CoD: Advanced Warfare

Permabanned
So... verdict guys? I'm assuming this is better than the abomination known as Ghosts. Watched a few gameplay videos and i've got to say i'm impressed at what they've done with the graphics. Pretty sure it's still the IW (Quake) engine though.

Caporegime
Well the .cfg files still look very IW esque.

The PC version is 64bit only and needs 6GB Ram to launch so they've clearly done some proper upgrades on it though.

Multiplayer on PC is good though there is still the odd issue with the peer to peer networking.

Associate
So... verdict guys? I'm assuming this is better than the abomination known as Ghosts. Watched a few gameplay videos and i've got to say i'm impressed at what they've done with the graphics. Pretty sure it's still the IW (Quake) engine though.

a lot better game play than ghosts,but still poor graphics for high end gpu's
I got 780 sli and son has 670 and not to much differance in them.

Soldato

It is the IW engine, but it's a rebuild apparently. I wonder how long they can keep flogging it, 11 years seems like quite a while.

Associate

Albeit heavily modified? You do realize there is such things as revisions? It really should not be compared to the original quake engine any more. It is a totally different beast now. Someone mentioned in a previous post just how impressive the the face models are now.

Call of Duty 2 (2005) - IW 2.0
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) IW 3.0
Call of Duty: World at War (2008) - IW 3.0 (Modified)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009) - IW 4.0
Call of Duty: Black Ops (2010) - IW 3.0 (Heavily Modified)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2011) - MW3 engine (Modified IW 4.0)
Call of Duty: Black Ops II (2012) - Black Ops II engine (Heavily Modified IW 3.0)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (2013) - Updated IW 4.0

Going off that it will most likely be running IW 4.0

Just look at how far the Source engine has came from 2003/2004.

Soldato
Probably the best cod game in a while, so if you liked some of the others you should like this. I'm really enjoying it though, not stopped playing yet really :p

Soldato

Wait what... this is based on the Quake engine?
No wonder I thought that this is the first proper shooter I've played in many years (Please don't burn me, I'm on consoles now).

I thought the "verticality" made it feel like the proper old school Quake / Unreal tournament games.

Associate
How anyone can say this is poor graphics is beyond me. I really do think we expect too much now and we are so hard to please. Must be a nightmare for developers.

Soldato
Wait what... this is based on the Quake engine?
No wonder I thought that this is the first proper shooter I've played in many years (Please don't burn me, I'm on consoles now).

I thought the "verticality" made it feel like the proper old school Quake / Unreal tournament games.

Yep, they have never built a proper game engine from scratch for COD like the Battlefield team did. Always a modified engine year on year.

Fully when gaming sites ask the question, every year they skip around the question. Never a direct yes or no.

Associate
Yep, they have never built a proper game engine from scratch for COD like the Battlefield team did. Always a modified engine year on year.

Fully when gaming sites ask the question, every year they skip around the question. Never a direct yes or no.

You do realise BF4 uses the exact same engine as in BF3 with a few more bells and whistles added to it? "Never built a proper game engine from scratch." Does that even have any relevance? U WOT M8? :confused:

Associate

Yeah, from scratch... where they fix one problem and add several new ones...

I'm actually enjoying this game. They got the speeds of the exo suit just right so it doesn't feel like the jumping spam fest that is titanfall.

My friend bought it on Xbox one, whilst it looks like they have done high textures everything else graphically sucks AND the framerate sucks. :D

Literally, snap shooting etc in XB version is impossible and feels slower whilst on the pc version you can dart around the map quite quickly once you get used to the cooldown timings.

Caporegime
You do realise BF4 uses the exact same engine as in BF3 with a few more bells and whistles added to it? "Never built a proper game engine from scratch." Does that even have any relevance? U WOT M8? :confused:

It's not the exact same engine, I do get what you're getting at though it's not much different, just updated.

BF3 is Frostbite 2
BF4 is Frostbite 3

It's no different to what they've done with COD.

Soldato
Just ran into an aimbot :/ Name was madog or something. Bit annoying to play against, just shot perfectly into me every single time, 3rd on the leaderboards with highest SPM too.

Associate
It's not the exact same engine, I do get what you're getting at though it's not much different, just updated.

BF3 is Frostbite 2
BF4 is Frostbite 3

It's no different to what they've done with COD.

If you think revising the name of an engine is changing it then you are mistaken. Yes they did clean up a lot of things and add new graphical options but you could argue that is no different as say IW 3.0 > 4.0.

Soldato
Love this game so far. Setting full high FPS over 100

2d9cr60.jpg

1174dqc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom