Cities: Skylines

Associate
The anti-aliasing on this game is awful. Any way of improving it with AMD cards that doesn't involve downsampling? (computer struggles with that downsampling mod)

Soldato
Wow, I've finally realised that the "education system" is sort of broken...

I was struggling with my industrial and forestry areas for a while with the "no workers" problem affecting a lot of it and lots of abandoned buildings... I figured this meant that all my citizens were too highly educated so I purposefully built a "slum" area near to the industry... made absolutely no difference at all... I kept expanding and expanding this area with no schools etc and still nothing...

Eventually read on reddit that the problem isn't too do with education so I sceptically stuck a whole load of schools everywhere to bring all my education stuff right back up giving everyone in the town access to education...

Suddenly the industry areas all recovered and all is well... Seems a little strange - I get that the over-educated people will work in the industry as a last resort but why does it seem like under-educated people won't?

Permabanned
I bought this so that i can use the modded the content. I created a city and was doing well but then got killed with traffic. Too many intersections in the industrial region just backed up traffic, i had bus systems and metro but it didnt help. Well i say killed i was 20k+ in cash flow.

Associate
I seem to have a bug with electricity. I have more than enough spare power and my grids are all connected but some areas just dont seem to get any. I have even built wind turbines in the affected areas but to no avail

Associate
How do i access the natural resources? I watched a video it said create a district then change the policy but when i do that there is no natural resource policy available. Does it have to be unlocked?
When you've made the district, or later on, you can change the districts natural resource from the district menu. just select the type of specialization and click on the district to apply it. You can change or remove the specialization later too.

Associate
Think I'm onto my 8th restart now.

The beginning of this one seems to be working better so far. I have the main road coming in then splitting down two different ways, left for residential and right for industrial. The industrial traffic can get back out easily using the two exit points which also avoid the roundabout, leaving it free for the residents to get to work and the garbage trucks to get around.

vUVOuZV.jpg
DenxZIn.jpg

Soldato
Been playing this for a while, on my 3rd city and I think I managed to properly lay it out so it avoids any major traffic. One way roads helps a lot in the industrial areas, the main cause of traffic.

What mods are everyone using? So far I only have the one that allows you to purchase all expansions, I tried auto bulldoze but that caused a lot of deaths and reduced my population for some reason.

Permabanned
My 2nd city:

k5b9Fgp.jpg.png

They must have updated the game between the tutorial i watched and final game, as its a bit different now. I worked out how to do districts and resources. Anyone else commercial zone never happy, even with low taxes? I am struggling to take it to past 80k population. I have 2 million dollar but -800 cashflow due to low taxes and so much running costs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom