CoD: Advanced Warfare

Associate
So anyone got any links to getting the settings right for a particular setup? I'm having difficulty with mine, it stutters a bit here and there and I get banding across the screen quite often.

I'm using the setup in my sig with a 27" 2560x1440 res.

Last edited:
Soldato
So anyone got any links to getting the settings right for a particular setup? I'm having difficulty with mine, it stutters a bit here and there and I get banding across the screen quite often.

I'm using the setup in my sig with a 27" 2560x1440 res.

You're lucky it's working at all, the game has failed to launch properly every single time I have tried. The furthest I've gotten is the audio starts playing at the intro, another time i saw some robots for a few seconds. The game has not even started properly once, it's shocking. It doesn't even start in it's own safe mode.

Associate
You're lucky it's working at all, the game has failed to launch properly every single time I have tried. The furthest I've gotten is the audio starts playing at the intro, another time i saw some robots for a few seconds. The game has not even started properly once, it's shocking. It doesn't even start in it's own safe mode.

I assume it's updated with patches etc?

Odd that you can't get it going with the spec in your sig. I've read a few other forums that I've found on Google and it seems like others on here have said that you need to disable some of the pre-loading stuff and cinematic effects (AA??).

I've not played it since the first day and I've not really had time to sit and properly go through each setting using trial and error yet. Found my old Red Alert 3 game and decided to install that again. Started playing last night after I put the kids to bed around 8.30 and before I knew it, it was 5.30am!!! Crawled into bed only to be woken by the kids at 7am.

Will have another go AW in a few weeks probably.

Isn't there an option to start the game in a 'Safe Mode' where it floors all the settings to allow you sort it out?

Caporegime
Is it P2P servers?

i tried Ghosts again last night. After downloading 40gb i uninstalled it after 30 mins.

Its partly my geographic location but mostly the lack of servers.

So bored of Games where the host would be 40-2, 30-4 etc etc etc, Nice juicy KDRs and everyone else fighting for scraps. The game just doesn't work p2p

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone else still have ridiculously long load times for single player? I've turned off all the preload stuff and it's still taking forever to load considering it's on an SSD!

Associate
I bought this and was very disappointed in it. The 'exo' jump just gives noob players all the skill, I stopped playing FPS games a long time ago for bunny hoppers because it bugs me. When I am going around with skill, crouching, lying down, hiding, throwing flashbangs before corners, listening for sound of people walking etc. But then you can get someone bunnyhopping around and seem to have perfect aim..

Anyway, I started playing again recently and thought I would give this a go and it just seems that the exo takes it to a whole new level!

Soldato
Won't even load on my computer for some reason. Starts, and then black screen and nothing, computer locked.

I am getting the same now. Was running fine before. Have not played in a few weeks and now when I come to start game I just get a black screen and the game stops responding.

I have to close it via task manager. I tried starting it in safe mode - it still crashes.

Tried to verify game cache and 136 files didn't verify so steam re-downloaded them. Still it crashes.

Anyone know the cause or how to fix it?

Back
Top Bottom