Civilization VI

Man of Honour
We still have the following to go apparently if the leak a while back was correct. Added a spoiler just in case no one wants to see the list.

Roma - Trajan
Greece - Pericles
Poland - Jadwiga
Russia - Peter the Great
Spain - Isabella
Kongo - Afonso
Arabia - Saladin
India - Mahatma Gandhi

OH !!! Well thats me sorted then ! Thats my favourite leader of that particular nation ever

Pericles

I even named my ship and horses after him in MMOs (on ones where renaming was allowed :) )

Associate
He was one of the Greek leaders in IV wasn't he?

I hope they bring back the dual leaders again. It was fun playing the same Civ completely differently but I guess it won't happen as I think I read that the majority of dev time goes into animating/voicing the leader portraits.

Soldato
Huh? It looks almost identical to the Civ V tree to me? Pre-requisites, multiple paths, and techs unlocking visibility of resources, units, buildings and tile upgrades. Just like Civ V.

What's your problem with that?

The number of techs in the classical age decreased by half. If they put these upgrades in civics etc. I suppose it won't be an issue. I want more complexity not less. :D

Caporegime
The number of techs in the classical age decreased by half. If they put these upgrades in civics etc. I suppose it won't be an issue. I want more complexity not less. :D

I count 70 techs in the Civ VI compared to 72* in the Civ V (Gods and Kings) tech tree so I'm not seeing much difference at all. There are also, specific to your claim, exactly 11 ancient era techs in both and 8 vs 9 in the classical.

* - technically 73, but everyone always starts with agriculture so it's a bit irrelevant.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
lol mate, the dude playing is a total douche and he's ****ing me off clicking everywhere like a toddler. The other guy is trying to demonstrate and explain the features and this clown who looks like he's never played a CIV game just wants to do his own thing.

"What did that say"? "Din't read it lol". Carries on exploring.

"Oh that's boosted". Doesn't read or evaluate next tech just 'oo it's shiny lets click it and keep playing'. Other dude has just popped off a little ahaha genuine lol from me :)

I'm just watching the 4th video in this series now and I've reached a point where I agree with you entirely. The guy with the glasses is seriously annoying the hell out of me. Its like he has ADD or something, he is just clicking all over the place, not reading anything, no thought going into what he is doing. I notice with each video that the guy sat next to him who is trying to actually play the game properly is getting more and more slumped in his chair, as if the glasses guy is wearing him down :)

Associate
Its one of those games that can't be played over a short time and especially while trying to explain it to someone who hasn't got a clue what to do.

I think I am sold on this, played all civ games but won't pre order it and just wait for a few reviews.

Soldato
OP
Looks like they accidentally showed all the leaders from the in-game Civopedia when the developers were showing off Germany on live steam today. Spoilers in case people are waiting for the announcements :)

Unannounced Civs
Kongo - Mvemba a Nzinga (Afonso)
Spain - Philip II
Gilgamesh - Sumeria?
Arabia - Saladin
Norway - Harald Hadrada
Greece - Pericles or Gorgo? (Possible Sparta Civ? Unless they have two leaders...)
Rome - Trajan
Russia - Peter the Great

zzqiuze7u6gx.png

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hmm..thats interesting !

Gorgo being in there as well as Pericles would indeed seem to suggest that Sparta is a civ too. Very interested to see how the Sumerians play

Soldato
It's always nice when they mix up the formula a bit with each new version of Civ, but the whole art style refuses to click with me. Of course I'll buy, just not pre order.

lol mate, the dude playing is a total douche and he's ****ing me off clicking everywhere like a toddler. The other guy is trying to demonstrate and explain the features and this clown who looks like he's never played a CIV game just wants to do his own thing.

"What did that say"? "Din't read it lol". Carries on exploring.

"Oh that's boosted". Doesn't read or evaluate next tech just 'oo it's shiny lets click it and keep playing'. Other dude has just popped off a little ahaha genuine lol from me :)

Just from that I could guess you'd been watching those Yogscast videos. :D Lewis seems to know how to play, Duncan's just a clown. I can only imagine how annoyed Lewis must have been during that.

Soldato
OP
Hmm..thats interesting !

Gorgo being in there as well as Pericles would indeed seem to suggest that Sparta is a civ too. Very interested to see how the Sumerians play

Yeah I think so too (or at least I hope so). They did state there's 18 civilizations in the base game, and we already know Aztec's are DLC as it's part of the pre-order package. That list has 20 Civs in it (Victoria is at the very bottom of the list so isn't seen), so either another one from the list is DLC or one Civ has two leaders. I'm thinking it's the prior.

Soldato
I found the concept of DLC for civs and to a lesser extent maps a real turn off in CIV5 I bought the expansion packs but the idea of selling the game on day one with content as DLC massively irked me and I refused to buy anything not bundled in a main game/expansion.

DLC in general where it's not an expansion irks me. I think of the [rose tinted glasses] "golden age" of online games with monthly subs but everything included[/rose tinted glasses] to the pay to win, death by a thousand micro transactions and it was a huge barrier to entry for a lot of games.

Soldato
OP
Aztec's are pre-order only for the first 90 days after release; thereafter everyone gets them for free. So not quite DLC as such.

Yeah that's true, although if it's the case then either two Civ's have two leaders, or two Civs from the list are DLC.

Man of Honour
Oh wait...hang on...In that screenshot, it looks like there are 2 Civs at the bottom of the list which are obscured. I had assumed that was Teddy Roosevelt and Victoria...however...what about Tomyris? The Scythian leader. Thats not showing on the list and if thats off the shot, then that makes, 19 Civs on the list. Including the Aztecs of course.

Associate
I read something on the Civ forums about Greece having the unique ability rather than the leader, and 'Omega' has been mooted so maybe the ability is Alpha and Omega and you can switch between the more culture/building peaceful leader Pericles and the more warlike and aggressive leader Gorgo?

Certainly be something different.

Man of Honour
They have restarted their game and thankfully its much better now that the ADD guy with the glasses isnt there clicking every shiny graphic he sees

Back
Top Bottom