• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Check Your 4090's 12vhpwr Connectors To Make Sure They are in Pristine Condition

since the failure mechanism for both cablemod and default adapters appears to be the same, what advantage would this additional l-shaped connector provide.. unless someone is trying to fit a gpu in an underspecced case which is even more irrational to begin with

since the failure mechanism for both cablemod and default adapters appears to be the same, what advantage would this additional l-shaped connector provide.. unless someone is trying to fit a gpu in an underspecced case which is even more irrational to begin with
dont need to bend it to fit in your case

I’ve just fitted my 4090 in to a Meshify Mini 2 haha.

I love to live dangerously!

dont need to bend it to fit in your case
i am using the default octopus cables in an atx case and the covers still pushing against them, i think people are just being paranoid - 100 euros for a single cable + l-shaped connector when it doesnt even address the actual mode of failure, idk how that can be even explained away

I’ve just fitted my 4090 in to a Meshify Mini 2 haha.

I love to live dangerously!
dangerous is fitting the 4090 in a matchbox, you still have some way to go :D

You don't need an octopus, you can buy a simple cable straight from your PSU directly to the card
Not that this thing replaces the octopus ,you still need the octopus on top of the adapter...
yes simply buy a cable you will still need to bed or have issues fitting it in your case, anyone buying a cablemod adapter would also buy a custom cable to replace the octopus

yes simply buy a cable you will still need to bed or have issues fitting it in your case, anyone buying a cablemod adapter would also buy a custom cable to replace the octopus
You are the one that suggested that if you dont buy this adapter you have to deal with the octopus, which is fundamentally false since the adapter doesn't even include a cable. So you can buy a cable eitherways, why did you bring up the octopus in the first place?

You are the one that suggested that if you dont buy this adapter you have to deal with the octopus, which is fundamentally false since the adapter doesn't even include a cable. So you can buy a cable eitherways, why did you bring up the octopus in the first place?
maybe go read the rest of the discussion and the other quotes instead of coming here and splitting hairs just for the sake of being obtuse

These people just love to make themselves look stupid. Plug them in properly and you won't have a problem.

Near 2 k for a gpu and they are playing overwatch 2 with it?

lol people will get the full set of 1 cable + 1 l-shaped connector for 100 euros.. when it doesnt even address the actual mode of failure
the cases are only less in number because of base effect, imagine if everyone with a 40 series card bought the cable
i dont understand why people moan abt rising prices of "actual" components and at the same time buy something that cant even justify its existence

Last edited:

2nd report of cablemod 12VHPWR cable melted MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 12VHPWR connector while played Overwatch 2 online after used cablemod extension cable for about 11 weeks.

Oh OP is from UK. :cry:
04:14 - Custom 12VHPWR Cable Melts

Has anyone from this forum actually reported any problems with melted cables?

I got an adapter that requires way too much force to fully seat and refuses to click even when it gets seated. I can easily see how random users could fail to fully seat an adapter like the one I got. That thing is just begging for "user error".

My Cablemod PSU cable went in easy and clicked as expected.

I suspect there is variance from one connector to the next, and that some adapters plug in as expected and some Cablemod cables don't. (It just worked out the other way for my two samples)

Back
Top Bottom