Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Soldato
I’m after a coffee machine for my new office. There’s 2 of us plus clients who will drink it so not huge volumes. Will a pos machine be a good choice? I want somethibg decent, certainly better than instant. The main thing that puts me off the pods machines is that they only give you small cups?

I had thought about a bean to cup machine but the grinding noise isn’t ideal in an open plan office.

Is there anything that’s quick and convenient that uses pre ground? Filter perhaps?

Anyone in the same boat?

Soldato
I’m after a coffee machine for my new office. There’s 2 of us plus clients who will drink it so not huge volumes. Will a pos machine be a good choice? I want somethibg decent, certainly better than instant. The main thing that puts me off the pods machines is that they only give you small cups?

I had thought about a bean to cup machine but the grinding noise isn’t ideal in an open plan office.

Is there anything that’s quick and convenient that uses pre ground? Filter perhaps?

Anyone in the same boat?

I recently bought a Nespresso Virtuo for my office and an aerocino thing. Pretty good results, lots of drink size options from single shot to 425ml mug and a decent sized water tank. Ticked all my boxes.

Soldato

Anyone in the same boat?

My bean to cup is no louder than my Nespresso machine. Grinding is quieter than the pump.

Associate
I got the Krups Nespresso machine with the milk foamer. I like it, although the frother is a faff and doesn't come out except on weekends. I prefer to warm my milk in the microwave if I'm having it most of the time.
Can't complain for a gift it is good. Not too noisy, just wish I could get selections of their coffees without the decaf, or buy in bulk a bit cheaper. I don't use the third party pods unless they're aluminium because of the recycling thing.

Soldato
Made up my mind in the end and have opted to look at the Krups Nespresso Vertuo machine, which currently goes for £119 or so. I'll hold off a purchase to see what the upcoming sales yield.
I like the options of a more larger cup size that vertuo pods give you, even though they do increase the price per somewhat and at the same time I do like my crema. Since I'll be not using it heavily the cost shouldn't be too bad - I hope. I just need to get an affordable 40/150ml glass mug. It is a shame that the barcode tech means that 3rd party pods are out of the question - for now though.

Associate
I’m using the sage barista express and love it I got it after my previous delonghi nespresso Latisma touch died and I had the nespresso krups machine with a milk frother before that.

Soldato
I've used a Nespresso machine for a couple of years too, I started using refillable capsules which I fill with coffee from Rave so I'm saving a lot of money compared to buying official pods. I'll definitely be buying a bean to cup when the Nespresso machine eventually dies

Which refillable capsules do you/anybody use/recommend??

Soldato
Which refillable capsules do you/anybody use/recommend??
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B072Q5H75W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These at the moment as my usual ones haven;t been available for a few weeks now. They do the job but you have to get the coffee tamped the right amount. Not enough and you get watery coffee, too much and the machine will struggle to generate enough pressure to get through the coffee.

I normally use 2 pods for each cup of coffee to get decent strength too.

Soldato
I used a Nespresso machine for a few months last year and was impressed by the coffee, but not so impressed by the price and having to use two pods to get one full-sized coffee. My head was turned and I ended up with a DeLonghi bean to cup machine which I've tried hard to love. I've purchased gourmet beans, Starbucks beans and supermarket beans. Each new variety is okay for a while and then they start tasting unpleasant and I swap to a new bean. I am now on the brink of going off coffee entirely, which is something I can't accept!

I've checked out the Nespresso Vertuo machines online and am concerned both at the price of the pods (I'd probably get through £55 worth per month, which is quite a lot of expenditure when the bean-to-cup runs me to about £12-15 per month). I am also concerned that a full cup from a Vertuo machine will not be hot enough, particularly when milk is added. At least with the old Nespresso pods I could bang out a couple of espressos into the same cup and top up with boiling water. If the Vertuo machines vend 350mls of water that isn't hot enough, there'll be no opportunity to top up.

Then there are Lavazza machines, which seem to have rather less market penetration than the big boys. The Lavazza pods are widely available, occasionally discounted and, I believe, have more coffee in each pod. Does anyone have a Lavazza machine and can vouch for the quality? Having experienced the horror of third-party Nespresso capsules, I am concerned that even the Lavazza original pods might be average quality, especially since I didn't particularly enjoy the Lavazza Qualita Rossa beans I used in my bean-to-cup.

Soldato
Ended up buying a Nespresso Pixie + Aerochino for £139 at JL. Despite the numerous offers I don't like the sound of Nespresso being in full control of the pricing or Vertuo capsules just yet so I decided against buying a machine.

Does anyone know where to buy a good glass espresso/lungo set of cups from? The ones on amazon seem somewhat hit and miss in terms of build.

Soldato
Ended up buying a Nespresso Pixie + Aerochino for £139 at JL. Despite the numerous offers I don't like the sound of Nespresso being in full control of the pricing or Vertuo capsules just yet so I decided against buying a machine.

Does anyone know where to buy a good glass espresso/lungo set of cups from? The ones on amazon seem somewhat hit and miss in terms of build.
Does it taste better out of specific cups. What's wrong with a mug.

Soldato
I had searched for glass and would say nothing elegant to do justice to espresso - get some borosilicate shot glasses, the bodum double walled stuff w/o handles are fragile/slippery.
illy had made some but no one since followed ..albeit illy cups too small for my liking

I had specced these shots but oos https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009PL7OCC now
earlier post https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/29711940
Thank you so much. The reviews on Bodum stuff were quite poor for obvious reasons. I'll have a gander at boro shot glasses for sure.

Picking my machine up at a local waitrose tomorrow. Seriously can't wait to try some pods.

Soldato
I've got that Cuisinart machine, had it about 6 years I think. I'd recommend it, it makes good coffee and is easy to clean.

The only slight niggle is that ground coffee gets stuck in the path between the grinder and brew basket so every so often I take the bean hopper off, open the access door and clean it out. Takes no more than 5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom