Cities: Skylines

Intersections will be in the roads tab, the 5th tab (2/4/6 lane, motorway & intersection), same with roundabouts.

A 'large ploppable residential area with roads and such' sounds more like a save game tbh. I did the same the other day liking the look of a fancy looking airport all pre-built, couldnt find it then realised something that size couldnt possibly be a ploppable, iirc the largest size we can plop is 12x16/16x12. Its possible it could be in the interchanges tab if its small enough, but im not sure if its just me but none of the road related stuff has been particularly great for plopping into an existing scene. It doesnt want to attach to existing features. I built a mini roundabout, the access roads i included wont lock to the roads already placed, so you have to delete it or plop it just away and road onto it. So a stencil style ploppable wouldnt work either. I do hope they'll fix that, cos it magnetises/snaps to road, but never lets me place it.

It's this thing.

Its filed under Intersections, so i guess thats where you'd find it, 5th tab of roads.

Yeah, its there. It appears as the daft white & grey blocks thing. Not sure why it doesnt use the screenshot function when you create the asset, at least most new content is appearing with an image, but in-game created content doesnt atm :(

pic
intersections.jpg

Ahh, that makes more sense :D. Im not sure if i missed other posts talking about the XL series, but it would have been clearer if you'd mentioned it was the XL series, cos saying Cities in this thread gives the impression you're shortening down for this game not another, and even these comments you're still referring to it by an nondescript name.
TBH, I also cant really tell if you're aware they're completely different games & developers, with the 'old version' & 'new one' bits.

You misread my posts, it is very clear I was asking how it compared to this new game. Less time being pedantic and more time reading the thread next time old boy I'd suggest ;)

Handbags lads, leave them in your boudoir ;)

I am very tempted now I have a few mods and have reached "Megopolis" to demolish everything in my city and start over again. Is this even possible?

I have about £2mil in the bank and have unlocked 90% of the unlockable buildings.

Its filed under Intersections, so i guess thats where you'd find it, 5th tab of roads.

Yeah, its there. It appears as the daft white & grey blocks thing. Not sure why it doesnt use the screenshot function when you create the asset, at least most new content is appearing with an image, but in-game created content doesnt atm :(

Ah, thanks for that. I didn't realize that downloaded assets had to be unlocked like all the regular stuff.

Does anyone know of any good guides for city planning? I start struggling with traffic after just a couple of thousands residents. I'm rather clueless when it comes to designing road networks that dont get jammed up by intersections.

Ok so futher to my last this happened.

vytBdAAl.jpg.png

Deleted everything, turned everything off, everyone left. My bank grew and I now have a clean canvas with a decent budget to start again.

Gotta sort out my trains and general traffic, fun times ahead!

You misread my posts, it is very clear I was asking how it compared to this new game. Less time being pedantic and more time reading the thread next time old boy I'd suggest ;)

I had read the posts, thank you. However im not making mental notes of who said what and about what. Had you quoted something tied to the XL series i could have guessed, but you hadnt and your post claiming what would be impossible time playing 'Cities', because you used a generic title to describe a different game, within a Cities Skyline thread made no sense and no frame of reference to believe it to be anything else.
Even in the 2nd post you're calling both of them Cities, despite attempting to unconfuse maters, refering to them as new version and old version, like CSL is in any way a new version of the XL/XXL series. Its stupid. Either give it the full name or refer to it in a recognisable way like XL.

Theres no need for the childishness either, just be clear with what you're saying.

I'm struggling with getting from highway into the cities. How are people managing this? Going from huge roads to small ones, etc.

I usually find this is only an issue at the beginning, because I havent got highways unlocked. What i normally do is build just off the entrance, leaving a decent bit of space to allow for a highway to come in later. I usually end up having to bulldoze a building or 2, move a ploppable etc, but its not often that i need to bulldoze a path through, just a few buildings where i want off-ramps to go and had previously just let the motorway run straight through only to find traffic jams at the few exit points available and wanting to spread that somewhat.

You shouldnt need too much highways though, good public transport has a significant impact on road usage, leaving mostly industrial vehicles on the road. So unless you've built an area bigger than 1 plot, then you shouldnt need to plough a highway through the middle.

I'm struggling with getting from highway into the cities. How are people managing this? Going from huge roads to small ones, etc.

Off ramps then onto 6 lane 1 way roads leading onto a crossroads. This means that when they filter off the ramp they will then use the left 2 lanes for going left, the centre 2 for straight on and the right 2 for going right. Keeps things far smoother flowing. Make off ramps as long as possible.

I had read the posts, thank you. However im not making mental notes of who said what and about what. Had you quoted something tied to the XL series i could have guessed, but you hadnt and your post claiming what would be impossible time playing 'Cities', because you used a generic title to describe a different game, within a Cities Skyline thread made no sense and no frame of reference to believe it to be anything else.
Even in the 2nd post you're calling both of them Cities, despite attempting to unconfuse maters, refering to them as new version and old version, like CSL is in any way a new version of the XL/XXL series. Its stupid. Either give it the full name or refer to it in a recognisable way like XL.

Theres no need for the childishness either, just be clear with what you're saying.

You didn't read the thread, you made a point that I corrected simply and you want to have an argument and lecture me. Please don't call me childish and certainly don't lecture me. It is very clear the theme of my discussion, hence the good advice people offered and I took. I have never written a single thing on any forum in the world that considers how you might interpret it, I don't intend to start now so wind your angst in, it really is wasted on me.

Back
Top Bottom