CODWWII

Soldato
I've seen so many comments throughout reddit and probably on here too that players that haven't played a COD since World at War were giving the open beta a try. I fall into this boat also and yea the game is pretty damn shallow.

• p2p servers instead of dedicated servers
  • SMGs and Assault Rifles are pretty much laser accurate. There is nearly no down side to running and gunning the whole time.
  • Next to no recoil on most weapons (apparently they nerfed the STG44 during the weekend, well I noticed no difference it's an absolute beast of a weapon) #
  • Maps are tiny, you can run around the full length in seconds
  • Really repetitive game play
It's kind of fun for maybe 30-40 minute blast on domination / team deathmatch. Get some rank ups and blow off some steam.

Safe to say I won't be purchasing.

wnb

wnb

Soldato
Spent 2 hours playing this it's the same old cod but with a new rehashed new look. Oh and it's full of hackers.

Associate
don't do it, they don't deserve your hard earned and you deserve better! :D I'd wait for Battalion 1944 (read on these forums it'll be £10.99)
Battalion is the one I'm waiting for too, looks fantastic in my opinion.

I'll probably pick this up when it comes down in price a bit, though the COD games always seem to hold a premium - interested to see what the SP will be like.

Associate
don't do it, they don't deserve your hard earned and you deserve better! :D I'd wait for Battalion 1944 (read on these forums it'll be £10.99)

Interesting but will that end up too niche of a game?

It was such a great era to cover for games back in the day, MOHAA onto COD, DOD and Battlefield. Im hopeful of a return, especially in terms of multiplayer

Caporegime
battalion will be like cod 2 mp.gunna be fast paced. phantasy off here and cod pro has been helping them. funny enough watched him other day streaming cod.first or second game aimbotter lol.never changes and some how gets worse with every game. by worse so simple that you literally dont have to play it.its a rank up affair and then dont play it.

Associate
Sounds like its just like all the other non zombie multiplayer COD matches then which doesn't surprise me. Fingers crossed the single player campaign is still a decent experience (I haven't bought a COD since Black Ops/Modern Warfare... I only buy it for single player hehe).

That sniper mission in Chernobyl was just amazing. :D

Associate
last time i played cod was cod2 am i getting my hopes up for a replica/similar xperience? just payed steam for it last night......(said i wouldnt but couple bottles of plonk made me do it)

Soldato
last time i played cod was cod2 am i getting my hopes up for a replica/similar xperience? just payed steam for it last night......(said i wouldnt but couple bottles of plonk made me do it)

Have you not read the thread or played the beta? I'd say you are definitely getting your hopes up.

Back
Top Bottom