenting opinion.
It does seem like you thought, 12vPWR mentions, English football talk, you being an idiot on there... adds up ;)

By the way I am not mad anymore, I may seem like the devil with a pitchfork sometimes but it evaporates.

Caporegime
People get banned on there for anything.. even being a bit of a non crowd follower with a dissenting opinion.
It does seem like you thought, 12vPWR mentions, English football talk, you being an idiot on there... adds up ;)

By the way I am not mad anymore, I may seem like the devil with a pitchfork sometimes but it evaporates.
na it was me :D I mostly trolled nvidia haters recently, IDK if I had anything personal on that account or not so deleted it now, thanks mr stalker

Here's my AMD ownership days https://www.rage3d.com/board/member.php?u=15446 :p been a long time

Back
Top Bottom