1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cities: Skylines

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Scotty123, Aug 19, 2014.

1. willhub

Capodecina

Haha

2. JoeF1

Mobster

:D

3. PiKe

Capodecina

Started getting into watching the let's plays of this on YouTube so ended up buying it so I can play it myself.

Just have the base game plus the after dark dlc, quite handy being able to use Steam streaming to a lesser powered laptop.

4. willhub

Capodecina

Still playing this, time Cities Skylines 2 came out of another expansion. Still on the city I've been on for the past 8 months, finally got to 100000+ population, really hard to increase past this.

Change laptops and the 7820HK @ 4.1GHz really makes it much more playable, framerate tanks but it's still responsive in the built up area, with the old 7700HQ I had constant freezing. Gets up to 30fps in some areas which is miles more than before!

5. Poneros

Mobster

Fantastic game, took me a while until I gave it a try but it's been capturing a LOT of my free time over the past month. I can only imagine how much more modding will open up...

6. SuperOwl86

Gangster

I started playing again a couple of weeks ago and lost track of time.

What mods are people using at the mo?

7. Begbie

Capodecina

8. atomic7431

Mobster

9. Penfold99

Hitman

Still love playing this game, can pass many hours :)

10. Vimes

Mobster

I have around 960 hours clocked in this game, not many compared to some people, and I reckon that there is still more to be had.

I have been having a break for a while, too many other games unplayed.

The workshop support is amazing and probably helps to keep this game going for some, myself included.

11. PiKe

Capodecina

I have severe traffic issues in my first city, making the farming vehicles have to go through city streets was a mistake :(

12. willhub

Capodecina

I've got 100000 pop with 78 to 82 traffic flow, lots of big routes, minimal junctions with traffic lights.

13. PiKe

Capodecina

I need to start a new city, but its annoying you dont get access to on/off ramps straight away.

14. Steeps

Soldato

Think I need to buy all the expansions and start again, struggling to fit new transport methods efficiently in a city with 100k population. Looked at adding toll roads but my highways are far too cramped to fit in. Traffic flow is good but I think I have too much public transport as my boats and blimps are barely used.

15. Doggie2k

Hitman

I'm currently on my very first play through after owning this game for 2 years lol

Just amazing!!! I played for 6 hours today and I still don't know where the time went. been a long time since that has happened in a game. I haven't even begun with mods yet.

16. Penfold99

Hitman

The dlc really does add a lot of extras always good to pick up when they are on offfer.

17. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

I want to get right into this again, Ive had it since day 1, but I get to about 50k pop and get cheesed off with bad traffic and having to sort out metros and buses and trams etc, all my roads get clogged, my city looks like gash then off the game goes. I have such an OCD that it ruins my enjoyment because I can never get it looking nice and functioning well.

18. PiKe

Capodecina

Sam Bur on YouTube has some really lovely looking cities.

19. [TFU] Thegoon84

Soldato

If they did bring CS2 out i'd like to see a locked down multiplayer which everyone followed the same rules and city building was hard as hell..... But you had to trade correctly to make money and invest correctly. The best and only good thing about sim city 4 or what ever it was, was the industry system, i.e raw matts to produce high end processors

20. Begbie

Capodecina

Just dont depress yourself by looking at Skibitth etc :D

His Arndof will make you question if you're even playing the same game :(