• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

Finally got the Cablemod cable installed - the shroud but happy with it for now it looks so much neater than what was the rats nest of adaptors :D

Not the best cable management was a bit of a rush job, It's took far too much of my time up already lol.
View attachment rclOuYQ.jpg
Just leave it at that, looks sweet. Yes quite the improvement. Where's the PSU out of interest?

Now it's fine, because I looked underneath and it's fully plugged.
It just slides forward the connector if it won't fit your GPU properly, I had to take mine off altogether as it won't fit the Inno Ichill with the plastic shroud on.

Cablemod are sending me an alternative shroud out but I'm not sure any will fit the Inno anyway there's very little clearance around the Inno connector as there is a bracket quite close all around the power connector on mine.

So is the general consensus to just make sure it's plugged in properly with some force and no debris of any kind on the connector or is it still a lottery ?

Yes.

The connector requires a level of force and care above and beyond other connectors in your build. Also note that not all adapters make a clicking sound, so don't keep upping the force until you hear a click, because it may never come.

I recommend that once it looks completely flush, see if it will pull out. You have to pull hard enough to be confident it won't work its way out with heat cycles, but not so heard that you strain the connection point where the wires connect to the pins.(solder joints)

It's amazing how they just stopped melting, where's all the people who were in this thread crying for product recalls and the end of nvidia gone?

Last edited:
It's amazing how they just stopped melting, where's all the people who were in this thread crying for product recalls and the end of nvidia gone?

Even the daily threads on Reddit have disappeared; the whole giant pinned thread now reads like a hall of shame

I suspect if anyone does experience the problem they will just not post about it online anymore because they will be mocked and shamed

Last edited:
Even the daily threads on Reddit have disappeared; the whole giant pinned thread now reads like a hall of shame

I suspect if anyone does experience the problem they will just not post about it online anymore because they will be mocked and shamed
This is the best part about it from nVidia's point of view. No one's going to post about it anymore regardless of why it happened to them, making the problem completely disappear.

This is the best part about it from nVidia's point of view. No one's going to post about it anymore regardless of why it happened to them, making the problem completely disappear.
I guess as long as Nvidia still replace the 4090 if they catch fire etc its not too bad :cry:

Loooooool.

Hope everyone got their 70 euros worth

More than likely not plugged in fully. Been running my cablemod one just fine on my Zotac 4090 for 2 months 24/7 without a single issue and nearly 1 month 24/7 with Nvidia's spaghetti adapter. Checking the temp on my cable with an IR thermometer as a rough guide it's never exceeded 50c even at nearly 490w.

Loooooool.

Hope everyone got their 70 euros worth

That Reddit guy proceeds to post photos showing that he didn't insert the cable properly, lmao

More than likely not plugged in fully. Been running my cablemod one just fine on my Zotac 4090 for 2 months 24/7 without a single issue and nearly 1 month 24/7 with Nvidia's spaghetti adapter. Checking the temp on my cable with an IR thermometer as a rough guide it's never exceeded 50c even at nearly 490w.

That's exactly what it is, you see it in the photo from the Reddit link

Last edited:
My adapter that came with my card did not "click" but it sure as hell doesn't seem to go any further into the connector... is it possible that some don't actually make this clicking noise and mine is fine? I mean, if I push it any harder I am afraid of breaking something...

My adapter that came with my card did not "click" but it sure as hell doesn't seem to go any further into the connector... is it possible that some don't actually make this clicking noise and mine is fine? I mean, if I push it any harder I am afraid of breaking something...
Theres no click on the fe either but you should able to do a visual inspection

Back
Top Bottom