Cities: Skylines

Soldato
4f6e372f73a695987897b9e00519e383.jpg
My new build i made this morning, industrial is getting clogged up now though so ive brought the square below and im going to expand into there now then once ive got other areas sorted ill come back to this part and sort it out.

7K population atm

Soldato
Check that all your power buildings are actually connected to the grid.

They are, they are all on one side and the city is on the other, as I bought more land and expanded some of the buildings aren't getting electricity, even though they are connected right next to ones that are.

Associate
Sometimes it seems you need to add an extra power line going to the busy area. Or if you stick a wind turbine down it suddenly all gets power.

Soldato
I started my first city this morning... liking the game so far, however something I'm wondering about...

In Sim City I would always build an intentionally education-deprived slum area to provide low-education workers to my industries... but is that actually necessary here or not? Seems to me so far if I just carefully manage the education building capacities I can control the proportion of the population that are educated/un-educated without having to split the city apart... is that the case or am I just going to make everyone in the city unhappy?

e.g. I currently only have 1 elementary school (still early days, <5k population) and it's capacity is 300 students... However the info view tells me it isn't meeting the demand as I have around 400 eligible. So I was thinking if I intentionally don't build a second school for now that would lead over time to a roughly 3/4 split in the education levels, where 25% of people end up under-educated... (then I guess once the demand reaches ~800 eligible I could put down a second elementary school, upping the capactiy to 600 overall but still maintaining a 3/4 split, if that's what I want)

Associate
Tempted to make this my first videogame purchase in more than a year, but I noticed I'm now closer to the minimum specs than the recommended ones which is a new feeling! Does it still play nicely on an overclocked 920 and a GTX 570 at 1200p or will it need things turned down?

Soldato
I'm glad they fixed the commercial demand bug, but now I'm having to create a lot more commercial zones and its really screwing with my traffic, it does seem a tad over the top home many deliveries all these shops need!

Soldato
First "city". As usual i dont bother with planning and strategy and tend to go with the tried and true 'lets just slap this down ere' tactic. :D

Tell me how i can save this? I dont do restarts ill fight to make this a thing of beauty! :D At the moment im making 3k+ per week/turn but thats not really a lot is it.

Back
Top Bottom