• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Permabanned
na it was me :D I mostly trolled nvidia haters recently, IDK if I had anything personal on that account or not so deleted it now, thanks mr stalker

Here's my AMD ownership days https://www.rage3d.com/board/member.php?u=15446 :p been a long time
I am nothing to do with the stalk, I was just mad at the tripe you came out with on here.

Kinda odd how I guessed your mind was like a Reddit user though.

Caporegime
I am nothing to do with the stalk, I was just mad at the tripe you came out with on here.

Kinda odd how I guessed your mind was like a Reddit user though.
are you the idiot that was threatening violence against me in multiple posts, now your stalking me on the internet? why don't you find out who I bought stuff off on these forums and ask them for my address.... or did you already try that?

anyway it's a fact no one has been able to get a 4090 adapter to melt, no matter how much they tamper with them.

probably going to turn out it was attention seeking trolls or haters like you :D

Last edited:
Permabanned
are you the idiot that was threatening violence against me in multiple posts, now your stalking me on the internet? why don't you find out who I bought stuff off on these forums and ask them for my address.... or did you already try that?
You are reaching my dude, I seem like the easiest target because I expressed my feelings but no it is not me.

Last edited:
Soldato
you think its fun to try and dox people on the internet?

actual stalkers
Doxing or doxxing is the act of publicly providing personally identifiable information about an individual or organization..

There was nothing there to personally identify you apart from your behaviour as a troll :cry: ..

I warned people on here before that everyone is easy to find on the internet even with different screen names, how you think I found our OCUK scalpers ? ...

Anything you post on the internet can come back and bite you even harmless things. ;)

Caporegime
I want to punch your head in.

Nvidia THEMSELVES HAVE NOTHING, Why is this the case?
Nvidia is selling products to customers with zero warning.

Relying on Youtubers?
My god you will make any excuse won't you?

Sit down and take it deep from jacket man.

You think people don't buy them completely blindly?
You also think people watch every single review?
You also think people should show a distrust in the manufacturer when all their prior GPU's worked ok?

You seem to think only enthusiasts buy it lol, you are so tied to status and what you own you absolute joke.

Is your head on straight? I would love to fix it.

No one by your mind is capable of making a mistake by being blinded by the flair and marketing by Nvidia.

I say no more.

ahh yea it must be the other guy witht he exact same username as you
If you need any further help contact the moderators, I am sure they can see everything any person here has done.

Doxing or doxxing is the act of publicly providing personally identifiable information about an individual or organization..
yea it was my reddit account where I post a lot on my cities reddit, there was probably identifiable info on there.

I didn't k now someone would track my reddit account down from the avater I had, proper stalker creep stuff

Last edited:
Soldato
I was talking about the stalking part, I never denied expressing my feelings towards your nonsense.

Ok guys knock it off now and @arknor knock off the trolling and lets get back to the serious topic of this thread now. Yes we are all upset about this silliness with these 40 series cards and the "maybe" issues with these connectors, adapters or maybe even the cards themselves. Lets just spread the word to people that own them to be aware of the issues and so they are safe and aware of not keeping pc on all night while sleeping or being away from it for too long and to check for issues.

Last thing we all want is for someone to get seriously injured or worse. Ok shake hands and back to acting our age and not our shoe size.

Permabanned
I am one of them.
Ok guys knock it off now and @arknor knock off the trolling and lets get back to the serious topic of this thread now. Yes we are all upset about this silliness with these 40 series cards and the "maybe" issues with these connectors, adapters or maybe even the cards themselves. Lets just spread the word to people that own them to be aware of the issues and so they are safe and aware of not keeping pc on all night while sleeping or being away from it for too long and to check for issues.

Last thing we all want is for someone to get seriously injured or worse. Ok shake hands and back to acting our age and not our shoe size.
Can you lay out some firm ground rules to the dude in PM or something for protecting his butt online?

I am all for you dispersing lies or whatever but don't leave the guy hanging, I don't think this is fair and only shows you as trying to control people.

Otherwise yes I agree, back on topic.

Make amends and fix the holes you have left, don't cover it by feining authority.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Show me a single youtuber who manages to make a connector melt and I'll' believe it's not trolls seeking attention causing it.

How can any connector be more damaged in the box than what Gamers Nexus did to them?

Last edited:
Soldato
I am one of them.

Can you lay out some firm ground rules to the dude in PM or something for protecting his butt online?

I am all for you dispersing lies or whatever but don't leave the guy hanging, I don't think this is fair and only shows you as trying to control people.

Otherwise yes I agree, back on topic.

Make amends and fix the holes you have left, don't cover it by feining authority.

Show me a single youtuber who manages to make a connector melt and I'll' believe it's not trolls seeking attention causing it.

How can any connector be more damaged in the box than what Gamers Nexus did to them?

The rules are simple act like sensible adults and have respect for others. Come on we all like to tease and wind up each other from time to time but it's done with some respect and done because our way of having some fun while here but none of it is meant to upset anyone and they should get the joke too.

Also regarding this issue none of us here really knows what the cause is and last people I want advice from about the cause is some youtuber or social media person that knows nothing about the subject. Lets all wait for Nvidia and their engineers to come back with the cause of the issue, youtubers are all trying to get clicks at the moment on this topic.

Also all we can do is make people aware of the issue and to keep them safe if they didn't know about it, we don't even really know if there is a real issue yet as it could be user error and sadly if it is and that easy for users to make errors to melt their connectors then Nvidia needs to make them user error proof as this is a serious issue that can lead to a death or serious injury.

So until we know why .. we should be just making people aware there maybe an issue if you own a 4090, I told my work mates about it that own them and 3 out of the four had no idea there was even an issue and they all use the adapter, and all four of them have kids that use their pcs too. So you know now what they are doing monitoring them in case an issue comes up and told the kids if they smell burning or see something to let them know right away.

OK no more guessing why unless you work in an engineering role and understand materials and electricity in that environment. Lets wait and see what Nvidia says.

Last edited:
Caporegime

So you really think gamers are going out to buy a 4090 and intentionally damaging the connector just to "troll"? Seriously? Can think of far better things to do with 2 grand rather than trying to make a gpu catch fire...

Caporegime
So you really think gamers are going out to buy a 4090 and intentionally damaging the connector just to "troll"? Seriously? Can think of far better things to do with 2 grand rather than trying to make a gpu catch fire...
people could be buying there connector then trashign the nvidia one because they feel some grudge against paying so much money for a GPU.

Could even be cable mod themselves to drum up business, seems like they whipped everyone into buying their product, they are crazy active on reddit promoting the cable since the release of these cards.

Some of the melted connectors look suspect as hell... if they are plugged in when melting how can some melt into a shape that wouldn't fit in the slot?

why do they melt from the outside in? the heat should be coming from the pin.... not outside the connector, unless they are purely melting from bad airflow and super high case temps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom