CL Final *Spoilers*

Man of Honour
kaiowas said:
I think it's difficult for the keeper when players are doing these 'stuttering' run-ups as it's harder for the keeper to anticipate when to move forward.

Granted but he was bouncing about all over the line before the run-up even started, I also didn't think that the Milan players were particularly bad for the stuttering run-ups and Dida managed to stay on his line for the shootout pretty well. As an example of a stuttering run-up I'd say take a look at Christiano Ronaldo in the recent Arsenal-Man United final, he took the penalty well but even though it was within the letter of the law I'd still call it gamesmanship and make him take it again.

Sorry I really don't want to take anything away from Liverpool here, enjoy the victory as it was a magnificent achievement to get to the final to begin with and then to win it is dramatic fashion. I just find that play like that leaves a sour taste in my mouth no matter who it is by :)

Soldato
Not allowed to come off the line though...still who cares :D He was off his line for a couple that went in. Talking of Pens though, was really impressed by Dida's save against Riise, right in the corner & he made it. Ok it wasn't struck all that well but to get all the way to the corner is :eek:

Soldato
Toekiller said:
No not quite :)

http://64.34.164.206/ri_forum/index.php

and Redcafe is a sea of misery. :D

Geez... Hadn't checked RC until now. Bannings left right and centre. I can't believe the amount of bitterness. I know as a 'real' United fan we're all supposed to hate Liverpool's guts, but tbh anything that's that good for British football and the way they played in the second half last night has to be applauded if you really call yourself a football fan.

Soldato
IceBus said:
Geez... Hadn't checked RC until now. Bannings left right and centre. I can't believe the amount of bitterness. I know as a 'real' United fan we're all supposed to hate Liverpool's guts, but tbh anything that's that good for British football and the way they played in the second half last night has to be applauded if you really call yourself a football fan.

It was totally closed last night at one point!!

Associate
Well done liverpool i always know u were going 2do it AND EVERYONE SAID LIVERPOOL WERE NOT GOING TO LIFT THE CUP :p !!!!!!!!1

Soldato
WushuMaster said:
Youstolemyname was there remember, must have been amazing. Lets hope he got some good pics

Yes he was indeed. And he just got back a few hours ago after missing his plane and having to sneak onto a different flight with a boarding card for a completely different flight! Kinda got caught up in the moment and got carried away with celebrations. Missed my 2.45 am flight and ended up leaving Turkey at about 6am.

Im exhausted. I cant speak through singing so loudly for two days none stop. I aint slept more than a few hours that I got on the plane back but OMG what a night.

At half time all I could do was stare at the floor and think about how embarrasing this was for Liverpool FC. We were completely outplayed and outclassed. Then it happened. I don't know what Rafa put in their half time drinks but the second half belonged to Liverpool. Didi Hamman's inroduction was crucial and Vladimir Smicer's strike in what was his last game for the club were pivotal moments in the match. Oh and Jerzy Dudeks double save from Shevchenko......OMG! I was behind the goal to the left of that and still cant work out how he kept it out twice!

History was made last night, not just for the 5th trophy for the mighty reds but for the sheer turnaround and way the game was won. I felt sorry for the milan fans......for about 3 seconds!!!!

Right. I am off to bed now for a lil siesta before going into Liverpool to see the homecoming parade.

Here is a pic of a flag that the Milan end unfurled before kick off and a pic of the view from my seat to whet your appetite ahead of some videos i shot of the reds receiving the trophy and a rendition of youll never walk alone from the travelling KOP.

It's a great moment for British Football in general and I only hope the supporters of other clubs can take pride in us bringing the trophy home for a (british) record 5th time.

Liverpool Football Club- European Champions 2005

Associate
Nedved11 said:
So Should Liverpool be allowed in the CL next season now?

I dont think they should. UEFA are firm on this and they wont change the rules.

The only way i think they might get pressured into allowing them in is if they make Arsenal go for a playoff too. Not sure how that would work though.

The Champions League is is what it says it is, its for the best teams out of the countries. If Liverpool cant make it why should they be allowed in?

Hey at least you cant say were not capable now. If were not in it next season then frankly its a bit of a sham. If the Champions League doesnt even include the champions of Europe then there has to be something wrong. I reckon weve got more reason to be in it then all the 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed clubs who have won nothing this season. What exactly are we rewarding here anyway?

Man of Honour
Whats being rewarded?

League position is being rewarded. Thats why there's no CL place available through winning domestic cups.

Also Wushu can you edit your sig please? Only 1 line of text allowed with a sig image.

Back
Top Bottom