Civilization VI

Soldato
Pretty good initial impression but the amount of barbarians at the start is pretty hefty, it makes me feel like the game is forcing me to go down military routes.

I think I quite like the extra challenge from the barbarians early on. With Civ V I rarely started wars early on so wouldn't do much combat at that stage, so this gives me a bit of that to be going on with. I also used to slack with my army at this stage and just hope I didnt get attacked, but this gives me something else I have to concentrate on.

Associate
My first game .... the first civ I meet is Gandhi .... and shortly after, my first war is with Gandhi. I guess some things never change in Civ :D

Soldato
Played about 6 hours today......

Far too much war and battles, it needs toning down and the huge map is not so huge! :(

Also loading times are a little slow.

Caporegime
Turn time seems to have improved but it still takes a long time to load. I guess some of that is modibility but, still, it would nice if they'd sped that up a bit.

Overall, really pleased so far. The game looks great, the new Civic/government stuff gives a lot of customization and depth. It seems hard to get enough production in cities, though; the Tribal Villages seem very random in how good they are. Getting an early game relic is huge.

My first game I got utterly stomped on King by failing to build enough armies and walls. The second game I played on Prince but after realising the value of walls I think I'd play on a higher setting next time. Cities are so much squishier compared to Civ V it's going to take some getting used to. And Barbarians are much more of a threat.

Soldato
Can't believe I missed the launch of this and missed out on the early access prices. No way I'm paying £39 for any game which seems to be the cheapest I can find it. :(

Soldato
OP
I've had to turn off Barbarians for now, it's like Civ 5's raging barbarians is always on and then some. This is turn 16!

xjdN4m4.jpg

Soldato
I would just like to share that "I hate you all".

Amazon so called Prime next day delivery has failed once again and the only Civ 6 action I'm getting is reading your posts. Gutted.

Soldato
How are people starting campaigns?

I'm finding it much slower going than in others to get my cuties up to speed (especially production wise) and with the ridiculously aggressive barbarian AI and civ AI if I'm not spending everything on troops I'm going backward.

But frustrating :p

Caporegime
The amount of preplanning when building a city now is so high.

To try and unlearn basically all you know about civ 5 city placement I'm finding so hard.

The prerequisites for building wonders is another boggling list that will be needed to learn in the coming months.

Combat is harsh. I've taken 1 NPC city and it was brutal compared to civ 5.

The new movement costs make the game so slow..... Good or bad? Not sure...yet

I hate the diplomatic screen

More to come....

Soldato
OP
How are people starting campaigns?

I'm finding it much slower going than in others to get my cuties up to speed (especially production wise) and with the ridiculously aggressive barbarian AI and civ AI if I'm not spending everything on troops I'm going backward.

But frustrating :p

Yeah you need production immediately or the city is just going to be doomed. The difference between having only a couple of production vs. starting next to two forests and something like diamonds (+3 hammers) is staggering. Like Warriors in 2-3 turns rather than 8-10.

Man of Honour
I think my only complaint at this point is that even the largest map is still too small. Huge really isnt all that big at all, I want an enormous map , which I can have 20 civs on , without them all being plonked on top of each other. So far, even on huge, and even with only 8 civs you still end up all cramped together from the get go.

Soldato
I think my only complaint at this point is that even the largest map is still too small. Huge really isnt all that big at all, I want an enormous map , which I can have 20 civs on , without them all being plonked on top of each other. So far, even on huge, and even with only 8 civs you still end up all cramped together from the get go.

I noticed this.

Is huge smaller than civ 5?

Back
Top Bottom