CL Final *Spoilers*

Soldato
Absolutely brilliant, deserved for the second half performance, proved again that you get amongst Milan and they are nothing, get at them and every single one of their players pretty much bar Gattuso bottles it.

Still can't quite believe it it was over at half time, but somehow they pulled it back, the first half was a disgrace to English football and the second was a credit to the pure passion and effort that we are famous for.

In the space of a couple of weeks Milan have managed to bottle the Italian title and the CL final, and when they loose shevchenko to Chelsea it won't get any better, him and Maldini were the only 2 Ac players that i felt sorry for last night, they rest of them i loved their little dejected faces :D

Right now Inter to win the Italian Cup and all the omens have come to pass from the last time the pope died, as so far we've had Juve winning the Italian title and Liverpool winning the European Cup, thats the only one left now.

Soldato
Absolutely incredible. That is one of the most dramatic games of football I've seen. At half time no one gave them a chance, and why should they - Milan had been far superior.

That goal by Crespo was sheer brilliance. To do that skill first time is hard enough, but in a European final it is something else. One of my favourite goals of all time just for the pass and finish.

That was some save by Dudek. As if he managed to save the follow up! As soon as that happened, you had to feel it was going to be Liverpool's night.

Congrats to Liverpool and all their fans, everyone I know was gunning for you and is very proud (but also still in complete shock :p) :)

Soldato
Well done to liverpool. Cant believe they actually come back after being 3-0 down :eek:.

Bit gutted for milan because they had the cup in their grasp but threw it away, well thats their own fault though and no one elses.

Looking forward to giving the champions of europe a couple of beatings next season :p

Permabanned
NitrogenY3K said:
Well done to liverpool. Cant believe they actually come back after being 3-0 down :eek:.

Bit gutted for milan because they had the cup in their grasp but threw it away, well thats their own fault though and no one elses.

Looking forward to giving the champions of europe a couple of beatings next season :p

yeah im lucking forward to beating a team that dominated the 90's but who's hayday has now gone :D ;)

Soldato
i wasnt rooting for them :p

im just jealous :p

what ive been thinking though is Liverpool will now have quite a bit of money to spend in the summer. They could have a nifty side in the summer if they use the money wisely.

GK- Reina
DR- Finnan
DC- Hyppia
DC- Carragher
DL- Risse
MC- Gerrard
MC- Alonso
MC- Hamann
AMC- Joaquin
SC- Cisse
SC- Morientes

i bet most pool fans would love to see that next year.

Soldato
Surely its not just about the domestic leagues? By winning the Champions League, you prove you are amongst the best teams in Europe so should be allowed another punt in the competition the following year?

Either way I still can't believe I was there and we won it.

Anyone recommend a good webspace provider that is either free or cheap? Ive a load of pics and vids that I want to host and post of a few forums so might get hammered bandwidth wise.

Soldato
Gilly said:
one of his second teams torn apart by Liverpool :D
Spud21 said:
proved again that you get amongst Milan and they are nothing, get at them and every single one of their players pretty much bar Gattuso bottles it.
You two are having a laugh.
Milan embarassed Liverpool for all the first half, and apart from a 6 minute lapse, were doing well against them in the 2nd & extra time. Liverpool didnt once make AC look average.
The "man of the match": Gerrard, was non existant in the first. Hamann or Carragher should have gotten that award.
If it was based on performance in one half, which Gerrards award was, then Kaka should have got it, he showed Gerrard and the entire backline of Liverpool up. Making amazing passes that cut through 5+ Liverpool players at a time.

and when they loose shevchenko to Chelsea it won't get any better, him and Maldini were the only 2 Ac players that i felt sorry for last night, they rest of them i loved their little dejected faces :D
The day that Shevy goes to Chelsea like all you self proclamied experts suggest will be the day that i go running through Crewe town center in the buff singing yankie doodle ####### dandy.

Tru said:
Dida's partial to coming forward too, I'm 99% sure he saved at least one from Juvé at OT from a good yard off his line.
Bit like Dudek eh? ;)

Any other day of the week and Milan would have won. It was close. Very close. Despite what Liverpool fans will have you belive.
A disallowd goal, a dubious penalty, 2 goal line saves, lucky saves from Dudek and your telling me that Liverpool walked over Milan. Wake up and watch the actual game rarther than what your imagining!.
As for the Penalty, If the referee really thought it was a Penalty outright, then Rino would have walked. He didnt though. Because the ref wasnt entirely sure.

As ive said before, could have gone either way. Another night would have seen Milan win.
Well done by Liverpool to pull 3 back. Showed great team spirit.

And Nedved11, dont get me wrong, im as bitter as you about the loss, but some things arnt ment to be. Just accept it and be proud to be in the top 2 in Europe, by a very very very narrow margin.

