Cities: Skylines

Associate
Has anyone had any luck unlocking the Arc de Triomphe? Requires ' 15,000 children in elementary schools'.

I've gone against reason and over 10yrs ive gone from 2.3 avg education with 51k population, disabled all education buildings and got to 1.2 avg with 100k. I've done this with the intention of dumbing down the population so i can force a new generation through the education system and have as many people in school at once.
I have 45% of my 100k pop with no education, that means only 10% of them are bothering.

Its basically killed off my city, cos they're at 45/4/4/47% (uned/1/2/3) and my employment dumped from a 15yr steady 97% to sub-60% in about 5yr, cos people are either uneducated or highly educated.

Associate
If you want to force a framerate, and you've got afterburner, then you can force it using Rivatuner.
Add the application, and set a framerate limit. I have it at 30fps.

Soldato
Has anyone had any luck unlocking the Arc de Triomphe? Requires ' 15,000 children in elementary schools'.

I've gone against reason and over 10yrs ive gone from 2.3 avg education with 51k population, disabled all education buildings and got to 1.2 avg with 100k. I've done this with the intention of dumbing down the population so i can force a new generation through the education system and have as many people in school at once.
I have 45% of my 100k pop with no education, that means only 10% of them are bothering.

Its basically killed off my city, cos they're at 45/4/4/47% (uned/1/2/3) and my employment dumped from a 15yr steady 97% to sub-60% in about 5yr, cos people are either uneducated or highly educated.

I'm confused, why would you do that? Surely the only people going to elementary school are children, so making a load of adults uneducated wouldn't do anything?

It seems like that achievement is basically just population based, so carrying on educating everyone as normal is the way to do it, eventually when you get 15k+ children that are able to get to school you'll do it. Trying to make a load of young adults go to elementary school doesn't seem like it would work?

Associate
I'm confused, why would you do that? Surely the only people going to elementary school are children, so making a load of adults uneducated wouldn't do anything?

It seems like that achievement is basically just population based, so carrying on educating everyone as normal is the way to do it, eventually when you get 15k+ children that are able to get to school you'll do it. Trying to make a load of young adults go to elementary school doesn't seem like it would work?

Yeah, you'd think... but apparently education is global, its essentially stage 1 education, stage 2 & 3, rather than age groups.

Eligability has gone up to 9.35k, which conveniently is my elementary cap (9.3k), so i guess i could try spamming more of them in the city and see if it keeps growing.

Associate
Seen a few bugs where vehicles get half way down a road and then turned around in the middle of it and went back the direction they came. :D

My 2nd city was doing OK, hardly any jams, but as soon as the population increased and my industrial sector grew boom I went into gridlock. If you screw up your traffic at the start it can be a nightmare to fix.

Soldato
Man there is so much public transport in this game, when and where do you decide to use these? E.g. trains as opposed to metro? I don't get how I should maximise these transport modes in my city.

And DAMN, each level up, you increase the amount of land even further! Sim City sizes really do pale in comparison.

Soldato
Tried metro out for the first time now, works nicely. Cool to see them exit a bus and go into the metro.

I want good traffic but at the same time I like seeing busy roads and people walking around because it looks nice :D

Back
Top Bottom