Coffee machines, Tassimo or Nespresso?

Man of Honour
Not convinced by my new Nespresso machine with the new pods. They have put a lot of focus on the foam it produces but for me that is not a good thing and it doesn't make a hit enough coffee either. Yes it makes good solid mug fulls and even large vacuum cups too if that's your thing, but not convinced.

Soldato
Had my Nespresso Pixie and Aerocinno for a few days now. My enjoyment is somewhat stemmed by the fact that I am awaiting delivery of 150 odd pods from Nespresso still. The starter pack that came with the machine has 14 assorted pods. I have found a few good ones in there like Indriya, Roma, Arpeggio and Envivo so far. The machine doesn't half put out a racket in operation though the final result is a very nice espresso that is hot enough. Build quality on the Pixie is very good and it lends itself well to the surrounding kitchen elements. The Aerocinno does a very good job of frothing up the milk should I want a more mellow drink so I have no complaints there since it is very easy to clean after use.

Think I made the right move in avoiding the Vertuo series. Despite it being able to make bigger drinks, which I do prefer I have read a lot of stories of some crazy amount of crema from various pods and if the pods are expensive now, the price a year down the line will likely be absurd. Not really a fan of third party stuff as I could never find anything good when our work office used to use a nespresso machine a good few years back.

Associate
HOgtkBN.jpg

Now the fun starts,

question though, it fills my glasses fine enough with the 110ml button but what about a mug? Would only half fill my mugs? Does the capachino programme button work in normal coffee to ie just press and hold till it’s done? Then it remembers? Just reading through the booklet now! Had to make a coffee first though:D

Associate
I’m not sure never used one of these before, do you need bigger capsules for the 110ml button? It was a nicaragua that I picked up, Never thought of that how do you pre warm?

Soldato
This might be different from your machine but on the Pixie I have a habit to run an empty espresso shot (or two) into my cup in order to warm the cup and to both rinse out any risidual bits in the machine before lobbing it into the sink. I then pour whatever I drink I desire. At the end of making a drink, I then run a lungo sized shot (110ml) into a random mug to further rinse out the machine before switching it off.

AgzDXis.jpg

KgkhklI.jpg

Associate
This might be different from your machine but on the Pixie I have a habit to run an empty espresso shot (or two) into my cup in order to warm the cup and to both rinse out any risidual bits in the machine before lobbing it into the sink. I then pour whatever I drink I desire. At the end of making a drink, I then run a lungo sized shot (110ml) into a random mug to further rinse out the machine before switching it off.

Good tip, I shot in 2 empty’s then made my drink and my drink was a lot hotter than my first one. Thought my first drink wasn’t that hot but maybe Never heated up when I turned it on for the first time,I did notice that the pod was empty near the end and then it was just hot water coming out, is there different sized pods for each size...................... 2nd coffee in 30 mins

Associate
This was capsule/pod I used

lQQOFBp.jpg
I’ll try pre heating the next time, just ordered a sleeve of the Carmelito to try.
Any recommendations for cappuccinos and lattes or is it personal preference. Might order a veriety pack to

Back
Top Bottom