• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Associate
yet people have made videos testing the connectors with extreme bending etc and it made no difference.

more than likely now people were clicking their connectors in fully and the b ending was helping to pull it out a bit more so making less contact.

although GamersNexus did a video where they tried it and the difference vs non boot and slightly higher temps seems to rule it out anyway.

Maybe it's not even the connector, it could be a certain type of PSU shooting down spikes, or people with their GPU power limit pushed over 100% and transient spikes. could be ghosts flowing down the internet for all we know now.

or just faulty actual cards
This is the reason why YouTubers were unable to get the cable to fail. FE and PNY adapters are made completely different compared to other AIBs. This the the adapter Nvidia really intended for the 4090. The question is why do all AIBs have the******* adapter. It seems to me nvidia made a revision to the adapter but failed to inform AIBs of it who packaged the older revision.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
This is the reason why YouTubers were unable to get the cable to fail. FE and PNY adapters are made completely different compared to other AIBs. This the the adapter Nvidia really intended for the 4090. The question is why do all AIBs have the ******** adapter. It seems to me nvidia made a revision to the adapter but failed to inform AIBs of it who packaged the older revision.

PNY make the FE and A-Series (Quadro) and the data centre cards for Nvidia so not surprised they have the same adaptor as the FE cards.

Soldato
OP
I still believe power cycling could be contributing to all this. Be that as it may there are plenty of people reporting certain pins melting because they are catching it early. Although I would still count those post that got deleted.

Soldato
28 + 4 VRM

Also like the idea of two of the fire hazards as then you can load balance over two connectors and set 450w as that's all that's needed anyways on these cards. If they made the cards in black and I may get one if sensibly priced ... I know laugh prices on these normally but lets see what they charge for them as the 40 series is soon going to crash in price anyways once the demand vanishes as it is doing at an extreme rate.

I would just grab two of the 16pin cables from be quiet and not have to worry about melting then..

Wonder if these cards have a way around the voltage limits on 4090s as that's the limit not power as 600w is never hit anyways as the voltage is limited to allow the cards to go to anywhere near 600w.

Soldato
How many "dead 4090" posts have they locked/deleted so far?

Don't know but several people have been complaining about it.
People that don't understand how Reddit and sticky threads work, they haven't deleted anything, theyve added them to and referenced them in the 1st post of the megathread

Last edited:
Soldato
People that don't understand how Reddit and sticky threads work, they haven't deleted anything, theyve added them to and referenced them in the 1st post of the megathread
That's for the melting issue that thread but dead cards for other reasons are being deleted and removed from view. I have seen 3-4 so far and even people on twitter complaining about having their posts deleted after stating their cards died or theirs shows video corruption.

The problem is we don't know really how many have died because you have to see the thread before the mods nuke them.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You need to stop spreading false information like that. They are deleting threads. Yes, the thread "should have been moved" but it was not. It was deleted.
If the thread was moved they would have used automoderator to remove them and added a comment to a link to the megathread. Or, just use a PRAW bot. All they did was just remove the post.

Last edited:
Associate
Bizarre considering no 4090 goes over 500w due to Nvidia voltage limits. Unless this is a pure LN2 card and not intended for gamers, then I could see it being intended for someone who's going modify the PCB to force more voltage

Why are some cards using 4x PCIe cables vs 3x? Genuine question.

Associate
Bizarre considering no 4090 goes over 500w due to Nvidia voltage limits. Unless this is a pure LN2 card and not intended for gamers, then I could see it being intended for someone who's going modify the PCB to force more voltage
It depends. There are scenarios where 4090 goes over 500W. I've tried that myself - only possible in RT heavy games though.
Cyberpunk with full rt/no dlss adjusted to 1.1v and 600W power limit is able to draw 560W on my FE. No point in doing that, but its possible.

Caporegime
How many "dead 4090" posts have they locked/deleted so far?
there are websites that let you see the deleted posts....
I already linked one on here before

once the page has loaded it takes a few seconds to generate the content.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom