• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

john.png

This doesn't even look to be properly inserted. WTF :cry:

Last edited:
The fact people can't plug in a connector is the reason we have "DO NOT DRINK!" labels on bleech

You can visibly see its not plugged in fully... even a blind person could feel the connector and determine it's only half plugged in.

Sending a plug to gamersnexus thats got a halfway plugged in mark on it.., I'd be embarrassed to be that guy
To be fair, you've got plenty more reasons evidenced in this thread to be embarrassed.

Well after weeks of waiting for my CableMod cable, DPD appear to have to left it on someone’s doorstep, but it’s certainly not mine.

Git. The blurry photo on the delivery notification doesn’t even have the package in shot either. I hate DPD.

yea the amount of crazy people wishing it were every GPU melting like you lol

Please show any post I have made to prove your weird point. I'll give you a week. You still won't find it.
Mind you, you wouldn't be able to find a burning GPU cable either because you'd close your eyes and pretend it's not happening.

Last edited:
Managed to locate my missing CableMod order in the end.

Swapped it over last night and there was an audible click when connecting all the sockets, 12VHPWR included thankfully.

Having now removed the rats nest of PCIE cables I was pleasantly surprised to find the GPU maxed at just 60C after a 3 hour gaming session last night. That’s a whole 5C less just by removing the clutter of cables. VRAM temp maxed at the same 60C too.

Managed to locate my missing CableMod order in the end.

Swapped it over last night and there was an audible click when connecting all the sockets, 12VHPWR included thankfully.

Having now removed the rats nest of PCIE cables I was pleasantly surprised to find the GPU maxed at just 60C after a 3 hour gaming session last night. That’s a whole 5C less just by removing the clutter of cables. VRAM temp maxed at the same 60C too.
Similar results with my cablemod fitting too, temps drop and really looks slicker now without that mess of cables. Temps have dropped too :)

Has anyone else noticed that this debacle did not involve the PCIe side of the adapter? Apparently, those "user errors" seem to be able to have attach PCIe without it causing the number of catastrophic failures as we've seen reported on the the connector side.

:eek:

Has anyone else noticed that this debacle did not involve the PCIe side of the adapter? Apparently, those "user errors" seem to be able to have attach PCIe without it causing the number of catastrophic failures as we've seen reported on the the connector side.
same people probably got 90c cpu not mounted properly though

:eek:
Because you can see the clip and people know connectors need to click in.

The clip isn’t visible for the 12VHPWR and since Rtx 30 most of the power connectors are buried anyways. so relies on user to install properly and making sure it is pushed in. Softer hands unnecessarily worry about somehow damaging PCB by pushing too hard resulting in unseated connection.

Nothing out of the ordinary in your argument there.

More interestingly is if this connector is so prevalent of causing issue and causing fire why there are 125000 people able to mitigate the risk completely and do it correctly GLOBALLY. Which is basically 99.96% success rate.

Now the 50 cases of failed ones all have a single common issue - not fully inserted connector - so that’s telling really. There is not really any need to go into circumstantial hearsay, it is the facts that brings this to a conclusion. The facts are 99.96% currently (with more Rtx 40 sales this % will only increase ever closer to 100%) able to do the correct install while 0.04% seem to have incorrectly installed the adopter/native cable.

If it is a manufacturing defect affecting a batch, the fail rate should be much much higher in the thousands. If it is a QC issue, the numbers may correlate with the 0.04% however the common issue found would be the quality deficiency not the incorrect insertion. You may get 1 or 2 cases of incorrect insertion but the common cause should be some thing relates to quality not user lead error.

The fact is that incorrectly inserted connector is a user error and that’s the common thread and that’s the primary cause of these connectors to melt. The other contributing factors such as foreign objects are just secondary issues and there is no strong evidence linking them to melting.

The closing thought is never underestimated the stupid of a man…someone is paying £2k for a GPU to game on that’s reason enough to doubt their sanity already :D

Last edited:
Thing with the PCIe insertion part is that's pretty hard to screw up, not only does it slot in quite effortlessly, if it wasn't inserted all the way you wouldn't be able to screw the bracket in which is a dead giveaway it's not seated right.

Back
Top Bottom