Civilization VI

Soldato
OP
Loving it so far, making so many mistakes though due to how much there is to learn again. Got pummeled by Brazil in one game, wasn't overly worried with his 5 warrior force but then realised that cities can't ranged attack units anymore unless you have walls built :p

Only came across two bugs at the moment. That tech boost that requires you have a 6 pop city works even if you use that city to build a settler (which is -1 pop). If you build a settler at 4 pop then raise the city to 5 pop you get the boost.

The other more annoying bug for me is the cam pan doesn't work properly using the mouse to drag, having to use the arrow keys :/

Last edited:
Soldato
My stepson is about to buy this but he only has a Sandy Pentium and a 7850.

His monitor is 1680x1050 (I try to keep encouraging him to consider a new one amongst other stuff for Xmas but he not a fan of change!)

Will this be playable at the end of bigger games do you think?

Thanks.

Soldato
Loaded it up for a few minutes this morning before work. Now I'm sat in the office wishing I was sat at home. Liked the feel of it, but decided not to move any units or click on anything really, just in case I forgot I was supposed to leave the house :D

I'm relying on this thread to keep me sane during the day!

Associate
Pre-loaded this the other day but my work is all out on a half day company BBQ/drinking session. I foresee a very drunken Civ 6 play through later!

Associate
I hope the diplomacy with the AI in multiplayer is better than it was in Civ V (non-existent). The AI never initiated diplomacy in multiplayer games, so we continued playing Civ IV because the games felt silent and empty without it.

Soldato
Loaded it up for a few minutes this morning before work. Now I'm sat in the office wishing I was sat at home. Liked the feel of it, but decided not to move any units or click on anything really, just in case I forgot I was supposed to leave the house :D

I'm relying on this thread to keep me sane during the day!

I resisted the temptation to do the same, not sure I could have tore myself away. :)

Soldato
Anyone with a CDKeys order received, or managed to get working the Aztecs? I only got the game code from them but had it on pre-order for months.

When I purchased a key from them on Wednesday, they had a separate listing for the Aztec pre-order. They wanted ~£2 for it, so I didn't bother.

Soldato
Yeah, sadly, steam is now a "premium" kinda place rather than somewhere online that is cut-throat to get custom. I generally don't buy anything new from steam any more as it's too expensive (even compared to retail, in a shop prices with box/etc to account for).

Soldato
Just got it for £36.99 from cdkeys, thanks Mercutio.
It's the Steam key for the UK game.
Hurry up download!

edit: xjCNjUS.png

Damn that's quick

Back
Top Bottom