Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Soldato
When I grumbled about the previous pods being rubbish they offered me a sample box for £3. They'd then give me £3 credit towards a box of pods which would make that sample box free. The new pods are much better but still not all that good, especially considering the price. So I've ended up paying £3 for the samples as I won't be ordering any of their pods.

A week or so later they were dishing them out free on Facebook. I found the link but its of no use now.

I'm done with Pact.

Soldato
Just reviving this thread rather than starting a new one. I'm currently looking at Jovia/Mini me/Vivy 2. Any recommendations between these three as looking to purchase my first machine.

Soldato
Just reviving this thread rather than starting a new one. I'm currently looking at Jovia/Mini me/Vivy 2. Any recommendations between these three as looking to purchase my first machine.
The only thing I'd say is go for the one with the biggest water tank.
Look for deals, I found a £99 machine for £39 at Tesco Direct and a similar priced one at espares.
Andi.

Soldato
The only thing I'd say is go for the one with the biggest water tank.
Look for deals, I found a £99 machine for £39 at Tesco Direct and a similar priced one at espares.
Andi.
Got some amazon vouchers so preferably get it from there. Water capacity wise, it'd go to the Tassimo Vivy 2 with it's 2L tank.

Soldato
Yes 2l will be ok. Some of the others are a bit small, depends how many you're going to drink.
Register the machine as I just had 2 free packs as a birthday present from Tassimo. That and their 20 % off I got 12 packs for about £2.60 each.
Andi.

Soldato
Sorry, that's my mistake, not sure where I got 2L from. It's actually 0.7L which is less than the Dolce Gusto Mini Me's 0.8L.
Drink wise, it's just me and the GF which is probably 1 each every morning and possible more at the weekends.

Soldato
The bigger the tank, the longer you have water just sitting there. I personally tend to put fresh water in before I use mine as a habit.

Last edited:
Soldato
... but if you have a separate milk heater/throther is the capacity so significant ?
I like the simplicity of the lavaza machines, and they do 'make' coffee too.
- example older offer from hotuk
"453°Expired
Lavazza A Modo Mio Magia Plus LM6000 Espresso Coffee Machine, Ice White OR Cream, + FREE Milk Frother worth £39.99 - just £69 delivered / C&C @ John Lewis + 2 year guarantee"
wait for black friday ?

edit: https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthre...Modo-Mio-or-Dolce-Gusto-which-way-to-go/page6

Last edited:
Soldato
For the Tassimo owners: Costa Gingerbread Latte and Bailey's Hot Chocolate now available on the online store, and a 20% discount on orders over £40 if you're interested.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think of moving from Tassimo to Nespresso because of the amount of plastic we’re binning in pods.

Anyone made the change?

Soldato
because of the amount of plastic we’re binning in pods.

nespresso's not necessarily, or wasn't, an ecological move
RIP :Nespresso says ‘bye, George’ as Colombian coffee farmer Humberto kicks off ‘new era’ of advertising
Last year, former Nespresso chief executive Jean-Paul Gaillard warned the coffee pods could be contributing to a global environmental disaster, with billions of aluminium capsules ending up in landfills across the world each year.
“People shouldn’t sacrifice the environment for convenience,” he said.
Mr Gaillard is now the head of Ethical Coffee Company, a rival which makes fully biodegradable coffee capsules that break down within eight months.
Mr Rethore said while George Clooney would still be “part of our ecosystem”

Associate
Nesspresso offer a free recycling service, stick your used pods in one of their bags and send them off for free via collectplus. It's worth double bagging for info!

Soldato
I started with Nespresso pixie.

Moved to a Delonghi ETAM29.620.SB, best thing I did. So much more choice of coffee, enough was enough when they put the prices up.

Back
Top Bottom