Cities: Skylines

Rad, you know you've put MonitEr in your sig? ;)

I just saw someone on reddit had posted a picture from their 81-tile map! Thats 9x9, rather than 5x5. They've basically unlocked the outer are you could never build on, im surprised theres 2 tiles worth of space though.
I always planned on making a map with dotted towns, cities, villages etc and never did. I might have to give this a try, unlimited funds, and just make something aesthetically pleasing, screw the challenge etc, maybe dig out an unlimited RCI demand mod and stuff.

Mod: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=576327847
Image link: http://i.imgur.com/ch8yVrk.jpg (map is Helsinki i believe)

If I was to only get Snowfall or After Dark DLC, which would you recommend?

Got £10 in my steam account (whoa there big spender!) and don't know what to purchase... this seems a decent option.

If I was to only get Snowfall or After Dark DLC, which would you recommend?
You know, that is a hard question to answer and it shouldn't be coming from someone who really likes the game. Honestly if I had to give an answer.. I'd say...... neither.

After Dark was a massive let down. Was mostly cosmetic stuff and very shallow in what it added to the base game. Then there were all the issues (like the difficulty building at night) and bugs (like the bus lanes) that never got resolved. Just made After Dark feel pointless.

Unfortunately reading the reviews and watching youtube clips this looks like exactly the same pattern appearing in Snowfall. Its Snows only on certain maps and it keeps snowing as there are no seasons.

I'd spend that £10 elsewhere and raid the Steam Workshop if you want a new map, buildings, road types etc to start a new city on.

Sorry if that seems slightly negative. I'm actually still positive about the future of the game. I just think its going to take a lot more time then we hoped for some much needed depth and challenges to be added by such a small development team.

You know, that is a hard question to answer and it shouldn't be coming from someone who really likes the game. Honestly if I had to give an answer.. I'd say...... neither.

After Dark was a massive let down. Was mostly cosmetic stuff and very shallow in what it added to the base game. Then there were all the issues (like the difficulty building at night) and bugs (like the bus lanes) that never got resolved. Just made After Dark feel pointless.

Unfortunately reading the reviews and watching youtube clips this looks like exactly the same pattern appearing in Snowfall. Its Snows only on certain maps and it keeps snowing as there are no seasons.

I'd spend that £10 elsewhere and raid the Steam Workshop if you want a new map, buildings, road types etc to start a new city on.

Sorry if that seems slightly negative. I'm actually still positive about the future of the game. I just think its going to take a lot more time then we hoped for some much needed depth and challenges to be added by such a small development team.

Nope that's a perfect answer - thankyou. Will look at a cheap game instead :)

Going to give snowfall a try later... Don't see a reason to go for after dark when you have bus lanes with traffic ++ and day/night cycle anyway.

paradox have it on their store for just over £9 for 48 hours (emails a steam key), just picked it up.

looking forward to getting stuck in, being a huge fan of SimCity/Transport Tycoon/Infrastructure kind of games :D

Its Snows only on certain maps and it keeps snowing as there are no seasons.

That was my concern with this DLC update. Having seasons would have been nicer instead of it just snowing all the time.

Are the trams part of the free update?

Still tempted to get the DLC just to support Paradox. If it were any other developer I wouldn't bother but I feel they deserve my money in some odd way :D

Back
Top Bottom