Cities: Skylines

Soldato
Get this mod:

DESCRIPTION
What is this? A flight simulator inside a city builder? Yes! Follow your dreams!

Usage:
Press CTRL + A to enter flight mode. WASD+mouse controls. If you wish to change the flightmode shortcut, invert the axis or change sensitivity open the config menu with F8.

This is a work in progress.
Todo-list:
- Building collisions
- Engine sounds
- Better simulation

Map used in the pictures:
Los Santos

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=413366627

Soldato
One thing that Im getting a bit concerned about is the dependency to use too many mods to make the game "more" than what it is....

Effectively making the game that I play "different" to the one that others are playing.

Associate
Why does it matter if the game your playing is different from what the other guy is playing?
Just play it the way you get the most enjoyment out of it.
There is no leader board or competition to win so it does not matter.

Soldato
I'm not using any mods, only some objects from Asset Manager like intersections.

Also the devs are listening to people's feedback and look like they're implementing the changes people are making with mods.

Otherwise, dont look at Mods as a way of "fixing" the game. Like GTA or Skyrim, just think of them as a way to customise the game to a way you enjoy.

Caporegime
I always have problems with either garbage or dead people waiting for transport, no matter how I build my roads

I just started again after downloading some more mods like the lane change mod etc and my garbage trucks were refusing to go anywhere, they kept teleporting in and out of the garbage place like they weren't connected to the city but they were and all the trucks etc were driving around without teleporting..

turned all the mods off and still the same lol, must be a bugged tile somewhere in my city :(

garbage places were constantly ticking from 0 trucks in use to 1 truck in use almost every second but after relocating them they were working fine :S

I've made about 10 cities before this and never had it happen :O

Last edited:
Soldato
I just started again after downloading some more mods like the lane change mod etc and my garbage trucks were refusing to go anywhere, they kept teleporting in and out of the garbage place like they weren't connected to the city but they were and all the trucks etc were driving around without teleporting..

turned all the mods off and still the same lol, must be a bugged tile somewhere in my city :(

garbage places were constantly ticking from 0 trucks in use to 1 truck in use almost every second but after relocating them they were working fine :S

I've made about 10 cities before this and never had it happen :O

Not sure if it is related but someone noted over at their forums just switching off a mod isn't always a guarantee that it does not persist. They suggested that it was a matter of deleting the mod, unsubscribing to be sure that it wasn't still being used in the game. Others showed agreement, but I don't know.

Caporegime
Arumba did a crazy looking grid city with walkways everywhere
He seems to have stopped playing though and is certainly proof getting popular on youtube even when putting out good content is almost impossible these days

Quil18 is another good one
he's got playthroughs as well

Last edited:
Soldato
Arumba did a crazy looking grid city with walkways everywhere

He seems to have stopped playing though and is certainly proof getting popular on youtube even when putting out good content is almost impossible these days

Quil18 is another good one

he's got playthroughs as well

Thanks dude.

I watched all the Skye plays youtube videos before getting the game. Pretty decent although he gets over fan boy about trains :)

Yeah i'm actually watching his series now. He seems like a complete bell but i'm enjoying his videos nonetheless. :D

Soldato
Patch out....

1.0.7b - Patch Notes......

[/1.0.7b - Patch Notes

• Warning added when enabling a mod
  • Save to cloud box now remain checked if the loading was performed from a cloud save
  • Japanese garden for everyone
  • Added command line parameter "-limitfps x" to set a target fps
  • Mac/Linux: Fixed custom assets not loading due to an invalid PNG format.
  • Mac: Removed menu bar & docks in fullscreen mode
  • Asset Editor: the default size of assets created from templates now matches the template size if loading props
  • Asset Editor: fixed a case where the default textures may get corrupted and require to restart the game
  • Asset Editor: already placed props can now be moved around and rotated in place (respectively using the left and right mouse click) when no tools are selected
  • Asset Editor: fixed cases where LODs may not rotate with the building in the import panel
  • Steam workshop: Steam fixed the workshop not being showing when in offline mode in the latest Steam client release (24 Mar)
  • Locale: added LOADING text
  • Misc: fixed a case where command line arguments may conflict
  • Misc: removed an invalid key binding option
  • Misc: Added screenshot shortcuts to rebindable input (default is F12 for normal screenshot and shift+F12 for hi-res screenshot, also local screenshots now go to gameUserFolder/Screenshots) Steam screenshot feature is untouched and still the preferred method to take screenshots
  • Misc: Info views panel added to the Escape chain so the last Escape press will close the info views now
  • Misc: Save map does not show builtin and workshop maps any longer
  • UI: Fixed arrows sprites not showing feedback when interacted with
  • UI: Fixed color picker color not displaying in the right color space
  • No more duplicate name error for identical names coming from different packages
  • Paths can not be built inside elevated roads anymore
  • Elevated roads can now be upgraded or changed direction if one-ways
  • .ccs files displayed in red can now be selected in the load panel when trying to recover a failed save (when a save fails and attempt to
  • preserve itself generating a .ccs file)
  • french localization improved
  • general audio improvements (should help address the sound stuttering issue with some sound cards)

Once again we'd like to thank everyone who has taken their time to assist us in tracking and eliminating our technical issues. You're awesome.

The rest of you... well you're pretty darn cool too!

Regards,
The Cities: Skylines Team

Associate
Just found this thread.. wanted a new game this weekend and I think this will be it.. many hours on Sim City years ago..

I presume its available on Steam?

It is, but I'd get the key from cdkeys as it's cheaper.

Picked this up yesterday and promptly spent the next few hours solid playing it. Once you start it's hard to stop playing.

Soldato
Yeah there's some really good videos and you tubers on this great game.

Anyone found some really good workshop stuff to add yet? specifically assets

Soldato
People asking about let's plays of this game... I watched lots of different ones looking for one with a particular style and eventually found Xisumavoid's series to be by far the best... doesn't drone on with a lot of patronising explanations, does a lot of the more tedious stuff off camera but tests things out etc. and ends up building a really cool city

Back
Top Bottom