Civilization VI

Permabanned
Has anyone else been having stability issues with the Civ 6 Rise & Fall DLC?

I'm presuming it's a game issue as when it crashes I get a message saying do I want to send Firaxis the crash log, I always say yes but have never ser up any sort of send address as I've had too with other games so are they sent automatically or are they just getting lost on the net?
It's been well over a year since I last played Civ 6 & I hadn''t even tried the Rise & Fall DLC until about 4 or 5 days ago, I got interested in it again after seeing news on the new DLC coming early next year but at the moment it crashes every hour or so without fail, The audio goes silent for a second or two & then it comes back for another second or two & then it goes off again followed by a crash to desktop. To be honest I'm hoping it's an issue my end rather than with, at least that way I can try to find a way to fix it, Whereas if it's a game bug that's still present so late in the day it doesn't bode well.

In case it matters I'm running Win 10 pro with a Ryzen/Vega PC on the 18.11.2 driver, it crashes on both DX11 & DX 12 although it sometimes takes a lot longer to crash with DX11.

Permabanned
A quick heads up about a game breaker playing Rise & Fall.

Hi, I suppose I might be missing something that can allow me to easily bypass the problem but I can't figure it out, Maybe someone else has
riddle
If so let us all know please.
SpRad_ThumbsUp

Here's the issue,
I only figured out what I think it was after it happened a second time happen.
The only matching factors both times where that I had changed Goverment causing a 3 turn Anarchy period to start at the same time as needing to choose a new Civic tree option, For the second time it happened I was starting another Anarchy period for the same reason & also needing to choose a new research tree option, Both times I was left unable to choose an option and unable to end my turn forcing me to reload the last save which unfortunately was just over 50 years earlier the first time & 20 odd years earlier the second time.
That's it. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving the idea of the Maori starts. Probably will be the first I will play in the expansion when released. Have not paid for any DLC yet, as I got it all 'free', so will pay for this one of course. :)

Man of Honour
Has anyone preordered yet and from where do I get the cheapest key these days? :p
I find it a bit of a steep price for an expansion but its civ and civ is life :p

I think cdkeys is the cheapest, around £28 or so. It is quite a lot for an expansion but it does appear to bring a lot to the table, the missus and I are pumped for it and cant wait to get into the expansion multiplayer.

Soldato
I am more than happy to pay full price for the expansion for both my wife and I. I haven't actually bought any DLC yet as it all came free with my edition I originally bought. Really looking forward to this one. I have been playing many games of Civ6 lately and looking forward to sitting down with these latest changes.

Soldato
Is it possible to get a religious victory if another AI civil has gone full religion?

I got off to a great start and my whole continent is following Great A'Tuinism with no influence, but China is out of control and is on a continent of his own. Plus no Kandy in play. Pumping out apostles isn't doing anything really.

Man of Honour
Is it possible to get a religious victory if another AI civil has gone full religion?

I got off to a great start and my whole continent is following Great A'Tuinism with no influence, but China is out of control and is on a continent of his own. Plus no Kandy in play. Pumping out apostles isn't doing anything really.

Depends if China is converting the other civs or not, if they are on their own continent and not spreading their religion to the other civs then you have a chance.

Back
Top Bottom