Don
Exorcist include Aimar, and stick Risse up to midfield, and a new left back and your onto a winner :)

for the people who don't know, the coincidences are:

THE AMAZING COINCIDENCES FROM 1981 AND 2005
Prince Charles gets married
Coronation Street's Ken and Deirdre gets married
There is a new Doctor Who
Norwich City and Crystal Palace are both relegated
Liverpool win 17 league games and finish 5th
Liverpool are crowned champions of Europe

1978 & 2005 COINCIDENCES
The Pope dies
The Welsh rugby team wins the Grand Slam title
The league winners (1978 Nottingham Forest, 2005 Chelsea) beat Liverpool in the League Cup final
Liverpool are crowned champions of Europe

Quite amazing right ?!?! :)

Don
BoomAM said:
You two are having a laugh.
Milan embarassed Liverpool for all the first half, and apart from a 6 minute lapse, were doing well against them in the 2nd & extra time. Liverpool didnt once make AC look average.
The "man of the match": Gerrard, was non existant in the first. Hamann or Carragher should have gotten that award.
If it was based on performance in one half, which Gerrards award was, then Kaka should have got it, he showed Gerrard and the entire backline of Liverpool up. Making amazing passes that cut through 5+ Liverpool players at a time.

The day that Shevy goes to Chelsea like all you self proclamied experts suggest will be the day that i go running through Crewe town center in the buff singing yankie doodle ####### dandy.

Bit like Dudek eh? ;)

Any other day of the week and Milan would have won. It was close. Very close. Despite what Liverpool fans will have you belive.
A disallowd goal, a dubious penalty, 2 goal line saves, lucky saves from Dudek and your telling me that Liverpool walked over Milan. Wake up and watch the actual game rarther than what your imagining!.
As for the Penalty, If the referee really thought it was a Penalty outright, then Rino would have walked. He didnt though. Because the ref wasnt entirely sure.

As ive said before, could have gone either way. Another night would have seen Milan win.
Well done by Liverpool to pull 3 back. Showed great team spirit.

And Nedved11, dont get me wrong, im as bitter as you about the loss, but some things arnt ment to be. Just accept it and be proud to be in the top 2 in Europe, by a very very very narrow margin.

Disallowed goal which WAS offside... rightfully dissalowed, it was tight but you can see on the pitch lines Shevchenko was just offside, dubious penalty ? Nothing dubious at that my friend, watch it and then tell me that Gattuso made no contact, he clipped the back of his heels resulting in the loss of a definate scorign chance, i agree that he shouldn't of been sent off though especially as there were more players around him, but Gerrard would have been through them as the speed he took the ball on was superb.

We did deserve the game, but your right on any other night AC would have won, but it was just our night. You should feel no disgrace as for the large part of the match you were the better team.

He will never go to Chelsea either, unlike Gerrard (who will eventually go i'm sure of it) i can't see him ever leaving Milan unless it's a high offer to somewhere like Dubai or back in his home country when he's old and past it and rightfully so, he is the best striker in Europe bar none

Soldato
Ex-RoNiN said:
That's nice of TNS, they offer a play-off for their CL spot :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/4582621.stm
See that's what I don't get. It's not like someone has to deliberately removed from the cup to make room for Liverpool. What's wrong with simply having an extra qualifying match against one of the smaller teams from the early round. I can see why TNS have offered this, because they'd probably get far more revenue from a match against Liverpool, CL champions, than they would going out in the first round of qualifying to a random Russian team who won't get anywhere themselves. UEFA shouldn't dish out so many places if they aren't willing to chuck another one Liverpool's way. Like someone else said, if we only had 3 CL spots, 'Pool would get the extra place immediately. Silly.
hilly said:
Exorcist include Aimar, and stick Risse up to midfield, and a new left back and your onto a winner :)
I've heard a lot of Liverpool fans mention Aimar, but where exactly would you put him in the team?

Gerrard and Alonso are two of your best players, and if you play both of them, you then need Hamann in the side as well, to cover their backs. So that leaves the centre of midfield a bit too full to put someone like Aimar in, as good as he is.

Soldato
Last night was just one of those nights where no matter what Milan did they weren't gonna win, Milan had more than enough chances to win the match with Dudek flapping at things but it just wasn't meant to be. Like my grandma always says to me, if it is your destiny then there is nothing you can do to change it :)

Ex-RoNiN said:
That's nice of TNS, they offer a play-off for their CL spot :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/4582621.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/4582621.stm They will lose their place if they do that!

You simply can't take Everton's place away, after all Liverpool have won the cup finishing 4th so it would be bang out of order if they denied the 4th place team a chance in the CL after they have gone on to.

They will have to take a place of another team to get in but would it really be fair to throw another team out just for Liverpool?

Tru

Tru

Soldato
Weebull said:
UEFA shouldn't dish out so many places if they aren't willing to chuck another one Liverpool's way. Like someone else said, if we only had 3 CL spots, 'Pool would get the extra place immediately. Silly.

Can I ask what your logic is here? I've read it a few times and it's completely bizaare.

The CL places are decided at the start of the preceeding season, i.e 2 years before the commencment of the competition. You can't just chuck a team out at the last minute or tell them to cut short their pre-season.

Permabanned
hilly said:
Quite amazing right ?!?! :)

he he
lets add a new coincidense in for a laugh

2003 Jose wins uefa cup
2004 Jose wins champions league
2005 Jose wins Premiership

2004 Rafa wins the uefa cup
2005 Rafa wins the champions league
2006 you up to it Rafa ? :D

Back