Associate
131 hours later 300k reached
Here's my monster at the moment and its hell down there :D

2015-03-21_00001.jpg

2015-03-22_00001.jpg

2015-03-22_00002.jpg

2015-03-22_00003.jpg

Associate
I heard that you should multiply your population by 7 to get a realistic figure. So you're at 2.1 M. Impressive, though unfortunately the small plot size makes it look repetitive. It's a cross we all shall bare it some point.

Soldato
Goodness knows how many times I end up starting again...!

I thought that I had it just about right until I came to drop a roundabout....

I was sure that I ticked the option for left hand drive - doh...!

Underboss
Every time Garsands posts I am amazed, brilliant city bud.

I haven't played this too much recently, I want to maintain its longevity by not over playing right away, I have a tendency to do this so pacing.

But after seeing garsands monster I may have to restart....again!

Soldato
I want some mods (like extended public transport UI) but don't want to lose out on achievements. Has anyone tried out the mod that keeps achievements enabled when you have mods installed?

Do steam punish things like that? Since it would then be easier to get achievements.

Soldato
I want some mods (like extended public transport UI) but don't want to lose out on achievements. Has anyone tried out the mod that keeps achievements enabled when you have mods installed?

Do steam punish things like that? Since it would then be easier to get achievements.

Works for me....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=407055819&searchtext=achievements

Folks, once you subscribed and the mod is "on" is there anything else needs to be done? I tried the clear and bright mod, but it doesn't look any different?

as long as it is green lit and on under your content menu then that is it.

I agree though in regards to that one the wow factor seems to be the screen shots over that of what I see as well.

To me the overhead map is "cloudy" and dull and needs some vibrancy to it, not just when zoomed all the way down.

Man of Honour
How does this compare to Cities XXL and it's ilk? Im not really into the gaming aspect, I just like sandbox and constructing stuff, can I do just that in this game or do I have to earn stuff through completing other stuff?

Soldato
By default the game comes with 3 mods. Hard Mode (increases the cost of extra areas or something), everything unlocked, and infinite money.

So you can just use the latter 2 and build whatever you want. The game is pretty easy though, so I'd recommend atleast trying it out normally, you can basically get unlimited money by just building a small area and playing on max speed and letting the money flow in.

I don't know how it compares to Cities XXL personally but most people seem to think it's the best city builder since SC4. I think the only real downside to the game is difficulty, but personally I just play city builders to make cool cities rather than the challenge, so I don't care much about that.

Soldato
I'm having real issues with traffic, haven't managed to get above 6k population yet!

I'm not a fan of 'grids', I prefer to make cities more like the UK with their wiggly roads than American grids.

Soldato
I'm having real issues with traffic, haven't managed to get above 6k population yet!

I'm not a fan of 'grids', I prefer to make cities more like the UK with their wiggly roads than American grids.

Do grids to get pop/money then on the next tile do the wiggly roads etc.

Once your second tile is as you want it, go back and start altering the first tile

Back
Top Bottom