Cities: Skylines

Soldato
Do you have plenty of parks around the commercial areas? Also, I don't really notice that much difference with happiness between 0% and 11% tax rate. It's only 12% and above I notice it significantly drops it.

Soldato
There appears to be a limit on the amount of trees you can plant. Can't plant any more :(

There's a mod which ups the tree count from ~250k to several million I believe... on the workshop

Has anybody seen that traffic management mod which appeared on the reddit yesterday? Looks fantastic - you can zoom into a specific junction and then for each road connecting to it toggle between different rules (e.g. STOP, give way, no left, no right, etc.)... It's only a WIP but seems really good so far and makes a lot of stuff much better (including having proper roundabouts)

Soldato
logged back onto my city last night and 1/4 of it was flooded :-0

played for around 5 mins or so and it was slowly getting worse. started again

Permabanned
The bus network could do with some work. Each line should be a different colour to help work out which is which. I laughed i had like 300 people at each bus stop by the main metro station. I started removing the bus stops hoping they would find a different solution, i had like 1000+ people running up and down the road looking for a bus stop, they all went back down the metro in the end lol.

I had a passenger train station and removed it to replace it with a freight train station, but i didnt remove the lines first, so the passengers were just stuck in the air floating. I then placed the feight station on top of the floating people and the train lines were still showing but under the freight train station haha. I ended up having to remove each stop on the train line. There should be an easier way to remove the train lines with one click, same with bus lines.

Soldato
The bus network could do with some work. Each line should be a different colour to help work out which is which. I laughed i had like 300 people at each bus stop by the main metro station. I started removing the bus stops hoping they would find a different solution, i had like 1000+ people running up and down the road looking for a bus stop, they all went back down the metro in the end lol.

I had a passenger train station and removed it to replace it with a freight train station, but i didnt remove the lines first, so the passengers were just stuck in the air floating. I then placed the feight station on top of the floating people and the train lines were still showing but under the freight train station haha. I ended up having to remove each stop on the train line. There should be an easier way to remove the train lines with one click, same with bus lines.

you can change the colour of the bus lines. click a bus, the little window pops up and you can change it there.

Soldato
One thing I find annoying with the transit lines is clicking the right one! Sometimes I have to delete stops on the metro or bus just to be able to click the line "under" it if I want to add new stops.

Or am I missing some easier way to do it? :(

Soldato
Do offices come under commercial or industrial demand? I had assumed they came under commercial as they are light blue but now sat here at work wondering?!

Soldato
Aha that might explain why my wood industry suddenly had no workers when I zoned loads of offices nearer to my residential zone when there was demand for commercial! :rolleyes:

I therefore assume people will choose the workplace nearest their homes if there is an over supply of workplaces?

Permabanned
One thing I find annoying with the transit lines is clicking the right one! Sometimes I have to delete stops on the metro or bus just to be able to click the line "under" it if I want to add new stops.

Or am I missing some easier way to do it? :(

The colour transport mod that is mention above also adds the ability to turn individual line visibility on and off. I have not tried it yet but just added a load of mods that i will try when i get home.

Associate
Has anybody seen that traffic management mod which appeared on the reddit yesterday? Looks fantastic - you can zoom into a specific junction and then for each road connecting to it toggle between different rules (e.g. STOP, give way, no left, no right, etc.)... It's only a WIP but seems really good so far and makes a lot of stuff much better (including having proper roundabouts)

Got a link to this, or the name on Workshop?

Thanks

Soldato
That looks brilliant. I hope someone releases a mod or patch comes out than improves the AI decision making when it comes to being in the correct lane. That and the above mod would be brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom