Cities: Skylines

Caporegime
With good planning the trains work fine, obviously if you're trying to lay tracks over roads and areas you've already built then yeah it will be messy.

In fact the key to having a large city and it working fine on this game is pre planning.

Caporegime
It has trains, ships, metro, buses and planes (http://fat.gfycat.com/ShorttermQuarrelsomeBat.webm). It also has full support of steam workshop and if you aren't happy with the vanilla models go get yourself some new ones off there :D

You can create your own floods, with dams. There's also a mod that allows fire to spread to other buildings so far. Lots more to come I'm sure.

I don't think the police ever do anything but patrol and spot suspicious activity though and there's no prisons to put criminals if they did arrest them :D

Soldato
Someone needs to mod in the amusing "shady deals" from SC... you know the:

"Great news Mr.Mayor!! We're looking for a place to site the new uber-prison 9000 - it's the biggest prison ever created... so err... if we bung you £100k can we stick it over in the corner of your town somewhere?"

Soldato
I'm generally okay with garbage, but dead bodies are a nightmare. Plenty of crematoriums and no road issues, but still loads always waiting for collection.

Soldato
Crematoriums have terrible capacity.

I spam graveyards on some fast road on the edge of town, seems to work fine. They pick the dead up all across town, as long as your roads are free flowing ( ish).

Associate
Well its been a fun 2 weeks but this is a game breaker for me.

'Cannot create any more objects of this type'

Can't add anymore parks or even highway ramps.
Might make a pretty small city.

2015-03-24_00001.jpg

Associate
I saw a post where it says its to do with the engine that the game is built on.
Is this why in the default game you can only unlock X amount of tiles?

Parks are not to bad I can thin them out, but Highway ramps I can not remove as they are in place to help the traffic move around jam free ish.
It even says it with the power cables.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's down to the way you can only store some much stuff in the engine (not specific to this one though) and in this game you do store an awful lot of stuff. To store anymore they would have to change how they are storing information and that would have to be a thing they do for everyone and for some it would increase the demands on the game to make it unplayable on lower spec machines.

Soldato
That is a bummer, only 300 k people ?

I have come across another annoying limitation, the map I play won't give me enough water:

How am I supposed to get more water ? Loads of districts are already on ''water saving'' ( the higher density ones) and my pumps are failing because the river doesn't flow in enough water :(.

Back
Top Bottom