CoD: Advanced Warfare

Soldato
Like the look of the changes to multiplayer seems like it has actually added a fresh dimension. However I just can't bring myself to buy an FPS that doesn't release a dedicated server client on PC, like CoD used to do in the old days.

Shame really as it could be great.

Soldato
Anybody maxing out this game with a comparable setup please?

Textures are low res even when set at Extra for me :(:

Turn off cache sun shadow maps and cache spot shadow maps, then disable supersampling. The poor textures and stuttering should hopefully go away.

Regarding lip sync issues, that happens if you enable shader pre-load during cut scenes. Disable this and your lip sync problems should be fixed.

Leave the standard shader pre-load on if you want to, it just means level loading times will be longer.

Soldato
Just read that there's no FOV adjustment in SP. Is that true?

I'm at work ATM so can't check if it is its going to ruin SP for me :(

Hopefully they patch it or someone figures it out in a config.

Soldato
Yes made no difference for me. It seems no matter what I change in settings all I have is low res textures. :confused:

hmm. no ideas then sorry chap. everyone who has reported bad textures turned off those 2 settings and it was all good.

could you take a picture of your settings and post it?

you updated your gpu drivers to the newest version?

what is your specs?

Soldato
Just read that there's no FOV adjustment in SP. Is that true?

I'm at work ATM so can't check if it is its going to ruin SP for me :(

Hopefully they patch it or someone figures it out in a config.

Yeah, only in SP though. Mutli is fine.

Soldato
hmm. no ideas then sorry chap. everyone who has reported bad textures turned off those 2 settings and it was all good.

could you take a picture of your settings and post it?

you updated your gpu drivers to the newest version?

what is your specs?

I have tried every combination of settings it just seems locked to low res textures nothing makes a difference.

I'm using a 4.8Ghz 4770k with a 290. Latest drivers and older drivers tried. Also tried my 780 with the same issue.

I'm going to completely delete the game re-image my main drive and start fresh later and see what that does.

Soldato
Yeah, only in SP though. Mutli is fine.

Having played MP yesterday I was hoping SP would save this game for me as it seems like money wasted ATM.

But no FOV adjustment is killer as I have it as high as it will go in MP so it will feel even narrower going back to standard in SP

Caporegime
I had to turn off shader pre-caching in multiplayer to avoid the occasional long loading of levels (and sometimes the game getting stuck syncing settings)

That causes one map in particular to stutter badly at first. The San Francisco one with the Tsunami warning.

cache sun shadow maps and cache spot shadow maps are both On and Supersampling is at 2x and it's running fine with my AMD 295x2. High res textures are loading up fine.

Associate
Have you tried (experimentally) setting EVERYTHING to low/off except high res textures? I read some speculation elsewhere that when overall settings are set higher than your graphics will allow, textures are the first thing it drops.

Could be it's underestimating your GPU and thereby bumping it down.

edit: looks like you already addressed this while I was typing, sorry.

Associate
Have completed the single player and thought it was excellent. One of the most enjoyable FPS single player I have played in a long time. ( Wolfeinstein is still better though for that this year ).

Also tried the multiplayer and really enjoying that as well. Makes up for the travesty that was COD Ghosts last year.

Also run so smoothly and impressed with the Port.

Back
Top Bottom