Civilization VI

Soldato
Wow Phoenicia looks a lot of fun being able to manipulate the loyalty mechanic like that, could we have found my first civ to play as (so long as I get my Pedro win in before this comes out)

Soldato
Yep. Looking forward to this now. Approaching almost 400 hours in Civ6 now, which I know is not a lot for some people but still feels a lot to me. Almost 700 hours on Civ5 mind you, but I am catching up.

Man of Honour
Haha, is anyone else watching the live prerelease party stream? The devs started the stream by speaking out to any devs who were fired from Activision-Blizzard yesterday, to offer them a job at firaxis

Soldato
IT'S LIVE!!! Yeah I've booted it up for 10 mins play before going to work...

First impressions, looks nicer (they've amended the perspective ever so slightly to fit more info on the screen), it seems to be running better on my 2012 mbp (hurray for OS X optimising) and the first map it's generated seems way more varied and interesting. It's going to be a tough day of work!

Soldato
I wasn't planning to rush and buy this, since I've not been enjoying Civ VI as much as other version, but I'm off work with bronchitis at the moment and it actually seems quite tempting as an aimless passtime now...

Seems like it's the perfect time to get playing!

Decided to be the Inca first and can't stop eyeing up where to tunnel through mountains to invade near by civs...

Soldato
Inca are insane. I'll admit to cheating a bit by making a "new" planet covered in mountains just to try them out. I got so far ahead of the other civs so quickly that I haven't really figured out what win condition I'm going for. My cities are all 15pop+ with my capital at 21. All the other cities on the continent are 10-12

Man of Honour
I'm going to start with Canada, fly back home tonight from work and we're all ready to go with a Marathon length, all civs (most on AI) , largest map Multiplayer game. Its the only way we play Civ 6, so I'll be opting for Canada first, then maybe Phoenicians for the 2nd game once that one is finished with. :)

Soldato
Trying for a diplomatic victory with Inca. Very easy so far I've made lots of friends.

Next Maui look interesting.

Only thing is I'm getting random tile improvements become pillaged, but they're not the result of the new natural disasters and I haven't been invaded since turn 50. It's weird I'll be scrolling around to find the new tiles from the border expansion system to improve and just find one or two in the middle of my civs just on fire.

Man of Honour
Turn 300 of our multiplayer, all civ, marathon, giant map. So far so good as Canada, just coming to the end of back to back golden ages, being able to build nicely on tundra (and being able to buy tundra tiles at 50% cost) has allowed me to expand and be reasonably isolated from external pressure. The AI nations (all deity level) are doing ok though many fell early, as they often do on the all civ games that we play. The guy who is playing as Maori is doing very well indeed, the sea based start allowed him to choose a strong start location. The players (there are 7 human players) of Mali and Hungary are also doing very well.

Back
Top Bottom