Civilization VI

Associate
question is, whereabouts in the tech tree does he snuff it?

Where's the petition I need to sign to keep him alive

Has anyone found a way to stop the screen snapping back to a location after each turn has processed, it's mildly frustrating as i like to look around freely but end up back at aztec hq all the time

Associate
No idea about fps on an r9 390x, but haven't noticed any stuttering at all so far. As for loading, and turn times; very quick on a 2500k at 4.5 GHz. Still in ancient era though!

Caporegime
I only need to know one thing... is it anywhere near as good as Alpha Centauri?

(Of course it won't be, silly question, that game is the pinnacle of Civ games!)

Soldato
I only need to know one thing... is it anywhere near as good as Alpha Centauri?

(Of course it won't be, silly question, that game is the pinnacle of Civ games!)

lol Foxeye that was exactly the question I came here to ask. I tried with Civ4 but just can't get into it yet I used to play Alpha Centauri for 10 hours straight, many a time!!

Wish I could get into these Civ games but either I'm not getting it or just don't care... :(

Soldato
Just downloaded it onto the second computer, it's 4.4Gb download (Deluxe version) with 7.7Gb disk space needed so the 3.9 vs 7 thing was probably people talking about different numbers.

I noticed my 3.9Gb pre-load downloaded a bit more tonight, now 4.4Gb. But yeah I think you're right that 7.7Gb was space required.

Anyway, can't wait to play this tomorrow, proper excited! :) Wish I'd thought to take the day off, though I have the week after next off so there will be plenty of Civ VI played then! :)

Caporegime
lol Foxeye that was exactly the question I came here to ask. I tried with Civ4 but just can't get into it yet I used to play Alpha Centauri for 10 hours straight, many a time!!

Wish I could get into these Civ games but either I'm not getting it or just don't care... :(

Trouble is they absolutely nailed it with SMAC (thanks, Brian Reynolds!). It's not really fair for me to ask if any new Civ is as good as SMAC, it's an impossible ask :p

Man of Honour
Has anyone got a Local Network game working? When I create a game it doesnt show on the wifes list. Only Internet game works and even then only if we make it public rather than private

EDIT : nevermind, schoolboy error, firewall was blocking it

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone know what tech or civic allows embarkation? I can't see it!

Edit: I've just found it!

I was looking for a little icon for embarkation, but actually it depends on the unit/tech. Sailing = builders, Celestial Navigation = Traders, and Shipbuilding = all units!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom