CoD: Advanced Warfare

Associate
Got this today and my gpu seems to stuggle with this. Thought most cod games where quite low graphics ? So it seems i need a new gpu lol. Medium graphics and its not smooth at all really.

gtx970 time i think major upgrade over the old 560ti

Got this for 18 quid also. So defo worth a pop

Last edited:
Permabanned
Good SP game, if they get proper FOV setting (not 3rd party hacked ones) and some other issue I forget for now fixed its fine.

I ran it 1920x1440p all set to highest setting with default AA left at 2x (not sure what those other new tagged AA settings are) and enabled SSAA to 2x and got 90+FPS all the time and over 110FPS a lot.

Last edited:
Associate
Has anyone encountered screen tearing and mouse problems yet?

No matter what I try, I cannot avoid screen tearing unless I use vertical sync and with that comes massive input lag. I've tried frame limited in EVGA Precision X and forcing adapative VSync via Nvidia CP and alas nothing.

With the mouse, acceleration is disabled both in game and Windows and polling rate is set to 125MHZ and it still feels I have no control as if there is still acceleration present. In other games such as Battlefield 4 its fine with no problems so I know its not anything but Call of Duty AW.

I'm at a loss, I can't think of anything to try.

Soldato
Well multiplayer is pretty much dead at the moment. Players are leaving in their droves due to hacked lobbies, performance issues and the cluster**** of hacking at the moment.

So I have walked away till they make some improvements.

Been playing Unreal instead :D

Associate
Have to say I've been playing a fair amount and haven't experienced any of that. My only real grip at the moment is the quality of some of that maos, seems to be a 50/50 split between good and terrible.

Caporegime
what is single player fov cmmand tweak ?

also anyone got mouse acceleration fix. my mouse is at 125 still accelerates.

tbh the maps look good single player is actually very nice looking on high settings on par with crysis.

Caporegime
what is single player fov command tweak ?

also anyone got mouse acceleration fix. my mouse is at 125 still accelerates.

tbh the maps look good single player is actually very nice looking on high settings on par with crysis.

Permabanned
Well multiplayer is pretty much dead at the moment. Players are leaving in their droves due to hacked lobbies, performance issues and the cluster**** of hacking at the moment.

So I have walked away till they make some improvements.

Been playing Unreal instead :D

Thought the PC version will have dedicated servers?

Soldato
Thought the PC version will have dedicated servers?

Supposedly, but SHG/Acti are being illusive. There are rumours that dedis were just a bait and switch sales ploy.

There are also rumours that dedis have been rolled out but form part of a hybrid system that changes from dedi to P2P as needed depending on player numbers and locations.

But I really cant see acti rolling out anything without making a big song and dance about it, which they have not done. So I suspect there are no dedis. Yet.

They are also being very evasive when asked about server browsers and rentable dedis.

The lag compensation in 'servers' is sometimes shocking. So are the number of hacked lobbies where you make only a few kills and progress several ranks!

People saying they haven't seen hacks must be either very lucky or not really paying attention to their kill cams. To the point where I am tempted to go and video a load of them to prove a point. But it seems many other people are doing that already. Forums and YT are full of the evidence.

Added to that, the popular hacking sites are listing more active AW hacks than there are peak active players in the game. Added to that VAC is allegedly not even active on AW yet. So it stands to reason there is plenty of hacking going on!

Associate
One of my biggest gripes at the moment is the stupid spawns. Lost track of how many times I have been killed within taking a single step in a spawn point.

What can they do though. The problem is not the spawns themselves its the fact the maps are small and that everyone is now super mobile. Previous CODs were bad enough for it. Now everyone can cover ground so fast there is hardly a free space at any time. Bar when the map starts.

Its frantic and fast paced, getting shot i the back or side happens all the time. All my friends seem to love it....i cant stand it. IMO titanfall is better in all ways

Back
Top Bottom