Civilization VI

Soldato
OP
Oh wait...hang on...In that screenshot, it looks like there are 2 Civs at the bottom of the list which are obscured. I had assumed that was Teddy Roosevelt and Victoria...however...what about Tomyris? The Scythian leader. Thats not showing on the list and if thats off the shot, then that makes, 19 Civs on the list. Including the Aztecs of course.

There was a few more from another screenshot on Reddit, seems 3 at the bottom (very bottom we can't see is Victoria). Whole list appears to be 20 Civs, if we take Aztec as not DLC since everyone is getting it at some point regardless, then we're up 1 Civ. If the pair we mentioned earlier are two different civilizations then someone must be DLC. Maybe they do class Aztec as DLC?

e5fe3637822c8953333c538de84b43d5.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, this is interesting...

From a post on reddit, it's from the accidental leader leak on the game play Firaxis did live the other day on Twitch. It was shown on the Civilopedia page in-game (emphasis on the second sentence).

RIKzns9.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks a really nice religious civ. Love that feature where they can capture a city with a religious unit nearby and it'll automatically convert it.

Permabanned
The last time religion was good was CIV4.

Also 4000BC combat explosions.
Pin stripe suit at 4000BC. Yes that's nothing new with 6 but it bugs me greatly.
Can't build roads...

Etc.

This game is doomed. When it's released the only active posters in this thread will be Tombstone and Flibby. :p

Man of Honour
The last time religion was good was CIV4.

Also 4000BC combat explosions.
Pin stripe suit at 4000BC. Yes that's nothing new with 6 but it bugs me greatly.
Can't build roads...

Etc.

This game is doomed. When it's released the only active posters in this thread will be Tombstone and Flibby. :p

Lol, you're definitely right that I will be in the thread, however I think you're going to be a million miles from right about it being doomed. There arent too many series of games in the history of gaming that I would say are almost guaranteed to not be doomed, but the Civ series is one of them.

I dont mind the "explosions" although if the yogscast videos are anything to go by, they have already been toned down. Pinstripe suit is so far off my bother radar that it may as well be on Pluto, and I really dont mind at all that you build roads by setting up trade routes. :)

Soldato
OP
I don't think it'll be anything near doomed, whether it's as good as 4 or 5 though will remain to be seen; but I really hope so. Yes I'll be here anyway :p Religion sucked in 5 though and I'm hoping for massive improvements. It was far too stale, and managing it becomes such a chore with AI spamming missionaries and prophets.

I'm pretty positive in the thread but I still have concerns about Civ 6. I can't really judge it until I play it. Like have they really improved the AI, is the one-use builder going to work well or is it taking more away from the player as there's no worker micro-management, or is it going to be stale in late-game as I rarely get past mid-game in Civ 5 these days before I just know I've won (pressing next turn another 100 times is quite boring when you know the outcome).

Last edited:
Permabanned
No it isn't doomed. Just doomed for me and maybe the small minority like me.

I rarely get past mid-game in Civ 5 these days before I just know I've won (pressing next turn another 100 times is quite boring when you know the outcome).

Sometimes I do finish the game, but it's a chore repeat bombing dozens of cities with dozens of bombers and then moving in the land units etc.

This is just something I cannot see in CIV6, the scale of it I mean. Sure the double unit stacking is a neat trick (and a welcome addition), but I just don't see dozens, if not 100s of units, under your command anymore.

Just feels very 'small time' and I get a strong 'Civ Rev' vibe with the graphics and huge goofy looking leaders straight out of Disney or whatever.

Man of Honour
Well you may or may not be right about the hundreds of units thing, I couldnt say, I havent seen enough of the late game footage to be able to judge it. But the plus side is that I've not seen anything yet which would lead me to believe that there would be fewer units later on either.

The art style is a contentious one and indeed when the first screenshots and videos were released I didnt really like the looks, however as time has passed and I've watched more hours of footage I've found that the aesthetics have grown on me and I now rather like the visual style.

Caporegime
Looks like it could be the best Civ ever to me. I really like the interplay of the changes - tech boosts, districts, wonders on tiles, etc. - and I think they'll deliver a really good play experience. The art style look a bit rubbish in the early screenshots but looks fantastic in the videos they've released.

I'm getting more and more excited about this.

Associate
I have it ordered from CDKeys so I'm sure I'll post a few things, currently enjoying Civ V again in anticipation.

Perhaps one day I'll win on a game harder than Emperor :(

Associate
I have it ordered from CDKeys so I'm sure I'll post a few things, currently enjoying Civ V again in anticipation.

Perhaps one day I'll win on a game harder than Emperor :(

That is my biggest hope for this. That increased difficulty level is because the AI is smarter, not just given more 'help' at the beginning.

I'm hoping the inclusions of Casus Belli means I can rightfully declare war against a religious civ that won't stop trying to convert my cities, even after they say they will and I won't be penalised for it.

Associate
That is my biggest hope for this. That increased difficulty level is because the AI is smarter, not just given more 'help' at the beginning.

I'm hoping the inclusions of Casus Belli means I can rightfully declare war against a religious civ that won't stop trying to convert my cities, even after they say they will and I won't be penalised for it.

In CIV 5 you can prevent the AI from attempting to convert your cities by keeping an Inquisitor sleeping in them at all times.

Associate
I know but it's a PITA solution to what should be punishable behaviour. You get a penalty if you do it but the computer doesn't. Much the same as unit build up at your borders. You don't even get the option to contact the offender about it but have a scout looking shifty near theirs and they call you out (which is a pain if you're in the planning stages of an assault :D).

Bottom line I'd just like to see better AI and diplomacy but at least they're including ways to soften any declarations of war if the reason fits into their 'justifiable' causes.

Soldato
OP
Yeah you shouldn't really have to keep an inquisitor in each city to keep them away although it does work to slow / stop a religion and you can fully wipe a religion out with one, but depending on how wide you play you're looking at 1 - 4 GP's that you could have bought instead. Passive pressure even with an inquisitor in there can be ridiculous at times also, especially with people like Arabia or double city state pressure.

Really hoping religion is vastly improved in Civ 6, especially now it's a proper victory condition.

Man of Honour
Dont know if anyone else knew this, but I didnt know until I saw this video that you can rotate the map in Civ 6 (at 1.49.00 in the video)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I wonder if you can still play in that view or whether it's just a "look around" feature but it'll snap back to default view when you make a move. It seemed to snap back in that video but I'm not sure if that's just what they wanted or whether it does it automatically.

Back
Top Bottom