City Fibre

My parents had no one internet install/activation today.

Kelly communications came last week to do duct checks without letting anyone know just turned up and the fiber install was today.

Parents are not happy front garden has been left a mess with part of the duct pipe they have broken off also they pulled out plants plus removed parts of the garden wood border fence.

They use BT ducts in this area only need to pull the cable through and terminate etc.

before (not the best picture) - https://ibb.co/2F3KGnD
after - https://ibb.co/hdpQ54q - https://ibb.co/L56s3Py

Any one else have strange way of billing by no one as well? they emailed today saying they would take payment for £56 something 01/01/24 I got a deal for £29.99 per month price fix for 24 months.

My parents had no one internet install/activation today.

Kelly communications came last week to do duct checks without letting anyone know just turned up and the fiber install was today.

Parents are not happy front garden has been left a mess with part of the duct pipe they have broken off also they pulled out plants plus removed parts of the garden wood border fence.

They use BT ducts in this area only need to pull the cable through and terminate etc.

before (not the best picture) - https://ibb.co/2F3KGnD
after - https://ibb.co/hdpQ54q - https://ibb.co/L56s3Py

That’s truly horrible. Kelly Comms are just sub-contracting and that’s not how you leave an underground duct or how you run a cable on a wall.

I think you’ll need 2 complaints - one for the damage (get the complaint logged with LOTS of photographs (and send No-one the bill) and one about the appalling installation. They have visual standards and that doesn’t meet them.

Last edited:
Any one else have strange way of billing by no one as well? they emailed today saying they would take payment for £56 something 01/01/24 I got a deal for £29.99 per month price fix for 24 months.
We had the same, but we did get an email saying why it was, it's basically because they usually charge in advance but they can't do that for the first month. So your first bill will contain what you've used for the first month plus the full charge for the next month.

Sorry to hear about the damage though, we also had Kelly Communications but they fortunately did a pretty good job here, they just drilled a small hole in the covering Openreach had installed previously to allow a cable to go through for their box(they used BT ducts here too). I think you'd have to speak to No one about it and ask how you can raise a complaint, maybe even two as WJA96 has mentioned. Technically it's not their fault since Kelly Communication is a contractor of City Fibre, but since your contract is through No One you'd likely have to go through them either way.

Last edited:
Well I’m definitely going to have to get onto No One tomorrow, this is my BQM from watching the football tonight and I cant get over 100mb wired download speed and under 60mb wireless, the packet loss is the worry
Can an exposed cable have an effect in the cold weather?
My Broadband Ping

i actually do now regret leaving Virgin

Last edited:
Anyone having cityfibre issues today. This morning rock solid 950 down and up. right now gigafibre on cityfibre network 50mb down and 950up. So uploads fine but downloads all over the place.

Yeah, getting slower speeds too only on download with No One/Cityfibre. From my automated speedtests it all went to pot speedwise after my 4:21pm test (hourly tests). Which would line it up with woppy101's packet loss quite nicely. I think theres something bigger going on here.

Last edited:
We had the same, but we did get an email saying why it was, it's basically because they usually charge in advance but they can't do that for the first month. So your first bill will contain what you've used for the first month plus the full charge for the next month.

Sorry to hear about the damage though, we also had Kelly Communications but they fortunately did a pretty good job here, they just drilled a small hole in the covering Openreach had installed previously to allow a cable to go through for their box(they used BT ducts here too). I think you'd have to speak to No one about it and ask how you can raise a complaint, maybe even two as WJA96 has mentioned. Technically it's not their fault since Kelly Communication is a contractor of City Fibre, but since your contract is through No One you'd likely have to go through them either way.

I opened a ticket no one responded fairly quickly saying it has been passed on to CityFibre nothing else.

I had Kelly Comms (duct check pre work) and City Fibre (installed the line and ONT) I stated this to no one in the ticket with images

Bad feeling nothing will happen and City Fibre did not sign up to compensation scheme so they have no duty to pay anything.

My dad who spoke to the City Fibre installers was told from them put a sponge in the hole when he said that is not my job they said neither is it ours.

Well I’m definitely going to have to get onto No One tomorrow, this is my BQM from watching the football tonight and I cant get over 100mb wired download speed and under 60mb wireless, the packet loss is the worry
Can an exposed cable have an effect in the cold weather?
My Broadband Ping

i actually do now regret leaving Virgin

My dad phoned me saying he had issues watching game on Prime and his wireless dropped (He showed in video chat all ONT lights was green)

Could it be the router is an issue I did read from a few Americans saying the Merku has issues.

I opened a ticket no one responded fairly quickly saying it has been passed on to CityFibre nothing else.

I had Kelly Comms (duct check pre work) and City Fibre (installed the line and ONT) I stated this to no one in the ticket with images

Bad feeling nothing will happen and City Fibre did not sign up to compensation scheme so they have no duty to pay anything.

My dad who spoke to the City Fibre installers was told from them put a sponge in the hole when he said that is not my job they said neither is it ours.
I don't think that changes the fact they've got to put it right since they've basically not left your(or well your parents) property how it should be. I thought the compensation schemes just makes it "easier" to go through the process.

My dad phoned me saying he had issues watching game on Prime and his wireless dropped (He showed in video chat all ONT lights was green)

Could it be the router is an issue I did read from a few Americans saying the Merku has issues.

I had an issue not long back with the internet where it was going down randomly but the ONT lights were still on. I thought it was a router issue initially, but it turns out it was something on City Fibres end, No one put in a ticket with city fibre and got them on the case, they fixed it after about 24-36 hours or so.

How do you find No One?They‘re on my shortlist for my next isp when my contract with BT runs out in a few weeks.
Outside of the issue I just mentioned I've not had any problems. Wired I'm getting 930-942 down, upload varies a bit more but always between 860-900. Router is better than I expected going in, only annoyance was only 2 LAN ports on it. Anytime I've had to contact them for support they've responded quick and were helpful. No complaints personally really.

My parents are regretting changing first those other install issues already mentioned about and now home network is playing up.

Wireless is not great the previous BT Hub did a far better job.

Last edited:
Admittedly I've never been with BT so no idea what their hub is like, maybe their provided router is surprisingly decent I guess, but it's a country mile better than the rubbish Sky gave. I had the Wifi disabled on my old Sky router. Didn't support wifi 6 so it halfed the speed already even if you were next to the router. It's a bit worse than the other router we have in the house (an Asus one we were using for wifi instead of the Sky router), but not miles worse or anything. The mercku router is at the front of the house and I can get 500-600 at the back of the house connected to it, which is fine, probably what I'd expect?

No issues here, speedtest from ovh.net

UM3X95V.png

Back
Top Bottom